International Funds Transfer _ Sending Money Out of Thailand

Be aware, if you bring money into Thailand or accumulate it here, you may find it very difficult to send money back home. Funds transfers can only be made for these 3 purposes.

Also note, they force you to convert it to a foreign currency first, you cannot transfer in Thai baht. This way they make margin on the conversion.

kbank.png

Edited by haymanpl

you should request for and keep the FET form when bringing money into Thailand.

This is your proof the money came from overseas, and will allow you to send it out.

I also notice the remarks comment at the bottom, which seems to imply that these 3 purposes, are only if using the online k banking international transfer - if in person at the branch, are there other possible options?

Edited by jonw8uk

You will find not all banks are the same here & you may be quoting "K-Cyber" Banking terms

I transfer often recently with Bangkok Bank to USA no problems &

aside from my form with instructions for them & my passport or Thai license I am not asked for anything further

I do have FET's from years gone by but have never been asked to provide any

Nor do I have a work permit etc

But I also have been told anything under 50k USD is not going to require anything else in way of proofing funds.

As for converting before transfer OF COURSE you would.

Who would want to transfer Thai Baht?? You will get a much worse rate anywhere else in the world than here

Not to mention even physically it is against Thai law to take more than 50k baht out of Thailnd

Also 50k baht is peanuts

As for margins? I think you will find foreign exchange rates for TT quite good actually

there is nothing preventing you from loading up a suitcase full of thb, declare them on exit and exchange them in the country of your choice.

you might even end up with a much better deal.

Have you ever seen what the exchange rates for THB cash in western countries are?

A terrible loss! Double digit percentage.

If using cash then go to Chinatown and use the well known exchange offices and change to your home currency.

Very good rates for the major currencies like USD, EUR, GBP, CHF...

Edited by KhunBENQ

What's the max amount of cash a Thai or foreigner can carry out of the country ?

For Thai baht as previously stated 50k per person or 100k per family for countries other than bordering countries.

Bordering countries I believe the limit is 500k baht

http://www.customs.go.th/wps/wcm/connect/custen/travellers/departing+from+thailand/departingfromthailand+

Otherwise it depends on what currency your talking about & also are you asking

max amount before needing to be declared? (report to Customs)

If USD I believe it is 20k but...when entering or leaving the USA it is anything over 10k needs to be declared

Also remember these days a custom officer can ask how was it obtained? Do you have proof of funds etc,

So as with most things depends on are you asking about what currencies.

At the end of the day Transfers by wire are most efficient unless you have a problem

with putting funds into the system? (the unbanked smile.png )

Edited by mania

The chart in OPs post applies to adding "international transfer authorization" to your ibanking. For expats it is basically limited to your "in-Thailand salary"

However, when you go the branch in person to accomplish an international transfer the rules are more liberal.

Don't confuse international transfer limits under ibanking with physical in-branch transfers.