30 day extension on a visa on arrival by border?

Visa Exempt Entry, Yes. Costs 1,900 baht from an immigration office.

Visa On Arrival, No.

Coudl you tell me if I havea visa on arrival or visa exempt entry? is it because of a land crossing instead of fly in?

90 days ago. I arrived from Hong Kong and got a 30 day tourist visa, then I 30 day extended. After that expired I went to cambodia and came back with a land crossing 30 day visa.

Visa On Arrival, No.

Coudl you tell me if I havea visa on arrival or visa exempt entry? is it because of a land crossing instead of fly in?

90 days ago. I arrived from Hong Kong and got a 30 day tourist visa, then I 30 day extended. After that expired I went to cambodia and came back with a land crossing 30 day visa.

If you were given 30 days when crossing by land it was a visa exempt entry, and you can extend it by 30 days at immigration.

Visa On Arrival, No.

If you were given 30 days when crossing by land it was a visa exempt entry, and you can extend it by 30 days at immigration.

Ok thank you for that answer.

My visa expired saturday the 18th. Are there any stories of them denying an extension for 3 days overstay?

Yes it can be done.

But you do not get an extension at the border.

What G-7 country nationals get is a 30 day visa exempt entry.....it is not a "visa on arrival".

They are 2 different things, like Apples and Oranges.

A 30 day visa exempt entry can be extended for another 30 days at Bangkok immigration office in the government complex at ChaengWattana in Bangkok for a fee of 1900 Baht.

Go there in the last 15 days of your 30day visa exempt entry.....pay the fee, and get a new 30 day visa/extension.

You will need to make copies of your passport photo page and your entry stamp....all that can be done in CW downstairs at the copy shop for 2 Baht copy fee per page copied.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Thanks for the clarification. Many people have been saying you cant get an extension on a border run 30 day visa.

He was saying you cannot get a 30 day extension at the border.

You can get a 30 day extension at an immigration office.

Thanks for the clarification. Many people have been saying you cant get an extension on a border run 30 day visa.

He was saying you cannot get a 30 day extension at the border.

You can get a 30 day extension at an immigration office.

Yes I meant thank you all for the clarification. I was trying to avoid going for another border run (for another 30 day visa) and was asking if I can get an extension instead at Chaeng Wattana

Edited by Sojuncoke