UK goes to polls in EU referendum

webfact

UK goes to polls in EU referendum

LONDON: -- The UK is set to go to the polls in a historic referendum on whether the country should remain a member of the European Union or leave.

Polling stations are open between 07:00 BST and 22:00 BST.

An estimated 46,499,537 people are entitled to take part in the vote - a record number for a UK poll.

It is only the third nationwide referendum in UK history and comes after a four-month battle for votes between the Leave and Remain campaigns.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36602702

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2016-06-23

Britain waits to see what the future holds on Referendum Day

606x340_336424.jpg?1466631458

LONDON: -- It is June 23 2016 and it is decision day. Will the UK public vote to stay in the European Union or leave in today’s defining referendum.

Opinion polls keep swinging backwards and forwards between the two camps.

Late on Wednesday, as the campaign’s last televised debate unfolded, a poll by ComRes for the Daily Mail and ITV News put the Remain vote on 48 percent, to 42 percent for Leave with 11 percent undecided.

A YouGov study for the Times had the pro-EU camp ahead 51 percent to 49 percent, after excluding voters who haven’t made up their minds.

But earlier on Wednesday, two online surveys found the Leave campaign ahead by one or two percentage points.

Either way, some voters are preparing themselves by rushing to swap their pounds for euros and US dollars. The fear is sterling will slump if there is a vote to leave.

UBSBank employee Mark said:
“I presume a lot of people are betting against what’s going to happen tomorrow. So obviously they’re doing a good business in there, I expect, so it’s good for them, but we have to wait and see what happens.”

Although banks are usually busy at this time of year with holiday makers travelling abroad the UK Post Office online service said currency sales were up 74% on last year.

Trevor Samuel, Manager at Thomas Exchange Global agreed that demand was unusually high at the moment.

“My feeling is it’s to do with the referendum as well. People are getting worried about sterling getting weaker. So I think there is a bit of panic buying along with the normal British holidaymakers as well.”

Experts have observed the pound rate has infact fluctuated over the last few weeks along with the opinion polls. Tourists visiting the capital say they feel privileged to be in the country at such a crucial moment in the future of Britain.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-06-23

Time will tell but with Farage on the Brexit team it sure holds them back. Truth is this is probably the most important event in many Britons lives. I just hope people turn out and vote. We are all sick of the rhetoric.

Farage is a known entity, so either agree with his right-wing opinion or not. Cameron, on the other hand, changes his opinion according to various factors involving his own personal standing.

The real fear is that Boris may become PM - but I doubt that will happen.

Edited by dick dasterdly

Thank god for that! We can finally/eventually see the consequences of either result, instead of hearing numerous vested opinions.

Hmmm- something that may take place on, lets just say, a Forum?

Can't imagine how 'hahahaha' could spittle out of someone's mind regarding such a profound vote. It'll be a hard day after no matter how UK votes.

If the vote is LEAVE you can expect the EU and it's UK water carriers to double down with their debasement of UK and Europe.

If the vote is remain you can expect the EU and it's UK water carriers to double down with their debasement of UK and Europe.

As you have previously shown you are completely ignorant of the difference between the EU, EEA and EFTA, your various comments on the EU, whilst amusing, have zero relevance in the real world.

2_election_campaign_signs_printing_61456

Hahahahaha, the bookies put their money on STAY, so dump your sign board

Nice to see someone who trusts a bookie! Maybe I'm right. Maybe I'm wrong. Time will tell before I 'dump' my board..

ABC Australia website did a piece today as people were voting: of those interviewed one said he voted remain because "I am French" and another the same because he is of Belgian heritage. Seems odd to me that they would presume to vote at all given that perspective: they must now be UK citizens.

As you have previously shown you are completely ignorant of the difference between the EU, EEA and EFTA, your various comments on the EU, whilst amusing, have zero relevance in the real world.

Internet forums are not the real world though are they

Can't imagine how 'hahahaha' could spittle out of someone's mind regarding such a profound vote. It'll be a hard day after no matter how UK votes.

If the vote is LEAVE you can expect the EU and it's UK water carriers to double down with their debasement of UK and Europe.

If the vote is remain you can expect the EU and it's UK water carriers to double down with their debasement of UK and Europe.

Ok. I am dazzled.

Edited by arjunadawn

The fear, the wish to get better things, the wish that someone understands what I, Me myself, want!

I don't like how EU is managed at the moment. I don't like many of silly policies what EU provides for all of us to follow.

However I still wish to improve the system, we all have been creating for the past decades. EU is not what it could be, but instead of running away, we can and will make it better. The way that it services our all interests the best way we wish.

Hahahaha I think that laugh is on you, so go and find a hole to crawl into and laugh now!!

well, I pity you. You will wake up definetely latest when you get your UK pension.

Don't think the good times will come......

For every screw you want to sell into EU you have to follow EU rules. But I forgot you will have the freedom now not to sell.

And your so famous LAMB.....Ask your farmers how much of their income came from EU....It is more than 1/3, in some areas 2/3.

But I forgot you will have the freedom to eat chicken now.

Anyway, do you think prices going up or down after your splendid decision?

Well you don't care. You are in Thailand.

Hahahaha I think that laugh is on you, so go and find a hole to crawl into and laugh now!!

well, I pity you. You will wake up definetely latest when you get your UK pension.

Don't think the good times will come......

For every screw you want to sell into EU you have to follow EU rules. But I forgot you will have the freedom now not to sell.

And your so famous LAMB.....Ask your farmers how much of their income came from EU....It is more than 1/3, in some areas 2/3.

But I forgot you will have the freedom to eat chicken now.

Anyway, do you think prices going up or down after your splendid decision?

Well you don't care. You are in Thailand.

Ooooh such sour grapes ! The UK is a democracy, so your side lost, tough ! Better luck next time, oops I forgot the powers that be in Brussels said there will never be another chance.