How much can I extend the Non-O visa ? 7 days, 30 days, or 60 days ?

Hello,

I've issed a Siingle Entry Non-O Immigrant ( based I've a Thai Kid ) we're not married, & not legitmized.

Well, actually I'm alone, & I want to spend my time alone.

I woud like to know what kind of extension I can get, as I'm alone with a Non-O Immigrant visa.

The tourist visa can be extended for 30 days, but it's doesn't apply to the Non-O visa, right ?

The visa can be extended of 60 days, for family reasons, but as the kid & the mother are not with me, it cannot be extended on this way, right ?

So, this visa can be extended by & only for the 7 days right ? ( the 7 days days given as the extension was denied ) is it right ? what I've said at all or not ?

PS : I've all the documents copy of her mother & the kid (ID of mother, Tabian Ban, Sutibat ( Birth certificate ), Thai passport of the kid and all are signed & wrote in Thai the thing that i's conform from the hand of the mother, I don't know if it can help for a extension if she's doesn't present herself at Immigration Bureau

Edited by Danielsiam

YEP and that he wants to stay alone doesn't make it better.

The only real extension you qualify for is the 60 days to visit your child. Only your child would have to be with you when you apply. Their mother does not need to be with you.

Joe I went to immigration with the same visa at the beginning of May and was offered 90 day extension, 30 days then 60

The only real extension you qualify for is the 60 days to visit your child. Only your child would have to be with you when you apply. Their mother does not need to be with you.

Joe I went to immigration with the same visa at the beginning of May and was offered 90 day extension, 30 days then 60

There is no 30 day extension with a Non Imm O permission to stay.

There is no 30 day extension with a Non Imm O permission to stay.

That is what I thought as I have never heard it before. But the senior officer said I could get 90 days. unfortunately I turned the offer down and got 60 days as the immigration I use are well known in the area for not being very helpful towards foreigners. But next time I will take them up on the offer and see what happens. will keep you posted

Were you on a non immigrant visa entry?

If you were on a tourist visa or visa exempt entry they might of been saying you could apply for the normal 30 day extension allowed for them and then the 60 day extension. Some offices will do that.

Were you on a non immigrant visa entry?

If you were on a tourist visa or visa exempt entry they might of been saying you could apply for the normal 30 day extension allowed for them and then the 60 day extension. Some offices will do that.

Yes it was a Non O for having Thai children, same as the OP not married or have the kids legalized only my name on the birth cert. The immigration lady asked me in perfect English if I wanted a 60 day or a 90 day extension. I thought it was some sort of a scam, but thanks if they offer it again I will take it