Soros warns of Brexit threat to pound and jobs

webfact

EU referendum: Soros warns of Brexit threat to pound and jobs

LONDON: -- Legendary investor George Soros has warned of "serious consequences" for British jobs and finances if the country leaves the EU.

Writing in the Guardian, he said sterling would "decline precipitously" if the Leave camp wins Thursday's vote.

He made a fortune betting against the pound on Black Wednesday in 1992, when Britain left the ERM, and said Brexit would cause even bigger disruption.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/business-36582026

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2016-06-21

^^ and there was me beginning to think brexiters werent all totally stupid,, just goes to show how wrong you can be.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Please elaborate, I'm always happy to accept valid criticism in the search for the ever elusive truth.

Edit - on the other hand, I assume posters that rely on saying that others are stupid, is proof that they will use any insults necessary to 'support' their argument.

Edited by dick dasterdly

Soros is short GBP.USD and has been for a long time.

Personally, I think the UK will vote with its heart rather than wallet.

I predict Brexit, and am also short GBP.USD, a losing position so far.

I think most Brits want their democracy back.

As an old geyser, I would vote Brexit, because I don't want Eurocrats dictating issues for which at least 4 million British lives were lost in 2 or (3?) world wars.

Short term pain for long term gain: the 100 years war in the 14th century, the 7 years war from 1751 (the year of victories) the 1st World War and the 2nd World War, prove that we will gird unto the task.

I hate making this post, but I believe that the UK is an independent nation, and the EU has undermined our sovereignty. We need accountable politics,

I am Swiss and British dual citizen.

I am not allowed to vote, but on this issue I feel I have to pin my colours to the flag!

^^ and there was me beginning to think brexiters werent all totally stupid,, just goes to show how wrong you can be.

Please elaborate, I'm always happy to accept valid criticism in the search for the ever elusive truth.

Edit - on the other hand, I assume posters that rely on saying that others are stupid, is proof that they will use any insults necessary to 'support' their argument.

Jeez,, work it out. What he says is about right and will send us into a really really scary opened recession If you can't sit down and work that out rather than just come out with mundane platitudes ,, than stupid applies and is accurate.

Edited by rijit

Yes the fear campaign is rolling out all the big money boys now claiming the good of UK but only interested in their own bottom line.

Seems though with the shameless use of that poor girls murder the tables are turning back to remain.

Jeez brexiters ain't really worked jack shit out just hiding behind its just a 'fear campaign 'it ain't individuals bottom line its everybody's. Dont suppose it'll affect the ' big hitters' one way or the other they'll have money and it'll be the small person that'll be effected when there a run on the currency job losses and supermarket prices zoom up cos all our favourable trading deals are void..

Edited by rijit

Soros recently came out of retirement to start trading again because he no doubt saw the prospect of Brexit increasing. Ideologically he is at the forefront of the internationalists wanting one world government who no doubt bet on it.

Although I am pro-Brexit, it will be silly to stay on the sidelines.

I will soon be shorting GBP/USD and taking a long position XAU.

So your for leaving and know that the.£s gonna take a hammering and.the economies ie jobs are people are gonna suffer,, there's a.word.for you some thing like arse and ends with hole

Although I am pro-Brexit, it will be silly to stay on the sidelines.

I will soon be shorting GBP/USD and taking a long position XAU.

So your for leaving and know that the.£s gonna take a hammering and.the economies ie jobs are people are gonna suffer,, there's a.word.for you some thing like arse and ends with hole

Clowns like you should join the circus.

Get a life

Soros recently came out of retirement to start trading again because he no doubt saw the prospect of Brexit increasing. Ideologically he is at the forefront of the internationalists wanting one world government who no doubt bet on it.

Brexit is a storm in a glass of water , Soros knows the bigger problems with the banks and the derivative bomb.

But he's on the propaganda mill:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-20/big-guns-are-out-soros-rothschild-warn-brexit-doom-osborne-threatens-suspending-mark

Yes, Black Wednesday made it clear that Soros is interested in the well-being of the UK - certainly not his own financial interests.

That's exactly what he wants you to think that.

Remember well his Thai activities.

The euro is too big for him, even if he would leverage it with his billions.

The pound as an smaller currency, it's better suited.

Yep you guys Brexit, the pound will suffer and the euro will gain, too bad for you if you live in Thailand.

Whichever way it goes I have my Thai baht for 2016 sitting in the bank.(Well I am rather spending it, just bought a Honda Wave 110cc today for 43k baht)

Edited by tartempion

So a lightly veil threat that what happened to the Thai Baht in 1997 may happen to the Brit Pound if a yes vote for Brexit happens. What I crock. A 'Yes' vote on Brexit means naught. The whole issue allows TPTB to fear monger and scare the masses silly. And of course, the masses need to be scared because at the moment most are sleeping sheep. coffee1.gif

Brexit is a storm in a glass of water , Soros knows the bigger problems with the banks and the derivative bomb.

But he's on the propaganda mill:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-20/big-guns-are-out-soros-rothschild-warn-brexit-doom-osborne-threatens-suspending-mark

Soros made $1.5 billion out of the British people on black Wednesday, if I were running the Brexit campaign I would point out what a big payback voting out would be. Indeed the UK is lucky to benefit from the humanitarian concern of several billionaires, and the politicians they have bought.

Yep you guys Brexit, the pound will suffer and the euro will gain, too bad for you if you live in Thailand.

Whichever way it goes I have my Thai baht for 2016 sitting in the bank.(Well I am rather spending it, just bought a Honda Wave 110cc today for 43k baht)

If the Euro gains, German exports become more expensive.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

Explain then why the pound sterling has strengthened against the U.S,dollar of late.

Soros as an oracle is not as infallible as he thinks,

Nose out Soros

I think Soros has today made his money.

The largest currency jump in 8 years.

Explain then why the pound sterling has strengthened against the U.S,dollar of late.

Nose out Soros

Sterling has been particularly strengthening the last few days because the markets are viewing the risk of BREXIT lessening. What Soros has said in effect is that if BREXIT succeeds (ie reverses the present trend) then the pound will go in reverse big time. Traders can be both betting sterling up right now and at the same time hedging against a reversal. Many expats on Thailand reliant on sterling pension income do not however have a hedge against such moves and will in effect suffer in real terms (even if not nominal).

Edited by SheungWan

Nose out Soros

Sterling has been particularly strengthening the last few days because the markets are viewing the risk of BREXIT lessening. What Soros has said in effect is that if BREXIT succeeds (ie reverses the present trend) then the pound will go in reverse big time. Traders can be both betting sterling up right now and at the same time hedging against a reversal. Many expats on Thailand reliant on sterling pension income do not however have a hedge against such moves and will in effect suffer in real terms (even if not nominal).

Correct.

If you want to do yourself a favor (and want Soros harm a little bit) you exchange your pounds tomorrow.

With a remind the smoke is over in 3-4 days anyway.

Few so clearly represent what is wrong with the western world than this piece of garbage. Soros does not suck because he makes money; he sucks because he destroys lives, causes untold damage and death around the world with his color revolutions, and acts out with his wealth his mental pathology on the masses. Soros and his open society tides foundations covers act out violence all around the world, and many people and governments are on to him.

Soros, and now Rothchild coming out at the last hour, actually puts fresh faces to the EU Frankenstein the UK is fighting. There is a reason numerous news pieces lately report that billionaire bunkers are being built around the world.

Vote Leave, get the [rhetorical] pitchforks and torches, meet in the town common, then march to baron von soros' castle!

Its these misanthropes who act out their disease upon the EU, the world, and now the US openly.