PM Prayut explains Thailand’s current situation to UN

webfact

PM Prayut explains Thailand’s current situation to UN

BANGKOK, 21 June 2016 (NNT) - The Prime Minister recently updated Thailand’s political situation to the United Nations Secretary-General.

Prime Minister Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha said that he offered an update on the current situation in Thailand to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, who now fully understands how the political transition has been proceeding and how much and how openly the current government has been working without suppressing people’s wishes to share their opinions.

Nevertheless, the PM said that the government will soon send government representatives to the UN to formally explain Thailand’s situation.

Meanwhile, Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Gen. Prawit Wongsuwon said that there isn't any reason for the United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship to open an anti-fraud center because there are already state agencies in charge of the issue.

In addition, Interior Minister Gen. Anupong Paochinda said that he has already ordered all provincial governors to launch actions against people, who have been promoting the UDD’s anti-fraud center on social media.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-06-21 footer_n.gif

"Prime Minister Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha said that he offered an update on the current situation in Thailand to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, who now fully understands how the political transition has been proceeding and how much and how openly the current government has been working without suppressing people’s wishes to share their opinions."

clap2.gifcheesy.gifcrazy.gif

I'm certain the UN Secretary-General has access to more factual information than this duplicitous dunce would tell him. One only need to briefly peruse the Wikileaks Cablegate Database to see how far from reality the official narrative is.

The Secy. Gen now fully understands etc and just what did Mr. Ban have to say ?

Nothing that I can see anywhere but there again he, like so many others, doesn't need to bother as the Thai govt will say it for him.

It would be nice if we could get Mr Moons reply .

Not quite sure it would be as rosy as the man with the angry eyebrows hopes.

'praise buddha, the spirit of my ancestors, that poor deluded clown has gone, now put me onto a proper clown, hello pyongjang'.

Ban Ki-Moon must have a sore tongue after biting it so hard to stop him laughing about what Prayut said.

The sad part is that all the crap Prayut spouted the poor deluded bugger believes it.

I don't think he believes it at all, but has to keep the narrative up lest all hell breaks loose. Why else resort to rigidly enforcing archaic laws, and punishing those who dare reveal the truth?

That said, he still occasionally lets slip with the true plan, like last month when he said he couldn't answer "whether" there would be an election—not 'when,' but whether—after the referendum "sails through"...

“But I cannot give the answer if you ask me whether there will be an election or not after the draft charter sails through the referendum because we have not reached that point yet,”

He would claim he is preventing a civil war ...that the reds are plotting murders and mayhem .

He would falsify stories that his intelligence agencies have on these red terrors trying to open anti fraud shops.

The general would insist he represents the finest and traditional owners of the land and Regal concerns.

I doubt Mr Moon would get much of a say .

The ramblings would go on for some time.

I imagine his briefings would be detailed and he simply decided to hear him out.

Then have his say on lack of freedoms.

It's disgusting sanctions haven't been applied as yet.

But I imagine its because they think the oppression would only worsen.?

However at some point the UN must make it simple and clear .

You can't lock up people for being against a referendum that's being presented by a military state .

It's a basic freedom to say ""vote no""

When you not only rule by gun.

Oppress the populace in a climate of fear .

And outlaw voices

There are no longer diplomatic solutions.

I suspect the call with Mr Moon is buying time.

But this time is shorting .

Like a book we are arriving at a juicer part of the plot with a direction that shows slowly the characters and players and the course where their paths will clash

Edited by Plutojames88

Ban Ki Moon made it quite clear in his response to the conversation he had with the PM that he fully supports the transition to a democracy (just as he did with the General in Fiji a few years ago) and followed on by saying he "that an open and inclusive debate would be essential to ensuring the legitimacy of the constitution and achieving national unity"

Essentially he is not supporting nor disapproving of the Junta and again like Fiji that successfully transitioned to democracy (where the general was voted in as the elected PM) he will patiently wait this transition knowing that if it was rushed (lets have an election and find out? now now now now) it will only see Thailand witness another coup due to an elected govt abusing democracy.

Well done Ki Moon. You have seen this before, you waited and you witness the smooth transition from Junta to democracy. Knowing that patience is the path to democracy as opposed to rushing it so the next govt can resume their undemocratic ways to steal from the majority is why you are the Secretary General of the UN and not Zmurf.

After hearing the speech Mr Moon said. "Is there anyone else there we can talk to?" And the general said. "No. Now go away before I taunt you a second time!"

I love it when people make up porky pies up when the truth does not suit their agenda. It is reminiscent of the UDD.

Response by Mr Ki Moon below.

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=54274&Cr=thailand&Cr1=#.V2iO_Vd0VE5

Ban Ki Moon made it quite clear in his response to the conversation he had with the PM that he fully supports the transition to a democracy (just as he did with the General in Fiji a few years ago) and followed on by saying he "that an open and inclusive debate would be essential to ensuring the legitimacy of the constitution and achieving national unity"

Essentially he is not supporting nor disapproving of the Junta and again like Fiji that successfully transitioned to democracy (where the general was voted in as the elected PM) he will patiently wait this transition knowing that if it was rushed (lets have an election and find out? now now now now) it will only see Thailand witness another coup due to an elected govt abusing democracy.

Well done Ki Moon. You have seen this before, you waited and you witness the smooth transition from Junta to democracy. Knowing that patience is the path to democracy as opposed to rushing it so the next govt can resume their undemocratic ways to steal from the majority is why you are the Secretary General of the UN and not Zmurf.

"Referring to reports about restrictions on the freedoms of expression, opinion and assembly ahead of the 7 August referendum on the draft Constitution, the Secretary-General stressed that an open and inclusive debate would be essential to ensuring the legitimacy of the constitution and achieving national unity" according to the statement.

"Open and Inclusive debate" DJJamie has trouble with comprehension? (don't answer that)

After hearing the speech Mr Moon said. "Is there anyone else there we can talk to?" And the general said. "No. Now go away before I taunt you a second time!"

I love it when people make up porky pies up when the truth does not suit their agenda. It is reminiscent of the UDD.

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=54274&Cr=thailand&Cr1=#.V2iO_Vd0VE5

Do you comprehend this statement?

It's a very clear condition.

Like "" must take off shoes"" before entering house in some Japanese Eatery

This thug needs to transcend the army way and understand this directive.."

Oppression and then referendum ...won't cut.

You seem like the general to not take on board this very clear distinction between legit voting and fraud.

Open discourse must be allowed.

This was the complaint .

And Mr Moon seems to be upholding that viewpoint.

You have a paper tiger win in your mind only .

The reds won that round clearly.

Gone are the days of the junta apologists. It would be impossible defend such a lie: "the current government has been working without suppressing people’s wishes to share their opinions." Threatening jail time for discussing the referendum is not suppression ?

More than a bit rich coming from you : the universally acknowledged, undisputed TV king of the porkies.

Gone are the days of the junta apologists. It would be impossible defend such a lie: "the current government has been working without suppressing people’s wishes to share their opinions." Threatening jail time for discussing the referendum is not suppression ?

DJJamie is still there proudly exclaiming the Emperor's refinery!

post-233765-0-78371200-1466472136_thumb.

“The Secretary-General reaffirmed the UN’s readiness to support Thailand during this critical juncture to facilitate a swift return to democracy,” said astatement released by Mr. Ban’s spokesperson.

Referring to reports about restrictions on the freedoms of expression, opinion and assembly ahead of the 7 August referendum on the draft Constitution, the Secretary-General stressed that an open and inclusive debate would be essential to ensuring the legitimacy of the constitution and achieving national unity, according to the statement.

I think it's safe to say that the vast majority of posters here "support Thailand during this critical juncture to facilitate a swift return to democracy,” however, only a minority actually support the junta, and even fewer believe the junta is actually intending to return Thailand to democracy.

While some, like djjamie, might see the repeated broken pledges, delaying tactics, suppression of free speech and any discussion of the referendum or constitution itself, the arbitrary detentions and attitude adjustment sessions, and the faux pas of not even being able to answer if there will even be an election as a careful approach, others can see it for what it really is.

I suspect that the Secretary-General, being a supreme diplomat, speaking diplomatically to Prayuth—rather than censuring him as deserved—was far from an endorsement of some fantastical 'slowly slowly' approach, but more of a pull your head in and get on with it properly.

Beyond parody, if he believes what he says, then utterly naive!

Jamie believes everything the good General says.

He appears not to have read or understood the UN statement he quoted.The secretary general made it clear that any constitution which was not fully and freely debated would not have legitimacy.

In diplomatic speak this is a sharp slap in the face - given all discussion on the matter in Thailand is the subject of threats and intimidation on the part of the military rulers.