SURVEY: What's your favorite beer in Thailand?

Scott

SURVEY: What's your favorite beer in Thailand?  

271 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't get the Hang Of Chang. 3on a Sunday and I post more rubbish than usual,but 3 Leoes and no Mr Grumpy..[emoji481][emoji481][emoji481]

I tried Chang about 2007, got about 1/2 way through the bottle and developed a headache. Maybe a coninkadink but that was it for me, haven't had one since.

For me it's Heineken due to lack of competition. Unfortunately I am currently on a Leo budget. I haven't drunk Chang since the tsunami, nor will I ever touch it again.

Every time I travel back to the US I marvel at how the beer situation there has improved there since I moved over here. It is like we are stuck in retarded time warp.

The only silver lining is that I probably drink less beer than I would if I lived elsewhere....

Beer Lao, if I can get it. Otherwise Tiger, Singha or Heineken are OK most time. Guinness or some other imported draught on occasion, depending on the occasion.

I don't drink much so don't mind paying a little bit of a premium for something good when I do.

Archa? sick.gif

My little collection; I find them in the thailand ditches ;

I don't drink alcools, no beers, no wine, no whiskies or whiskeys ..and I don't smoke too cheesy.gif

In that little collection, two " gatecrashers whistling.gif " , one from Vietnam and the other from Laos

27713613480_928eab113a_b.jpg

They all go down OK as long as they are very cold.

All are drinkable, none are memorable.

And to have a debate "my favourite Thai beer is better than yours", is a bit pointless.

leo with ice or the japanese beer kirin

Kirin's pretty good, taste like a regular joe's beer back home.

Unfortunately Kirin isnt stocked at 7/11 or the beer shop so i only buy it when i visit the wholesale place that has it.

Gonna try Singha light now that people keep refering to it.

"back in uk for 2 months, love the choice here, last night had coors light..."

Wait. Is this the same country that, in my humble opinion has The World's Greatest Beer?

Samuel Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout?

We're you dropped on your head as a child? Ever had a job putting cardboard dividers into boxes?

Coors light, right. 555+

Edited by SiSePuede419

Chang used to be an excellent, strong, bitter brew that was by far the best brewed in Thailand. After they switched from the brown bottle to the green and changed the formula (lowered the alcohol content considerably), it now pretty much sucks. I still buy it though, as all the other Thai beers still suck even more! drunk.gifburp.gif

Singha Light isn't bad...

Singha light is okay if you don't appreciate the taste of beer but enjoy pissing a lot.

Thai beer is vile and tastes like watered down cat's piss. Even locally brewed bland foreign brands like Heineken have been dumbed down for the local palette - pretend lagers that all have a dreadful tangy taste and not enough hops. I usually drink imported beer like Hoegaarden, Punk IPA, Kilkenny or London Pride. Worth paying extra for.

Edited by dbrenn

There might be a 'lot' of beers here but for a given place outside the main tourist areas it generally only comes down to a choice of three or four; Chang, Sing, Leo and Tiger. Used to be for Tiger but it's not always available and doesn't keep as well. Chang is now gross and down to 5%, and as for Heineken, Yuck! So Leo by default. All very sad really. When is the ASEAN alliance going to see the emergence of Beer Lao at a nominal price alongside the ongoing 20-year old mediocre standard options?

Beer made in Thailand by locals is rubbish! Belgium and Germany rule, when it comes to beer making. Thus, whenever I can afford, I opt for German or Belgium beers. There are some micro breweries around, one here in Jungceylon, which serve tasty home brews as well. All of them have foreign partners (professional brewers) involved. Never order a pizza in a Chinese restaurant smile.png

I dunno, I like Leffe a lot but to be fair their beers are a bit arty-farty. The Brits have and always will be the masters of beer making (a la real ale) and that authentic pub experience. All others are wannabees playing catch-up... for our American friends: the microbrewery is not a new invention, guys.

This is what I'm talkin about:

post-14998-0-74764900-1467688104_thumb.j

Oops, I mean this:

post-14998-0-25186400-1467688146_thumb.j

Beer made in Thailand by locals is rubbish! Belgium and Germany rule, when it comes to beer making. Thus, whenever I can afford, I opt for German or Belgium beers. There are some micro breweries around, one here in Jungceylon, which serve tasty home brews as well. All of them have foreign partners (professional brewers) involved. Never order a pizza in a Chinese restaurant smile.png

I dunno, I like Leffe a lot but to be fair their beers are a bit arty-farty. The Brits have and always will be the masters of beer making (a la real ale) and that authentic pub experience. All others are wannabees playing catch-up... for our American friends: the microbrewery is not a new invention, guys.

This is what I'm talkin about:

attachicon.giffar.jpg

Oops, I mean this:

attachicon.gifale.jpg

Beers here, like beers from England. And I can say no more.

post-195509-0-42324000-1467688954_thumb.

I like San Miguel, but I have never been able to find anywhere that sells the boxes of 12 large bottles. My local Macro (CM) never seems to stock it, only the light version.

I like San Miguel, but I have never been able to find anywhere that sells the boxes of 12 large bottles. My local Macro (CM) never seems to stock it, only the light version.

It's a cheaper priced corona

Beer flavored water, still fun to drink with lime when its hot.

No one mentioned locally brewed Japanese beer Asahi. That is my favourite locally brewed beer. In my opinion beats all the beers that are commercially brewed here.

When it comes to price and value I adore the imported beer Lao Dark.

I can't wait Thailand to start brewing stouts. It is so boring when you have to choose only from poorly brewed largers.

Edited by Thunder26

Tops is now doing Tiger 2 pack large bottles for 106 thb...that's cheaper than Leo at 7-11.

I'm really surprised about Tiger move. It used to be more expensive than Singha 10 years ago. But now it is cheaper than Leo. It is a great alternative because in my opinion it is better than Leo. Tiger really dumped the price recently!