Why do Thais chose to study in an English language course instead of self teaching online?

I would guess that the future of most learning will be taped lectures by the best professors.. but for English language, I am sure having a teacher handy who is versed in correct pronunciation is very helpful.

The sounds for them are difficult and they cannot always distinguish whether or not they are speaking correctly. Same as Farang trying to speak Thai.

I may be wrong but in your title is chose the correct word for that sentence or is it choose?

If I were saying the sentence out loud I would say choose, but it's one of them words. But I suppose choose is present tense and chose is past?? I'm a native English speaker from England so I'm probably wrong tbf.

And sorry for going off the subject, it just stuck out for me and got me confused.

I may be wrong but in your title is chose the correct word for that sentence or is it choose?

If I were saying the sentence out loud I would say choose, but it's one of them words. But I suppose choose is present tense and chose is past?? I'm a native English speaker from England so I'm probably wrong tbf.

And sorry for going off the subject, it just stuck out for me and got me confused.

It should be choose as it is an option. Chose defines what what selected

When you self-teach, you both have to design the curriculum and then learn it.

It is difficult enough to do the learning alone - to design the curriculum as well is too much for most. Those who can manage both are admirable indeed and will probably enjoy great success in their studies as they won't be dependent on paying tuition to learn from some second-rate school.

My girlfriend learned English from a text book, and interaction with tourists while working in Bangkok. She is still learning and I'm correcting her pronunciation, but it's also entertaining and endearing to hear her attempts. But 10 out of 10 for effort.

Question: Is there a total immersion centre for English learning anywhere in Thailand? I once knew someone who regularly stayed at a place in Spain where Spanish people could practice their learning in an environment where there were no Spanish speakers available to help them out.

I wonder if this would be something that would be helpful to thai's, if it doesn't already exist!

I should imagine that the main problem is going to be that all these courses on English on the net are going to be written in English on the net, not Thai, so they wouldn't be able to find them in the first place lol

"If I were saying the sentence out loud I would say choose, but it's one of them words."

One of what words? The only choice is "choose." If you chose "chose," you chose incorrectly.

"If I were saying the sentence out loud I would say choose, but it's one of them words."

One of what words? The only choice is "choose." If you chose "chose," you chose incorrectly.

I did say I was just a little confused lol. I'm from the West Country , Bristle. Gis I a break me babber.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. "but it's one of them words."

I would have said, one of those words.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. "but it's one of them words."

I would have said, one of those words.

Not wer's I comes from look. Tbh I think it be best if them Thais gets taught by them Americans, Australians or watevers like.

Thai's are social beings. Farangs often enjoy being alone. I like empty beaches, my Thai wife likes beaches full of people. I like looking at a landscape, she prefers a busy street. That's your reason..

I would think for the same reasons people sign up for going to the gym when there is endless home exercise equipment.

I think it has a lot to do with self discipline. If you sign up for something and pay for it, and have a regular time you must go, you tend to go. But if you leave it up to you, on a home study course, and study at your own free time and pace, you never get their.

I also think that by practice speaking what you learn you gain more confidence. I once knew a person who could read English perfectly, and understand the meaning, but could hardly speak a word. Go Figure?

I would think for the same reasons people sign up for going to the gym when there is endless home exercise equipment.

I think it has a lot to do with self discipline. If you sign up for something and pay for it, and have a regular time you must go, you tend to go. But if you leave it up to you, on a home study course, and study at your own free time and pace, you never get their.

I also think that by practice speaking what you learn you gain more confidence. I once knew a person who could read English perfectly, and understand the meaning, but could hardly speak a word. Go Figure?

It's the same with me and French; I learned it at school/Uni till I was 21; now I can read/write anything in French but lack the confidence to speak it. My (then) farang wife's French was excruciating but she blathered away without a care and we always got what she asked for.

Archived