Bali Hai Plaza ordered demolished for encroachment

Rimmer

• 3 months later...
On 6/25/2016 at 0:46 PM, Acharn said:

I've wondered about that for a long time. The courts issue orders and the owners of the buildings don't do anything. I know Thailand has some serious contempt of court law -- that's why newspapers almost never report on a case that is before the courts. I don't understand why private property owners can simply ignore the orders of the court. There was a department store in Bangkok that illegally modified its structure from the approved plans to add four stories. The BMA took them to court many times over a period of about twenty years and every time the court found the owner at fault and ordered him to remove the top four stories. He never did anything, was never fined, never charged with anything other than improperly modifying the building. Finally the damned thing collapsed, I think with loss of life. Still don't know if the owner has any liability (or the architect or operating engineer).

I met a chap once , who supplies steel for Thai building contracts.

He told me that he always supplies stronger steel than requested, knowing Thai developer's propensity to add a few floors to the original proposed design..

On 2/11/2559 at 11:15 PM, Basil B said:

OK, but my quote was 25/6/16, and things are now happening since the previous administration down at City Hall have been replaced...

FYI, Mr. Itthipol Khunpleom, ex mayor did sign the demolition order for Balihai plaza and Balihai bay hotel  since April. The order was published and posted to the hotel and the plaza since then. Pattaya City gave the owner 60 days period for demolition by themselves. After that in June, Pattaya City started to demolition. By the way the owner have to pay the bill for more than 1 million baht. This proved that the process was started before the current city council.

Referred to the boutique hotel case, the building which was adjusted without permission. Local media reported that two executive staffs in Building control division at Pattaya City were received a disciplinary punishment. Finally they were expelled. 

There are many complains in Building control division. 

source: http://www.manager.co.th/South/ViewNews.aspx?NewsID=9590000097289

On 25/06/2016 at 8:57 PM, Basil B said:

Nothing will happen...

They have been saying they will pull down those buildings built on public land on the west side of Walking Street for decades now... cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edit in...

Whooops. I forgot the army has taken control. gigglem.gif

What next? Walking St to get back its beach???

On 02/11/2016 at 11:15 PM, Basil B said:

OK, but my quote was 25/6/16, and things are now happening since the previous administration down at City Hall have been replaced...

2016_11_09_072308.png

On 6/24/2016 at 6:18 PM, OMGImInPattaya said:

Who wants to bet in a year it's still there?

These type of orders are only issued to increase the tea-money or to obtain the land to give to another favored developer.

Sorry,  gambling is illegal in Thailand. 

On 08/11/2016 at 0:16 PM, champa said:

FYI, Mr. Itthipol Khunpleom, ex mayor did sign the demolition order for Balihai plaza and Balihai bay hotel  since April. The order was published and posted to the hotel and the plaza since then. Pattaya City gave the owner 60 days period for demolition by themselves. After that in June, Pattaya City started to demolition. By the way the owner have to pay the bill for more than 1 million baht. This proved that the process was started before the current city council.

Referred to the boutique hotel case, the building which was adjusted without permission. Local media reported that two executive staffs in Building control division at Pattaya City were received a disciplinary punishment. Finally they were expelled. 

There are many complains in Building control division. 

source: http://www.manager.co.th/South/ViewNews.aspx?NewsID=9590000097289

Memories....