i'm looking for a new gas cooktop since my old one has died.

i looked in homepro and i like a siemens 3 burner for 7100 baht BUT the gas feed system to the burner is a single pipe, about 1cm diameter in the center.

the salesman keeps steering me to some teka and something else brand that has 3 or 4 small jets per burner which he claims is better, i think he means stronger flame and more controllable.

maybe he's right but obviously no way to test it in the shop.

i prefer the siemens and its a great price but don't want a shitty gas top. any suggestions?

I bought a two burner and a three burner Siemens HOB in Buriram in 2008. They have both been dependable. The local Siemens dealer Buriram Supply did one warranty repair and the Siemens technical team from Bangkok did another repair after a slight delay. I'd buy this brand again. I also bought a three burner Teka for a smaller village house in 2015. It has been working fine but is not used as often as the Siemens in a different Buriram home. I am familiar with Teka service from Roiet and Teka warranty repair service technicians located in Bangkok who will come to Buriram in the same week as requested. I would buy Teka again, Either brand is a quality German brand with some products made in the PRC and other products made in the EU.

We have a Teka Linea (all black) with one standard burner and one infrared burner (6 small clustered around one larger one), and pleased with the performance & quality for the price. I cannot remember the price, but it was at Global House and just a bit more expensive than the other comparable models.

The Infrared side is very hot and easily heats a large vat of oil for deep fried foods, and both sides do a good job with all sorts of other duties and have good contriol over the flame. It also features a sealed cabinet below the burners which prevents insects and vermin from entering and destroying things, with glass top making clean up very quick and easy

Cheers!

ps: the infrared burner took a couple of minutes to light the center burner on the first use but once it lit once, we have had no issues...

Edited by Wanderer555

I have had a Schott Glass Cooktop for 10 years now and has been trouble free. All I had to do is change the battery on the igniter. Very heavy duty burners. I would recommend to anyone looking for new stove top.

actually, i called the Franke service center and they came and fixed my current one for 500 baht. all it took was removing the jets and clearing the holes with a pin, then blowing out the crap in the gas feed pipes. next time, i'll know how to do it myself.