Thai Embassy in Cambodia - giving out 90 day tourist visas?

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone had been to the Phnom Penh embassy for a 90 day tourist visa recently & how you go on?

I have been here for about 18 years and this will be my first time on a Tourist visa for various reasons. Hopefully I'll be back on a regular business/guardian visa in Nov (guardian visa will be available when my daughter turns 7).

Anyway - before I go to PP - I was wondering what the lay of the land was.

Cheers

Pete

Went there recently with a friend during Songkran. He needed a visa I just went along for fun. Was dead easy - we went to Lucky! Lucky! motorcycle shop and he showed his outbound flight ticket and paid the fee. Got the visa the next day. Was US$60 I think.

Some agents may not require a flight itinerary but if they insist, you could just print out a THAI ticket booked in advance and select the "pay later" option where your booking is held for 72 hours but you don't pay anything. Once you have your visa the booking will automatically be cancelled by the airline system for non-payment. Make sure you select a date far in advance - say 60 days from now.

• Like 2

There is nothing like a 90 day visa. Its 60 days with an option to extend for 30 days.

True, no 90 day tourist visa.

60 days incl. day of entry.

Don't mix it up with the three months of validity (time to use it).

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Sorry: Bicycle shop? You give your passport to someone working in a bicycle shop and hope you get it back? Is going to the consulate directly an issue? How do you know which bicycle shop is safe to give the passport to?

Thank you.

• Like 2

Went there recently with a friend during Songkran. He needed a visa I just went along for fun. Was dead easy - we went to Lucky! Lucky! motorcycle shop and he showed his outbound flight ticket and paid the fee. Got the visa the next day. Was US$60 I think.

Some agents may not require a flight itinerary but if they insist, you could just print out a THAI ticket booked in advance and select the "pay later" option where your booking is held for 72 hours but you don't pay anything. Once you have your visa the booking will automatically be cancelled by the airline system for non-payment. Make sure you select a date far in advance - say 60 days from now.

thai visa is $40 if u go to the embassy takes 3 days

use an agent $50 2 days, most dont ask for a ticket or show any $$

there is no 90 day tourist visa, never has been you get a 60 days tourist visa ( everywhere) an extend in country for 1,900 for an additional 30 days at any immigration

• Like 1

thai visa is $40 if u go to the embassy takes 3 days

use an agent $50 2 days, most dont ask for a ticket or show any $$

there is no 90 day tourist visa, never has been you get a 60 days tourist visa ( everywhere) an extend in country for 1,900 for an additional 30 days at any immigration

As I said, Lucky! Lucky! charges US$60 and you get the visa the next day.

We probably should have tried another agent to save a few $$ (well we asked New! New! next door but Lucky! Lucky! is more experienced) and before we even got there, we went to an agent in town but it was late at night the evening before so they were closed so decided let's be safe so we stuck wit Lucky! Lucky!

My friend already extended his visa for 30 days at immigration. Was a good trip - we drove from Bangkok to Phnom Penh.

Going to the embassy is not a good idea in PP. Agent is the better option.

• Like 1

Absolutely agree with the previous post. Handing your passport over to an agent is standard practice in Cambodia. Apart from saving 2-3 days for processing the visa, embassy folks are pretty unfriendly if you go there yourself (no commission in it for them) and it is not worth the hassle for saving 10-20 bucks. You're wasting a lot of time and have to spend money for taxis etc. Never had a problem having an agent handle my passport and never read in forums about passports getting stolen (I know Western passports are quite valuable).

• Like 2

OK - so I went to Lucky, Lucky. $65 with a promise of a 2 day turnaround.

They were a little concerned it might get rejected cause of all the previous visas. Working visa for years, then marriage visa last year but had trouble with that (uncooperative wife) this year, so ended up here.

I do wonder what would happen if this got rejected, whether I'd be let in on a 30 day.

I could do without the stress! My ex-wife has got me by the balls & is trying to squeeze me for $$$ and we haven't been together for years. Can't get a guardian visa 'cause the Amphur office won't interview my daughter till she's 7 and that's in October....

• Like 1