No special visa required:

Camp Adisorn, RTA Cavalry Centre, Saraburi.

"It is Saraburi’s military tourist attraction with many activities such as mountain biking, mountain climbing and hiking. Another interesting activity is driving a tank at the price of 300 baht. Visitors don’t have to be worried since there will be an instructor and the tanks are already out of action.

There are also another activities and attractions such as cavalry museum, which exhibit history and weapons that were once used. There is also outdoor performance of the tanks which are out of action and can be hardly seen nowadays even in its producer country. It opens on public working day from 08.30am-04.00pm. Weekends and holidays open from 09.00am-03.00pm. For more information please call 0362120589 dial 64232"

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1

No special visa required:

Camp Adisorn, RTA Cavalry Centre, Saraburi.

"It is Saraburis military tourist attraction with many activities such as mountain biking, mountain climbing and hiking. Another interesting activity is driving a tank at the price of 300 baht. Visitors dont have to be worried since there will be an instructor and the tanks are already out of action.

There are also another activities and attractions such as cavalry museum, which exhibit history and weapons that were once used. There is also outdoor performance of the tanks which are out of action and can be hardly seen nowadays even in its producer country. It opens on public working day from 08.30am-04.00pm. Weekends and holidays open from 09.00am-03.00pm. For more information please call 0362120589 dial 64232"

That would be private land no? I'm talking about public roads like going into town.

First you would need a tank to drive on public roads. I am not sure you could get one here. Also most tanks I can think of have tracks not wheels and tires which would damage roads.

A armored personnel carrier (APC) might be easier to drive on public roads.

• Like 2

The only case I can think of, since WW2, where foreign nationals have driven fully equipped tanks in Thailand is during the Cobra Gold military exercises. I am not too sure what the visa requirements are for taking part, but I believe enlisting in one of the participating armed forces is one important prerequisite.

Driving 24-wheeler trucks is almost equivalent. I suggest you look into doing this instead. As best as I can tell, no special visa is needed, as long as you will operate the vehicle strictly for private use. Unlike in most countries, I do not think there is a special license requirement for heavy good vehicles.