Fridge Delivery

Crash999

Hi there folks.

I'll be arriving in Pattaya next week and will need to buy a few final odds and ends for my apartment. I found a place that can deliver a TV in an hour (the shop that sells a lot of Sony stuff next to Big C). How about a fridge- I heard it can take a week for delivery. I can't imagine living without a fridge for a week... yikes!

Any recommendations as to where I can buy a fridge and have it delivered FAST! I guess it would be asking too much for it to contain a nice cold case of beer in it when it arrives. =)

-Crash

Hi there folks.

I'll be arriving in Pattaya next week and will need to buy a few final odds and ends for my apartment. I found a place that can deliver a TV in an hour (the shop that sells a lot of Sony stuff next to Big C). How about a fridge- I heard it can take a week for delivery. I can't imagine living without a fridge for a week... yikes!

Any recommendations as to where I can buy a fridge and have it delivered FAST! I guess it would be asking too much for it to contain a nice cold case of beer in it when it arrives. =)

-Crash

Can't you charter a Song Taew?

Hi there! I'll be living on Soi 5.

I suppose I could charter a songtaew but I'm not sure that a place like Big C or Lotus actually has a stock of fridges in the back. Was under the impression they have to be ordered from somewhere...?

Hi there! I'll be living on Soi 5.

I suppose I could charter a songtaew but I'm not sure that a place like Big C or Lotus actually has a stock of fridges in the back. Was under the impression they have to be ordered from somewhere...?

They do have fridges in stock, don't worry about that!

If you take the fridge back yourself don't forget that if you put the fridge on it's side you need to leave it overnight before you switch it on as the gas needs to settle.

Numchai on Sukhumvit have hundreds of fridges in stock and will deliver within one hour of purchase - even 15 kms out of Pattaya.

Their prices are also good - better than Homepro etc, and they have a wider selection.

BTW Homepro will also deliver same day - as will Carrefour.

Home Pro in Carrefour delivered my fridge immediately. There again at the price they should.

Choose your fridge carefully.

1. Make sure it is a tropical fridge.

2. Check the fittings are strong.

3. Opt for a fridge freezer if possible with auto-defrost.

4. Don't listen to the sales staff.

5. Choose a good brand, with a fridge you get what you pay for, don't buy a fridge for a free toaster.

After purchase;

Don't over stock the door.

Home Pro in Carrefour delivered my fridge immediately. There again at the price they should.

5. Choose a good brand, with a fridge you get what you pay for, don't buy a fridge for a free toaster.

After purchase;

6.Only fill your fridge with beer, if you need to store food, buy another fridge

edit* or buy a fffffkin mini-mart

Edited by kurgen

I've got 4 fridges and I still struggle to find room for a case of beer :D

Then I open the freezer sections and they're all empty! Everything has to be fresh from the market.

Good food tho' :D

(Aught to be with 4 fridges. :o )

After purchase;

6.Only fill your fridge with beer, if you need to store food, buy another fridge

edit* or buy a fffffkin mini-mart

words of wisdom from our resident genius, krugen, :o

Hi there folks.

-Crash

Don't worry. Big C, Tescop Lotus, and Carrefour can all deliver on the same day. PLUS, their prices will be better than independent shops. You may also be lucky enough to find what you want at a special price too. Good luck.

Bought one on last trip in Tops at Secon Sq and they delivered it following morning (Sunday)....2 door stainless steel jobbi to go with new kitchen.... and got a 25,000 bt discount... :D (Samsung) and paid with my Nationwide CC card ...no charges ...

Loads of room now for my big bottles of Heinees and frozen haggisis :o

Bought one on last trip in Tops at Secon Sq and they delivered it following morning (Sunday)....2 door stainless steel jobbi to go with new kitchen.... and got a 25,000 bt discount... :D (Samsung) and paid with my Nationwide CC card ...no charges ...

Loads of room now for my big bottles of Heinees and frozen haggisis :o

Where do you get haggis from? My fridge could do with a little bit - it's like Mobi's, freezer part empty apart from a packet of peas.

Loads of room now for my big bottles of Heinees and frozen haggisis :D

Where do you get haggis from? My fridge could do with a little bit - it's like Mobi's, freezer part empty apart from a packet of peas.

From over "ere :D

K.Wifee fills up her ( our) suitcases with every thing from Vitamin Tabs to portable 1.2kva generators (B&Q £49 quid) and electric tree cutting saws (wolf £124) and I slip in 20 kilo of jocks finest..Mc Sweens..frae Edin..... :o

We both have ROCi G cards which gives us a total of 100 Kgs a time on TG...usually more...

just another "lettle box "..of ......jesu .C..( me ) you CANT be serious...

Answer ....AM Thai. :D .......so.....dont worry.......and guess wot...MPRAI :D

wheres my tesco bag?... :D

They do have fridges in stock, don't worry about that!

If you take the fridge back yourself don't forget that if you put the fridge on it's side you need to leave it overnight before you switch it on as the gas needs to settle.

No problem with the gas, its the oil that needs to settle. :o

How very true, and don't let the GF listen to them either or she will think what they are saying is true then you got one in each ear telling you a tail with no relevance to what you are buying. :o

Edited by Rimmer