Dhammachayo should prove his innocence, says PM Prayut

webfact

Me thinks that Dhammachayo knows his country...the power brokers...and the chances of receiving a fair hearing...

He may actually be guilty...but that probably does not matter to those who want to bring about his demise...

Me thinks that Dhammachayo knows his country...the power brokers...and the chances of receiving a fair hearing...

He may actually be guilty...but that probably does not matter to those who want to bring about his demise...

anyone, from any sector or forces, will be brought to their knees if possible if they are of the wrong colour

This monk was first spotlight back in early 2000s, his charges were deflected by Thaksin. Now his current move where his supporters are preventing his arrest is just another classic play from the red shirt manual. Are people even surprise? perhaps you are if you are not well aware of this monks history and political connections.

I see you are selective in your post. The Wat controversies started well before 2000s. In fact the first high tension dispute between followers and authority goes back in 1999 and who was the government - Dem and PM Chuan. The government subsequently didn't pursue the case and the Thailand Nation Office of Buddhism dropped all charges until this new charges surfaced in 2015. Tell the truth and don't distort the facts.

Yes it started before 2000s. He was ousted from the temple towards end of 1999 and arrest warrants were issued. As everybody know, high profile cases always drag on forever. The monk use the same lame excuse - fake doctor note, use his supporters to counter police, etc. Dem and PM Chuan let the authorities do their jobs properly - I don't see why I need to mention DEMs here.

The case was delayed and dragged until 2001 when Thaksin became PM, all of sudden his charges were dropped and newspaper even issued public apology. What I've stated previously was not selective at all. The fact that Thaksins rise to power was also due to Dhammachayo's support. And once Thaksin was in office, all of sudden charges are dropped even with mounting evidence.

Even during Thaksins was ouster by the army Dhammachayo played songs that supported Thaksin at his mega temple, even plaster pro -thaksin posters everywhere!

Did you not remember during the UDD rally, he sent monks to counter the police/army.

That is the truth, can you handle it?

I see you self corrected your error. Well done. Now what's that about the case suddenly dropped when Thaksin was the PM? The charges were filed in 1999 for illegal land and embezzlement. Thaksin was elected in 2001. That was a full 2 years for Chuan to take action. He didn't and that's the fact. Why? I don't claim to know and neither should you to try to claim that Thaksin had a role in dropping the charges. Just say you don't know will do.

By the way, Luangta Maha Bua famously turned against Thaksin and Chamlong brought 1,000 Santi Asoke followers to protest against Thaksin. So what's so unusual about religion taking sides.

Yes it started before 2000s. He was ousted from the temple towards end of 1999 and arrest warrants were issued. As everybody know, high profile cases always drag on forever. The monk use the same lame excuse - fake doctor note, use his supporters to counter police, etc. Dem and PM Chuan let the authorities do their jobs properly - I don't see why I need to mention DEMs here.

The case was delayed and dragged until 2001 when Thaksin became PM, all of sudden his charges were dropped and newspaper even issued public apology. What I've stated previously was not selective at all. The fact that Thaksins rise to power was also due to Dhammachayo's support. And once Thaksin was in office, all of sudden charges are dropped even with mounting evidence.

Even during Thaksins was ouster by the army Dhammachayo played songs that supported Thaksin at his mega temple, even plaster pro -thaksin posters everywhere!

Did you not remember during the UDD rally, he sent monks to counter the police/army.

That is the truth, can you handle it?

I see you self corrected your error. Well done. Now what's that about the case suddenly dropped when Thaksin was the PM? The charges were filed in 1999 for illegal land and embezzlement. Thaksin was elected in 2001. That was a full 2 years for Chuan to take action. He didn't and that's the fact. Why? I don't claim to know and neither should you to try to claim that Thaksin had a role in dropping the charges. Just say you don't know will do.

By the way, Luangta Maha Bua famously turned against Thaksin and Chamlong brought 1,000 Santi Asoke followers to protest against Thaksin. So what's so unusual about religion taking sides.

Yes it was filed in late 1999. If you want to nit pick with dates, yes I am wrong for being 3-4 months off. The authorities did try to take action, thats the fact. So what were you saying about Chuan? you think he can speed up the case? it proceeded according to the law....the corrupt monk dragged it on for a full 2 years. Why do you think Chuan could have expedited the case? even if he did, bet you will be the first one to cry foul! So again no point of bring DEMs in the discussion. You keep on trying put this on the DEMs for not being able to close the case against the monk.

Not being able to close a case does not mean the guilty one is not guilty. We've seen it too many times in Thailand. Red Bull heir killing the police - case not closed. Corrupt Rice Scheme - case not closed. Purchase of fake bomb detectors - case not closed. Lots of corruption cases under the BMA watch - case not closed. The list goes on for cases on both sides of the political spectrum as well as normal high profile cases out there.

Its not a coincidence that when Thaksin became PM, the charges were dropped. Everyone knows its because of him! I'm sure you read articles regarding to Thaksins support for him, if not you should dig into it. I do not need to try to present evidence here, you are/have been a PTP supporter, no matter what I present you will not accept it. We debated about other PTP issues in the past.

We can discuss about other monks even Phra Issara and his hand in politics, I will be more than happy to point it out if this thread was about Issara, but its not, so lets stay on topic. Yes its not unusual for religion to take side, its deeply routed in Thai politics, but in this case the CORRUPTION factor outshines all others and is worthy of repeated discussion until this crooked monk is behind bars. Its not just a case of calling supporters to rally, its also about embezzlement of millions of dollars.

Monks are not suppose to own any procession under their name, wonder why you don't condemn this corrupt monk.

I did even mention in another thread that, the only reason why this case is back in the spotlight instead of simmering at the back of all the other events is due to political reasons. This is one of Thaksins last strong support, hence the army is intent of breaking this up and jailing this monk once and for all. This is the only group that can mobilize thousands of supporters on last minute notice, not only that what makes this group special is that they can mobilize thousands of monks where police/army would not dare do anything to them if they are on the streets. Nonetheless, what the army is doing still does not excuse the fact that this monk is corrupted and should be in jail since long time ago.

Edited by mike324