SEV - staying just over 60 days

I have obtained my SEV however

My travel dates are:

Leave UK 4th July - arrive BKK 5th July - leave BKK 4th September

This means I will be there for over 60 days

Last year they pulled me to one side and just advised me that I overstayed by 2 days - no fine and very friendly

This year it seems they are stricter - should I go to Jomtien a week before and get an extension? I am not really looking to make a border run for a few days overstay

what advice from everyone?

• You should be able to get an extension anytime within the last 2 weeks (1,900 baht).

A two day overstay will cost you 1,000 baht.

If you get caught on an overstay you can be arrested, prosecuted and banned for 5 years.

Good luck with your decision, but I'd opt for the easy extension (although you may only get 7 days). Yes, you lose at least half a day and need to appear sane and mostly sober, but the consequences of being caught on overstay (no matter how small the odds) would do it for me.

• You should be able to get an extension anytime within the last 2 weeks (1,900 baht).
  • A two day overstay will cost you 1,000 baht.
  • If you get caught on an overstay you can be arrested, prosecuted and banned for 5 years.

Thats not true in this case

• If you get caught on an overstay you can be arrested, prosecuted and banned for 5 years.

Why?

Why?

Because I am going to take your advice and get an extension wai.gif

Good luck with your decision, but I'd opt for the easy extension (although you may only get 7 days). Yes, you lose at least half a day and need to appear sane and mostly sober, but the consequences of being caught on overstay (no matter how small the odds) would do it for me.

When did they begin requiring sane and mostly sober?

• Like 2

when you have a 60 day visa can you fly to vietnam on say day 58 stay there for 3 weeks and then come back and do the 30 day extension?

If so where do you do the extension? i have never been to thailand for more than a month...

No, you need to do the ext before the visa expires...

when you have a 60 day visa can you fly to vietnam on say day 58 stay there for 3 weeks and then come back and do the 30 day extension?

If so where do you do the extension? i have never been to thailand for more than a month...

You would not be able to get an extension.

You would get a 30 day visa exempt entry when your return that could be extended for 30 days.

ok so is this ok....i want to get all the tickets before i go so here is my rough dates with a 60 day visa

december 1 syd to bangkok....jan 24 flight to vietnam returning to bangkok on 15 feb.... bangkok to syd 10 march??....

Enter on the single entry visa and get the 60 days. Go to Vietnam and get a 30 day visa exempt entry when your return to here.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone answer this question for me.... go to thailand on the 60 day tourist visa and then do the 30 day extension... then fly to vietnam for 3 weeks and then fly back to thailand for 30 days visa exempt.... is this possible without to much problems?

Thanks

Can anyone answer this question for me.... go to thailand on the 60 day tourist visa and then do the 30 day extension... then fly to vietnam for 3 weeks and then fly back to thailand for 30 days visa exempt.... is this possible without to much problems?

Thanks

Possible with no problem.

Why?

Because I am going to take your advice and get an extension wai.gif

--------------------

Yes that is a good idea.

But you can leave Thailand and return on your original 60 day visa.

However you will need an exit re-entry permit at 1000 Baht to leave an return on the single entry tourist visa.

That is why it is called a single entry tourist visa.....because you normally get one single entry and one single exit on that visa

The exit re-entry permit is what allows you to exit Thailand if you want to and then return before that original 60 day visa expires.

That is why it is called an exit re-entry permit, it allows you to exit and re-enter on an otherwise single entry visa.

Thanks guys.... one more question.... where can you go to do the 30 day visa extension... do you have to leave the country temporarily? Is that what is called a visa run?

Cheers...

You apply for the 30 day extension at a immigration office. The fee is 1900 baht.

Why would he get 7 days? That would only happen if his application for a 30 day extension were refused, and there's no reason why it should be.

• Like 1