Wife registerering husband with immigration

I have head a story or two about when a foreigner is married to a Thai, then the Thai must report that the foreigner is staying with them.

Can anyone tell me more of this situation? I did hear that someone got a large fine for failing to do so.

If its correct, does anyone know the procedure, when it needs to be done, how often, etc....

Moved to here.

Your wife might be asked to complete a TM30 form ("Notification Form for House Master, Owner, or the Possessor of The Residence Where Aliens Have Stayed") if she has a house book for where you are living or her name is on the rental agreement for where you are living.

It depends upon the immigration office you go to and what you are doing there.

Fill in TM 30 form,copies of her blue book,ID card (back and front),copies of your

photo page,visa page and departure card,all signed. My wife did it today at Chiang

Mai,easy, she also registered to report tenants for her properties online.

regards worgeordie P.S.in Chiang Mai they require forms to be filled in with BLUE pen

I believe the max fine is 800 THB, but for example for me reporting (after I come back home after a Holiday) at our local Immigration Office costs me approx the same in Petrol (4 hour round trip), so I don't do it. And before someone says you can also report at your local Police Station, been there done that and they don't wanna know.

I believe the max fine is 800 THB, but for example for me reporting (after I come back home after a Holiday) at our local Immigration Office costs me approx the same in Petrol (4 hour round trip), so I don't do it. And before someone says you can also report at your local Police Station, been there done that and they don't wanna know.

funny, our police station does, and we are only 55 km from nakhon phanom immigration.

it clearly states on the tm30 that you are entitled to report to the police.

YES, i know, every one makes up their own rules...

in reference to an earlier post, the reporting entity - at our immigration office - needs nothing but an id card and her own blue book. it is in fact less troublesome to register your tm30 address as the one in your partners blue book than the one you are actually living at.

particularly if your renting - arrangements are 'cash only'.

ok this has again got me thinking should i be doing a tm 30

i have been doing my yearly extensions for 5 years now and have not completed this form

every year i redo my extension and supply my details same every year never changing also 90 day reports what are the facts

(i stay here on extensions for marriage to thai )

i have been doing my yearly extensions for 5 years now and have not completed this form

every year i redo my extension and supply my details same every year never changing also 90 day reports what are the facts

Officially, after you arrive from a 2 day holiday (example) some where back home, the house owner (where you are staying) has to go to Immigration (within (I believe) 24 hours) and the house owner has to report with form Tm.30 that you are staying at the residence.

Edited by MJCM

I have never done a TM30 for and my wife has never been asked for one. I am on my 8th extension of stay based upon marriage.

• Like 2

Officially, after you arrive from a 2 day holiday (example) some where back home, the house owner (where you are staying) has to go to Immigration (within (I believe) 24 hours) and the house owner has to report with form Tm.30 that you are staying at the residence.

and if i don't go on any holidays (ie always my address) ???

and if i don't go on any holidays (ie always my address) ???

In that case, the house owner only has to report once (after you have arrived) ! And that is it!

Edit: I am leaving (together with the wife) all the time, 2 day holiday there, 1 week Holiday there. We tried to report (local Police station) but couldn't, so I am not bothered about it anymore.

The next time I have to go to Immigration and Immigration tells my wife that she hasn't reported my stay, I will gladly pay the 800 THB (which is I believe the Max fine). But we tried to report.

Edited by MJCM

Why would anyone worry about other people's responsibilities?

What next, foreigners wanting to check their landlords are paying the correct amounts of income tax on their property rental?

Do you feel the need to check everyone around you has a driving licence, insurance and road tax?

Everyone should just worry about their own legal responsibilities.

Edited by MissAndry

Why would anyone worry about other people's responsibilities?

What next, foreigners wanting to check their landlords are paying the correct amounts of income tax on their property rental?

Do you feel the need to check everyone around you has a driving licence, insurance and road tax?

Everyone should just worry about their own legal responsibilities.

Seems the OP is worried about his wife's responsibilities - which is reasonable (IMHO).

You silly old moo.wink.png

• Like 1

Hi, I am new to this whole forum thong and not sure how to start a topic but I'll cut to the chase,

My Thai fiance and I wish to get married in Thailand....

First of all if I get married in Thailand is this recognised in the UK where I live?

Secondly, she is here on a visitors visa just now so the plan is to go to Thailand to get married then we can come back as a married couple but I understand there is other visas that have to be applied for for my fiance to come and live here permanently with me.

Any other advice is much appreciated and thanks in advance.

??

Hi, I am new to this whole forum thong and not sure how to start a topic but I'll cut to the chase,

My Thai fiance and I wish to get married in Thailand....

First of all if I get married in Thailand is this recognised in the UK where I live?

Secondly, she is here on a visitors visa just now so the plan is to go to Thailand to get married then we can come back as a married couple but I understand there is other visas that have to be applied for for my fiance to come and live here permanently with me.

Any other advice is much appreciated and thanks in advance.

??

You marriage will be recognized in the UK. Questions about getting married should be posted in the Marriage and divorce forum.

For a visa to the UK you should ask about it in the Visas and migration to other countries forum.

Police don't wanna know if it entails work without bribe.

Police don't wanna know if it entails work without bribe.
No money was asked, we handed the filled in TM.30 form, he looked at it, gave it back and just said "can't do, go immigration" Edited by MJCM

Reporting the first time you move somewhere makes sense, but after every absence returning to the SAME residence is nonsense. Why all of a sudden do their records of you having lived at said residence disappear if you leave for a short period? Doesn't make any sense.

If you report at all, you report ONCE and that's it. UNLESS you move again.

We're living in the 21st century, even Thai immigration has computers now. What's going on?

• Like 1

I have never done a TM30 for and my wife has never been asked for one. I am on my 8th extension of stay based upon marriage.

Likewise. But another local expat who lives only 1 km awaywho on the occasion of a 90 report had a challenge to his partner and initially a demand for several thousand Baht. Eventually paid the 800. My wife once tried to submit a TM30 to the local police station but nobody was inclined to accept it ! Never tried again.