Update on Samui Immigration requirements

The Medical certificate only from Nathon hospital?

I used to do it from International hospital in Bohput, cannot any more? My yearly extension for retirement will be in 2 weeks.

One more question with TM7 only one photo?

Edited by Tchooptip
  • Like 1

I used to do it from International hospital in Bohput, cannot any more? My yearly extension for retirement will be in 2 weeks.

Not sure, but on their requirements list, I think it actually mentions Nathon hospital by name.

I guess if your medical covers syphilis, TB, and Amphetamines usage, then they might accept it... the medical cert given by Nathon also listed us as clear of Elephantiasis, but no specific checks seem to have been done for this.

I have all my documents that I use at immigration ( copies of wedding certificate, ID cards, passports, etc ) scanned, placed in Dropbox and ready to be printed out anywhere in the world.

My wife's ID card is printed side-by-side in the top 1/3 of the A4.

My wife said "Thai people don't do this, they do them vertically and in the middle of the sheet", I said Thai people could go whistle.

Sure enough, they made a comment at immigration.

Priorities .. People can't wait for a red light at a junction and occasionally kill people in the process - and nothing happens but a photocopy that is checked and filed or binned has to be the correct orientation.

Edited by recom273

I did my 7th retirement extension in March in Phuket.

No medical certificate is or has ever been required doing so.

2 photos were required ( and a 3rd if I wanted a seperate Re-entry Permit )

The GPS record page was not required either.

I didnt have to do an Alien Personal Info Form either , but heard they were coming ...

I didnt have to do an Alien Personal Info Form either , but heard they were coming ...

Yes, but this is about SAMUI and there are variations from office to office.

Yes, but this is about SAMUI and there are variations from office to office.

At Samui Immigration..

Awesome!

• 3 weeks later...

So i guess you have make your extension now ??

Anything to say about it. How did it go ???

Thanxxxx

• 2 weeks later...

So i guess you have make your extension now ??

Anything to say about it. How did it go ???

Thanxxxx

No, my appointment was July the 10th Sunday, so I'v been to Nathon monday 11th, but it was not for the extension as I thought,

They gave me the list every one know so I will go for my extension the 25th maybe,about one week before she told me but no date ?

My extension ends the last day of July.

As far as the medical certificate is concerned, no mention of Nathon hospital at all, I will go to International hospital Bohput like last year, certainly not 735Baht like in OP but 250 Baht smile.png

attachicon.gifIMG_0188.jpg

any update on whether the medical from another hospital was accepted??

Well ...I went to Nathon yesterday but was incapable to complete the foreign national information form, I did not know by heart the telephone numbers of my emergency contacts details for one Thai and one foreign national, for the simple reason my "very old iPhone 6" does not works at all any more, at least the screen becomes completely mad sometimes, yes this "old iPhone" is little more than one year and unfortunately for the first time I had not take Apple Care, and was incapable till now to have it repaired in Samui. I reckon I felt a little stupid.

So I went to Nathon again this morning 11h30, I knew they close at 12h so came back a 13h they called me at 14h50 gave me back only my bank book, not my passport, telling me to keep the cardboard with my number and come back after tomorrow the 28th at 14h. That's all I can tell.

But it is not the first time they keep my passport a day or two for the yearly extension, here I am to day wai.gif

Edited by Tchooptip
  • Like 2

Well ...I went to Nathon yesterday but was incapable to complete the foreign national information form, I did not know by heart the telephone numbers of my emergency contacts details for one Thai and one foreign national, for the simple reason my "very old iPhone 6" does not works at all any more, at least the screen becomes completely mad sometimes, yes this "old iPhone" is little more than one year and unfortunately for the first time I had not take Apple Care, and was incapable till now to have it repaired in Samui. I reckon I felt a little stupid.

So I went to Nathon again this morning 11h30, I knew they close at 12h so came back a 13h they called me at 14h50 gave me back only my bank book, not my passport, telling me to keep the cardboard with my number and come back after tomorrow the 28th at 14h. That's all I can tell.

But it is not the first time they keep my passport a day or two for the yearly extension, here I am to day wai.gif

Thanx for that... So i guess your medical certificate from bophut have been accepted.

Come back 2 days after, how strange ???

Medical in previous years, i have never run into that... ?

I was told the other day that the medical will be necessary this year...

It's possible that Khun Thep, who signs the passport, yearly extensions was not in Nathon office , which may be why the delay.

As for Maenam office, opening it's still going to be a while.... a lot of construction to finish... this was a week ago.

untitled-8.jpg

• Like 1

Medical in previous years, i have never run into that... ?

I was told the other day that the medical will be necessary this year...

It's possible that Khun Thep, who signs the passport, yearly extensions was not in Nathon office , which may be why the delay.

As for Maenam office, opening it's still going to be a while.... a lot of construction to finish... this was a week ago.

Medical -what happens if ?

Say you have high blood pressure?

You have Syphilis?

You have TB?

You fail the urine test?

I am pleased to report I have none of them but there must be some action otherwise why insist on the medical?

Samui immigration has become more and more difficult. Nobody can explain what will happen if one fails the medical. Do they have doctors at the immigration office who can assess the problem and even refuse one an extension of stay based upon the examination results?

Or is it just another kickback system they put up together with the hospitals?

I know immigration is allowed to ask for additional information not mentioned in the rules, but this is becoming ridiculous. Taking X rays, blood tests and alike are intrusive measures in my opinion, and nobody knows why or even what will be done if one should fail.

Samui immigration has become more and more difficult. Nobody can explain what will happen if one fails the medical. Do they have doctors at the immigration office who can assess the problem and even refuse one an extension of stay based upon the examination results?

Or is it just another kickback system they put up together with the hospitals?

I know immigration is allowed to ask for additional information not mentioned in the rules, but this is becoming ridiculous. Taking X rays, blood tests and alike are intrusive measures in my opinion, and nobody knows why or even what will be done if one should fail.

I had my yearly extension for retirement yesterday in Nathon (I will detailed it in another answer for a particular reason )

"Nobody can explain what will happen if one fails the medical"

Please please Carib do not fall in one of the ThaiVisa problem that is to be afraid of something due to the dramatisation on most forum by some members when in fact there is no objectives reasons. I hope I will be able to reassure yousmile.png

For my medical certificate I went to the same hospital the years before that is to say "International Hospital" in Bohput in front of Tesco.

... but this year it was kind of a farce since I saw the doctor a little more than 30 seconds...yes maybe 50 seconds not more.

Of course I answered a nurse's questions before, Kind of:

Any allergies? : NO.

Medications you take? : NONE.

Any problem with your heart? : NO.

Diabetes? : NO

and so on I did not even see the form since the nurse wrote it. Only my tension was too high 160/? if so, many times a nurse would take it a second time, I did not even asked even so I knew relaxing 5 minutes it would have been under 14/9 , since I take it every single day and control it easily with my respiration. So on the form 160/ something

The nurse introduced me to a doctor who did not ask a single question, listened to my chest 20 seconds with his stethoscope, just signed the form telling in a whisper your tension a bit high without even looking at me...nothing . I paid 250฿ and in less than half an hour every thing was done.

The certificate was not even mentioned in Nathon.

It is not an old story , "not a friend of a friend was told by a friend" I went to this hospital in Bohput and this "certificaterolleyes.gif" poses no problem in Nathon

wai.gif

• Like 2