How useful is Thailand postal system.

Berty100

Short answer : Completely useless.

Long answer : On June 7 I have to make a return shipment to Australia, in order to receive a refund from Paypal.

I therefore use the registered mail service from Thailand post, because Paypal requires that the shipment is trackable.

On the Thailand post tracking page the item shows as in transit since June 8. When there is no update yet on June 14 I contact Australia post by email.

They are very helpful and inform that, Australia post doesn't scan registered mail from international destinations, so those items are not trackable on their website. They perform an investigation and inform the package hasn't arrived in Australia yet.

Since Paypal a few days later closes my claim because there is invalid tracking, I contact Australian post again, with the question if they can keep hold on the package once it arrives.

They answer that this only can be done by Thailand post inquiry. In short they have to start an investigation.

I call the tracking service from Thailand post and of course they claim that this is CANOT. After much talking in which I explain that this is an international law and that Australia post has informed me about this, I almost beg them to please start the inquiry. Again I get the answer that this CANOT and they put my line on hold indefinitely.

In the mean time I get the dedicated form, issued by Thailand post, elsewhere.

In the mean time Australia post informs me that the package get accepted in their system. On June 20 they inform me that the package arrived in Australia on June 16 and delivered on June 20. They send me a proof of delivery, with signature of the recipient.

The tracking page from Thailand post however isn't updated today June 23, and Paypal request that I show an online tracking that proofs it is delivered.

I contact Australia post and ask if they can inform Thailand post to update the tracking, but they tell me this is the task of Thailand post, and I should ask them to open an inquiry in the delivery.

So again I call Thailand post tracking today, and inform them about my information, and ask them to update their tracking page.

Of course, according to them, the fault is Australia post. I tell them that I paid for a trackable shipment to Thailand post, not Australia post, so they should give me the service I paid for.

I also inform them that they can start an inquiry with Australia post in this, so that the tracking page can be updated, and I finally can recover my moneys from Paypal.

Again they start to argument that it is the fault of Australia post, and they CANOT do anything, so I tell them to do their job.

The last I heard from the lady was, so you want us to start an inquiry, after which my line was put on hold indefinitely again.

So to conclude the long answer : See short answer

Edited by Berty100

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can understand why Thai post does not wish to get involved with Australia Post. AP is one of the most useless, inefficient excuses for a service I have ever encountered. Numerous problems with AP over the years all of which they deny as their fault, but once the item is in their system who else can be at fault? Try 10 days to deliver a parcel from one side of Perth to the other.

The classic though was my daughter went to mail me a passcode generator that had to be activated within 30 days, no problem just send airmail, AP convinces her to send it as parcel express. Three weeks later it has not arrived and AP is not answering questions so I contact the vendor and tell them AP has lost it and to cancel the device, I contact AP and say cancel the delivery and refund. Two days later the delivery turns up and the building manager signs for it, tracking shows that it arrived in Thailand the day before. AP say to bad has been delivered, so I inform the building manager delivery is rejected, write this in large red type on the package and he hands back to the courier next time they visit. All of a sudden AP are sending me emails about how it was the fault of the Thai end, well how come tracking shows it arriving in Thailand after delivery was cancelled, it was in transit, OK how come tracking never shows it actually leaving Australia, you do not understand, BS all of it. They refunded the cost of the courier though.

Then there was the important legal documents I sent with tracking. The tracking showed AP delivered it to two different addresses on two different days, once again you do not understand our system, really.

Just inform Paypal that it is the fault of AP and they may understand. Or try raising it with the Ombudsman's office, good luck with that though as they mirror their performance on AP's.

Cheers

Australia post have been very helpful and efficient in this case.

They clearly write on their website that International registered mail is not scanned and NOT trackable on their website.

However they have gone out of their way to trace the package and keep me updated through email.

I paid to Thailand post, so Australia post is not MY problem, it is Thailand posts problem. I pay for a trackable shipment to Thailand post, so they should provide me the service for which I paid.

But the only answer you get from them is CANOT, because they are too lazy to do their job, because the forms to start the inquiry are readily available in the Thai postal system.

CANOT is much easier of course.

As with most things in life experiences vary and one persons issue does not make an entire countries postal system "useless". It just means that you were not a satisfied customer.

I have been using them daily for over 10 years and have had very few and very minor issues with the service provided.

In fact, they are far more helpful in resolving any issues than the Royal Mail in the Uk ever were. (in my experience).

Seems your "issue" is with the "electronic tracking service" not the actual postal service as they accepted your parcel and sent it to Australia as required.

They did the job you asked/paid them for, very well and in a timely fashion it would seem. You are just not happy at the availability of tracking information available when required.

Hardly make the entire Thailand postal service "useless" does it.

May be I formulated it wrong, and it isn't Thailand post that is useless, it seems to be the employees that operate the call center in Bangkok.

An inquiry is a normal procedure, but continuously saying that it isn't available, doesn't really shows of efficiency or helpfulness.

Edited by Berty100

Over the past few years have sent over two thousand parcels to worldwide destinations.....some tracked others by regular mail.

99% of these were successfully delivered. Where there was occasionally a problem it was nearly always at the recipients end. Concur with the other poster regarding problems with the Australian postal service. Not impressive at all.

Over the past few years have sent over two thousand parcels to worldwide destinations.....some tracked others by regular mail.

99% of these were successfully delivered. Where there was occasionally a problem it was nearly always at the recipients end. Concur with the other poster regarding problems with the Australian postal service. Not impressive at all.

My issue is not with the delivery, it was delivered, but the fact that Thailand post fails to update the tracking service for which I paid and refuse to start the needed inquiry to get it updated.

Surely the problem lies with Aussie post and not Thai?

If you send the item tracked from Thailand it should show it leaving Thai customs, the fact that Aussie post doesn't track it seems where the problem lies.

If they don't scan or track, how on earth can they tell it has or hasn't arrived?

Mostly, the Thai postal system is pretty good. It's when things get outside the country that they go wrong.

How much do you pay for a first-class letter anywhere inside your own country? In Thailand it's still 3 baht (I think). Letters rarely go astray.

EMS gives an excellent one or two day guaranteed service from 32 baht, anywhere in Thailand. I've used this many times, with 100% delivery success.

No problems. Both local and international deliveries traceable and on time.

And moreover, regular mail local bills all arrive promptly wai2.gif

Edited by KKr

Looks like you started another thread just to bash Thailand Post.

Like many have said, Thailand Post tracked your package properly. It showed as in transit. The updating is really not the fault of Thailand Post, the lady couldn't' be of more help because she is looking at the exact same tracking system as you are.

It could very well be the fault of the Aussie Post where the delivery man may not have scanned the packaged when he dropped it off, hence is still shows as in transit when in fact it is delivered like you said. That is the only place where you can put the blame.

Overall I had good experience with using Thai Post for local shipments and EMS for overseas.

My issue is not with the delivery, it was delivered, but the fact that Thailand post fails to update the tracking service for which I paid and refuse to start the needed inquiry to get it updated.

Was the tracking update to the point of exit from Thailand ?

If yes then Thai post has done there job, They dont run the postal system in Australia so why would they update tracking once it has left Thailand ?

Next time send it EMS.

I have never sent mail to Australia but I regularly send mail to the UK using Thai track and trace and you can never track it on the Thai post website once it leaves Thailand but once it reaches the UK it is track able on the Royal Mail website and once it has been delivered it shows up on the Thai Mail website. I would suggest that the problem is with Australian post as their is something called the Global postal Union to which most countries belong and Australia is not meeting its responsibilities under this organisation

If it is so important to you, get off your arse ,go to the actual post office from where you sent your non lost parcel & politely

explain to them (get a translator if cannot speak Thai) why the tracking stuff is so important to you.

I have used Thai Post on many, many occasions over 20 years with little inconvenience.

Bloody sight better than Australian Post ever was or is

Paypal...

I see the main fault being with Paypal.

OP has got proof of delivery of the package - what more is needed?

Paypal has the worst policies and the worst staff, their service is just crap for anything non-US international

I've been using Thailand Post regular, both domestic and Internationally, and have only experienced excellent service – also receiving many items and goods from abroad – lastest sending some valuable items for an auction in Britain, with delivery right on time, and perfectly traceable.

smile.png

My experience...Efficient and Very Reasonable prices. Have had no problems both within Thailand as well as internationally. Of course, just like the US Postal System...that problem day is surely out there!

Like many have said, Thailand Post tracked your package properly. It showed as in transit. The updating is really not the fault of Thailand Post, the lady couldn't' be of more help because she is looking at the exact same tracking system as you are.

It could very well be the fault of the Aussie Post where the delivery man may not have scanned the packaged when he dropped it off, hence is still shows as in transit when in fact it is delivered like you said. That is the only place where you can put the blame.

Overall I had good experience with using Thai Post for local shipments and EMS for overseas.

I send a package using Thai post and pay extra for a it being registered, so it is their duty to deliver me proof of delivery.

I only engage Thai post, and all couriers between Thailand and the destination are not my problem, since they get engaged by Thai post and not me. So if Australia post doesn't scan their package, then that is not my problem, it is Thai post problem because they engaged them.

Australia post on the other side, went out of their way to deliver me the proof of delivery, yet that was not sufficient for Paypal,

post-249019-0-60532500-1466684820_thumb.post-249019-0-21295100-1466684828_thumb.post-249019-0-97987900-1466685178_thumb.post-249019-0-17081300-1466686340_thumb.

Edited by Berty100

I'm getting about 90% success rate with unregistered mail from China/Hong Kong and 100% registered from all over. For a 3rd world country that's not bad. The thing that sucks is the local office bundles everything, unregistered stuff may lay at the office for a couple of weeks until the postman bother to drop the load at our house.

Edited by DrTuner

I send a package using Thai post and pay extra for a it being registered, so it is their duty to deliver me proof of delivery.

I only engage Thai post, and all couriers between Thailand and the destination are not my problem, since they get engaged by Thai post and not me. So if Australia post doesn't scan their package, then that is not my problem, it is Thai post problem because they engaged them.

Australia post on the other side, went out of their way to deliver me the proof of delivery, yet that was not sufficient for Paypal,

attachicon.gifThailand post.PNGattachicon.gifThailand post 2.PNGattachicon.gifRR198607118TH.pdfattachicon.gifThailand post 3.PNGattachicon.gifaussie post.PNGattachicon.gifAussie post.docattachicon.gifAussie.PNG

Seems it is, contrary to what you say, your problem and not Thai Post problem.

I advise all posters here to read the OP again.

This is not about a delivery issue, since the package got delivered in a timely manner, but because Thailand post fails to provide me with proof of deliver. A service they agreed to provide when they charged me extra for it.

Edited by Berty100

Only sent one piece of mail to the U.S. - it made it, in about 7 days..

Receiving from the U.S., depends on how it's sent from the U.S.

Could take 3 days to 30 days to get your mail/ package..

Everything sent/received in Thailand, never a problem...

So, it's useful and reliable in my opinion..