Phuket surfboard renter charged with attempted murder for stabbing NZ man

snoop1130

Phuket surfboard renter charged with attempted murder for stabbing NZ man
Tanyaluk Sakoot

PHUKET: -- The surfboard rental operator wanted for stabbing Phuket expat Christopher George Smith from New Zealand at Kata Beach on Monday has been charged with attempted murder, police told The Phuket News today (June 24).

Mr Smith, 52, was stabbed in the back while walking on Kata Beach on Monday evening (June 20).

Witnesses told police they saw 29-year-old Kittichai Julkaew, who rented out surfboards at the beach, approach Mr Smith from behind and stab him in the back with a knife, before running off and fleeing on a motorbike.

“Kittichai surrendered himself at Karon Police Station yesterday morning (June 23),” said Lt Weerayuth Thansirisukworakul of the Karon Police.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-surfboard-renter-charged-with-attempted-murder-for-stabbing-nz-man-58012.php#yW4R4EmLteVOzAHx.97

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-06-24

Thanks heaven that I have no need to do a business in this country.

Best wishes for the victim.

There are two things I would never do n respect to Thailand. One is start or be associated with a business here and the second is hire Thai's to work for me (have in the past and was very disappointed with their attitude towards work).

Some will criticize me for the above but that is my choice

Foreigner stabbed in the back by a Thai ... never!

Yeah, it is unbelievable that he stabbed him while being alone instead of first getting 10 other Thais to help him stab the guy in the back.

Well it was from the back so I guess that must be equal to say 5 others helping him

There are two things I would never do n respect to Thailand. One is start or be associated with a business here and the second is hire Thai's to work for me (have in the past and was very disappointed with their attitude towards work).

Before the critics and the SB's come I support your statement.

i cannot believe it.

when will this problem with the surfboard operators be taken care of.

the offender stabs someone in the back and escapes on a motorbike. and then

he turns himself in.

something is not right. wonder what the reason fir the stabbing was and what punishment

will be meted out.

i cannot believe it.

when will this problem with the surfboard operators be taken care of.

the offender stabs someone in the back and escapes on a motorbike. and then

he turns himself in.

something is not right. wonder what the reason fir the stabbing was and what punishment

will be meted out.

Maybe you should read the article.

The stabbing was the result of an ongoing feud between Kittichai and Mr Smith, who has been living in Thailand for many years, Lt Weerayuth said.

On Monday, Lt Weerayuth said that witnesses reported that both men had altercations many times because Mr Smith’s wife and Kittichai have surfboard rental businesses in the same area.

Read more at http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-surfboard-renter-charged-with-attempted-murder-for-stabbing-nz-man-58012.php#plUpcgSrdifrF8Gt.99

The stabbing was the result of an ongoing feud between Kittichai and Mr Smith, who has been living in Thailand for many years, Lt Weerayuth said.

On Monday, Lt Weerayuth said that witnesses reported that both men had altercations many times because Mr Smith’s wife and Kittichai have surfboard rental businesses in the same area.

Read more at http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-surfboard-renter-charged-with-attempted-murder-for-stabbing-nz-man-58012.php#plUpcgSrdifrF8Gt.99

Yeah, and both are using public land for their businesses...

oh,...I leave Phuket for long time ago but I see there is a new business at the beach.

Let me guess, the same "gentlemans" who rent out yetski's.

Yes I believe, they have the same habits, ofcourse.

It will never stops with that kind of people, not automaticly.

Yeah, and both are using public land for their businesses...

After it was proclaimed that there will be "no commerce on the beach"

Competition in anything here seems never welcomed, especially if there’s a foreigner involved. I’m pretty sure Mr. Kittichai’s business comes from mostly foreigners. The mellow sport of surfing has hit the bottom here in Thailand. I’m glad I have my own surfboard. I’ll remember not to drop in on Mr. Kittichai’s wave next time I’m surfing there. Yikes!!! another extreme Thai sport.

Competition in anything here seems never welcomed, especially if there’s a foreigner involved. I’m pretty sure Mr. Kittichai’s business comes from mostly foreigners. The mellow sport of surfing has hit the bottom here in Thailand. I’m glad I have my own surfboard. I’ll remember not to drop in on Mr. Kittichai’s wave next time I’m surfing there. Yikes!!! another extreme Thai sport.

Friends of mine that have been coming for almost 20 years and surfing in Kata say there definitely are some attitudes out in the water now where as in the past it was nice and mellow.

The thais based in phuket are the worst in thailand. Its a very aggressive place. I will never go there again

Surely only Chinese still go to Phuket?

Chinese, and people from everywhere else in he world who have two bob and aren't afraid of their own shadows.

Your choice indeed; and my choice to criticize anybody who would write such a pathetically ridiculous post, but very happy that Thais will not have to work with the kind of people who display your kind of attitude.

There are millions of excellent Thai workers, but the problem is much more likely that someone who writes this kind of nonsense is not educated or qualified enough to hold a technical management position an thus has no knowledge of the many, many highly professional Thai's from office assistants up to managing directors.

In very few countries do the staff work as hard and for such (voluntarily) long hours as they do in Thailand.

And it's not just professionals, there are vast numbers of very proficient manual and blue colour factory workers here who can dig, build, paint (and manufacture the world best pick-ups for instance) to match the best anywhere and on very low wages.

Its just pathetic to write this kind of racist crap.

What on earth has this to do with a stabbing by a surfboard renter?

Those who chose to write stupid posts like this cannot chose to be offended when their ignorance and racism is ridiculed.

...yeah right....

...let's see what charges....if any...really...

...attempted murder should be 15 years in the civilized world....???

This is just a philosophical question, but, if it is proven you have attempted to take someone's life, then why isn't the penalty the same?

If you stab someone in the back with a knife, then why are you not put out of harm's way, that is, other people's harm, for life?

You surely cannot be trusted to mix with others in a normal way.

Is there a philosophical bone in this country?