Bangkok cabbie done after putting hand on passenger's leg and suggesting sex

webfact

Bangkok cabbie done after putting hand on passenger's leg and suggesting sex

s1a.jpg
Image: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- A Bangkok taxi driver was banned after reaching back and putting his hand on a female passenger's leg on Wednesday.

And not just that - he suggested a trip to a short time hotel for sex with a little "ice" for fun, reported Thairath.

The passenger posted pictures of the encounter on her private Facebook page along with a description of events. Now the driver has been banned for six months, fined 5,000 baht and faces investigation for his drug activity.

Driver Somchai Simlee admitted everything when faced with the evidence by land department officials Thursday.

The woman in the back of his orange cab, number 5960 was going from Sukhumvit Soi 11 to On Nut Soi 46 in the early hours of the morning. As they neared the destination the driver reached round and put his hand on her leg and invited her to go to Soi Udom Suk in Bang Na for a sex romp with some amphetamines. She refused his advances saying she had taken picture to which he laughed saying he was unconcerned.

Officials found that his operating licence had expired. They fined Sahakorn Buan Taxi who operated the vehicle 1000 baht. Somchai was fined top whack of 5,000 baht for his actions and had his driving license suspended for six months.

Police are investigating him regarding the claim he had drugs on him.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-24

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creative. Prayuth can Be proud!

yes blame it all on Prayuth, not the previous elected governments who had tens of years to make changes

<removed>

Edited by CharlieH
Inflammatory remark removed

Yes, fines are out of whack. How about the guy with the hotel last week that forgot to register his guests with immigration; fined 66k! Touch someone up, beat them, rape or kill while intoxicated behind the wheel and look out for a massive fine in the low thousands. I'm sure he will think twice next time, not. There is little deterrent. How can things be so impossibly ass-backards here at times.

Six months ban for groping a passenger, unlicensed , drugs etc then it's back to work as normal?

Pity he didn't have an E cig in his gob when she took the pic.

At least he would have got 5 years!

And what makes you think that losing his license for 6 months will stop him from driving his taxi? An expired license seemed to be ignored by him already. The odds that he would be checked if he is legal to drive are almost null.

Six months ban for groping a passenger, unlicensed , drugs etc then it's back to work as normal?

And what makes you think that losing his license for 6 months will stop him from driving his taxi? An expired license seemed to be ignored by him already. The odds that he would be checked if he is legal to drive are almost null.

Lock him up or he will be back on the road in no time at all. Perhaps alrady!

They do the maths. How much can I earn from driving a taxi over two years or how many years is fairly irrelevant. What are the likelihoods of getting caught? How much will it cost me? Can you blame them?

As far back as I can remember, expats used to come to Thailand for the opportunities it represented regarding the unregulated freedoms to do business and other things which were difficult to do elsewhere. Are we now seeking to level the playing field? Is this not just more of the same?

He probably makes more money muling ice around in his cab than from dragging reluctant passengers from place to place.

Another story today describes a man "unclamping" his wheel illegally. The penalty? Three months in jail or a fine of up to 5000 baht or both, this guy gets a six month suspension? Maybe? Something odd about all this.

Cabbie fined 5,000 baht for touching a female passenger’s legs

2016-06-17_185543_xkmu-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A taxi driver was fined 5,000 baht and had his driving license suspended for six months by the Land Transport Department after he admitted he molested a female passenger, claiming that they knew each other.

The taxi operator was also fined 1,000 baht for the failure to submit a report about the backgrounds of the cabbie to the department.

The incident which occurred during the early hours of June 22 was captured by a smartphone and its photos was later posted in the social media prompting many comments critical of the behavior of the cabbie.

The incident also prompted the Land Transport Department and the police to investigate which eventually led to the police arrest of the taxi driver, identified as Somchai Simlee, 43.

Somchai told police that he was the cabbie shown in the photos. He said that he took the victim and her friend from Sukhukvit Soi 11 first to Soi Pattanakarn 25 and then to Soi Onnuj 46.

After dropping the victim’s friend, Somchai said he drove the victim to Soi Onnuj. While driving, he said they both chatted and he touched the woman’s legs twice because they had known each other before.

The cabbie also admitted that he was high on drug that night.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/169897-2/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-06-24

What was the 5000 Baht fine for? Making a proposal for sex? Touching a passenger? I didn't know that was illegal?

The fine must of been for the other violations.

The other pics she posted, show him looking forward driving, with his hand on her leg..

And she just takes pics?

I would hardly consider a 6 month loss of license and a 5000 Baht fine "done". The cabbie obviously doesn't care about a license and all he needs to do is sell a little 'ice' to get the 5K and he's on the road tomorrow.

D3030

Not into Thai bashing, just getting

Tired of the sick every day facts of

Life in LOS

You have my sympathy. If I was as seriously affected by the "sick" state of affairs in Thailand, as you seem to be, I would be on the next flight out to Utopia.

I trust you are not a prisoner of circumstances.

He wouldn't have got 5 years he is Thai and the laws are not the same for Thai's as they are for the rest of the people

Nice legs!

It seems the cabbie loves too much!

The world never had similar problems when women covered up more.

The old timers have said they would cherish when they could see a woman's ankles!

When you dress to turn men or women on, what do you expect?

Then post your a photo of your legs on line for the world to see.

All she had to do is grab his hand and say, " no, stop the taxi and let me out!"