Singer Cliff Richard 'thrilled' after sex inquiry dropped

webfact

Singer Cliff Richard 'thrilled' after sex inquiry dropped

LONDON (AP) — Singer Cliff Richard says he is pleased with prosecutors' decision to drop an investigation into historical sexual abuse.

He said in a statement Thursday he is "obviously thrilled that the vile accusations and the resulting investigation have finally been brought to a close."

The Crown Prosecution Service says there is insufficient evidence to prosecute and South Yorkshire Police have apologized for the handling of the case.

The 75-year-old singer said he had cooperated fully with the nearly two-year investigation.

He was questioned by detectives in 2014 but wasn't arrested or charged.

Richard has remained a popular act in Britain following his heyday in the late 1950s and early 1960s, just before the Beatles burst onto the music scene.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2016-06-17

Good to see that he was exonerated from those allegations, it would have been gut wrenching to

know that he too, was a sexual deviance like many others,, listing to his early music, always tosses you back to

the 60' and 70' with those golden years of good and honest music with memorable and

catchy tunes, glad that he's out of it finally....

No charges against Sir Cliff Richard
By Catherine Hardy

606x341_335804.jpg

LONDON: -- There will be no further action against British performer Sir Cliff Richard over allegations of historical sex abuse.

Prosecutors say there is not enough evidence to prosecute the 76-year-old singer and actor.

Four men had claimed offences took place between 1958 and 1983. One of the complainants is said to be considering an appeal against the decision not to bring charges.

Sir Cliff says he is “thrilled” that the investigation has been brought to a close, but is angry that he was named by the media despite not being charged.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-06-17

Good to see that he was exonerated from those allegations, it would have been gut wrenching to

know that he too, was a sexual deviance like many others,, listing to his early music, always tosses you back to

the 60' and 70' with those golden years of good and honest music with memorable and

'Insufficient evidence' doesn't sound like exoneration to me, whatever, it is wrong to convict people with the gutter press,the investigation shouldn't have been made public, this could ruin people socially and financially.

I have no idea whether he is guilty or innocent of what he was accused of.

What I found abhorrent was the press pack assembled, waiting like a pack of hyena's for the police to turn up and raid his flat for evidence.

'Insufficient evidence' doesn't sound like exoneration to me, whatever, it is wrong to convict people with the gutter press,the investigation shouldn't have been made public, this could ruin people socially and financially.

I am no fan of anyone with a Sir in front of their name, but I feel that no one should be named publically when

charged with an offence until they are found guilty.

What I found abhorrent was the press pack assembled, waiting like a pack of hyena's for the police to turn up and raid his flat for evidence.

Welcome to 2016 Sarge !

It would appear he is getting a thrill second time around.

No smoke without fire. Not enough evidence is not the same as not guilty, or no case to answer.

He's probably like that old b@stard George Bush Snr, will never answer to his crimes.

Hey Col 55555

I find it odd that many of these people were called groupies when they were young and required a small amount of associated fame and are now called victims when they are wiser and older and probably require some cash to boost their state pention.☺

Ken.

Welcome to 2016 Sarge !

As an Aussie neverdie, I will excuse you for missing the veiled meaning.

Welcome to 2016 Sarge !

As an Aussie neverdie, I will excuse you for missing the veiled meaning.

Missed it not. ;)

Groupy turned into grumpy = human age evolution.☺

Ken.

I find it odd that many of these people were called groupies when they were young and required a small amount of associated fame and are now called victims when they are wiser and older and probably require some cash to boost their state pention.☺

Ken.

Well I was a 'groupy', or something like that back then....But I do need some help with my pension now....laugh.png