Bizarre death of company president likely suicide, say police

webfact

Police should behave and conduct themselves in a professional manner by refraining from making such a suggestion before the investigation reveals the cause of death.Why should they drew such a conclusion and what if it was not a suicide? Will they then potch it up to make it look like A suicide to save face???? <deleted>!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given these circumstances, and the police's assumptions, I can only assume that a police officer known to the investigators killed the man...

Whenever I die here, if I do, please know that it will NOT be a suicide...Thaivisa members--avenge my death!!!coffee1.gif

Very bizarre indeed , then again you tend not to struggle with a glock held at your head , just a suggestion......................................coffee1.gif ..

Whether it was a Glock or a bazooka, a suffocating person will struggle. If you don't believe me, try it yourself.

er.....maybe he wasn't awake when he did this......obviously suicide by <Thai language removed> .....nothing to see here.....move along

Edited by metisdead
Thai language removed from post.

I can think of easier ways of committing suicide. It might conceivably have been a sex thing gone wrong. Some guys get off on aphyxiation. If the guy had a history of this the suicide verdict would be a nod to the family.

Thai police tend not to undertake evidence-based investigations but are world famous for their preferred alternative, the predetermined-outcome investigation. It is rather similar to the former but works in reverse. So, the discovery of evidence to support their determination is the last piece of the puzzle rather than the first while the announcement of what happened comes first rather than at the end. They find it makes life easier that way.

Very bizarre indeed , then again you tend not to struggle with a glock held at your head , just a suggestion......................................coffee1.gif ..

Whether it was a Glock or a bazooka, a suffocating person will struggle. If you don't believe me, try it yourself.

Erm, no! And i have to wonder how you know?

I guess if they made a Thai version of CSI for Thai TV it would be a comedy because no one in their right mind can take this seriously

I can see it now,,,

Hords of policeman taking pics with their smartphones then calling around to get the best price, this would be step 1 of the investigation.

Step 2, look for local food vendor.

Talk to any cop or EMT in any city in the world and you will find that no matter where, people kill themselves every day, often in bazaar and convoluted ways...not unique to Thailand

According to WHO, Thailand was tied with Cuba for 56th place in 2012 world suicide stats...below the USA (50), Japan (17) and surprisingly, S.Korea at #2. Guyana was #1

Of course. mere facts wont deter the TV Constant Conspiracy Squad from their "Only in Thailand" mentality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate#List_by_the_World_Health_Organization_.282012.29

OK, bear with me and please be gentle with me, but I don't understand.

I accept that there are suicides in every country (though I'm not sure I've heard of any among the inuit).

I accept that Guyana was number 1 for suicides in 2012. and that Thailand had fewer than the USA (which I understand - if I lived in the USA, I think I'd want to commit suicide).

What I don't understand is why that means that the suicide in question may not have been a suicide..

Please help, words of one syllable would be helpful Please remember I'm not Thai but I have lived in Thailand for a while, so the old IQ might be on the wane.

Winnie.

Edited by Winniedapu

blink.png ??

I can imagine the police now;

Senior copper: "Looks like suicide to me"

Junior copper: "Should we not run a blood test first before we inform the family?"

Senior copper: "We could. Or, we could go for dinner"

Junior copped: "Dinner it is, then"

Nice to see you found something to chuckle about in this story....May he RIP.

blink.png ??

I can imagine the police now;

Senior copper: "Looks like suicide to me"

Junior copper: "Should we not run a blood test first before we inform the family?"

Senior copper: "We could. Or, we could go for dinner"

Junior copped: "Dinner it is, then"

"Police said he probably arranged the hand restraints before wrapping his head in the tape. He would have been unable to breath and then placing his hands in the restraints and tightening them he would have been unable to save himself from suffocation."

Beautiful detective work; look on in envy Mr. Holmes. The local police have it solved. Suicide, most definitely.

The way this is described as a suicide is beyond me. Please Mr. Policeman can you show us how this is possible. Even Poirot couldn't come up with that. Very sad and condolences for the family.

By Thai standards it not the most bizarre suicide; at least with his hands tied and his mouth and nose taped, he did not then throw himself off a bridge.

RIP, poor man.

Suicide: Just the police way of doing as little police work as possible.

And all based on: No Signs of a Struggle.

In their expert opinions, If there is no signs of a struggle....then all mysterious deaths are decidedly Suicides...lol

Cheers

Edited by gemguy

Maybe a quick look at the companies books may have some answers.

Do you think there might be a connection, of course this depends on there being any company books to look at ?