BBC say over 1 million sign petition for New Referendum

Caps

Funny how Cameron…the guy who started this entire mess ..is allowed to resign and take no responsibility for his actions.

he didn't start the mess at all. there has been calls for this for years from the electorate. The people wanted this, he had the balls to call it. That isn't me excusing him for anything he's done as PM, just this one acton.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The REMAIN losers are getting desperate.

Saw Farrage being grilled by some some woman on tv….she asked him if he could guarantee that the 350 million pounds (grossly inflated) that UK sent to the EU every week would now be used to fund the NHS…he said no he couldn't and that it was a mistake and that advert should not have been used…..she hauled him over coals for that saying that it was one of the reasons LEAVE won.

I saw that advert…it says….WE SEND THE EU 350 MILLION POUNDS EVERY WEEK. LET'S FUND OUR NHS INSTEAD.

I don't see where it promises that they will be diverting 350 million quid to the nhs. It just suggesting we're spending a fortune on EU, shouldn't we fund our NHS.

Totally nonsensensical tactics by the REMAIN losers.

You apparently didn't see THIS ad. See the ad in the video. Nice try ... BUSTED.

"LET'S GIVE OUR NHS THE 350 MILLION POUNDS THE EU TAKES EVERY WEEK"

That still isn't a promise….it's a suggestion…it's quite a clever, nuanced use of words…and a semi educated working class brit wouldn't understand its true meaning….and apparently neither do you.

Saw Farrage being grilled by some some woman on tv….she asked him if he could guarantee that the 350 million pounds (grossly inflated) that UK sent to the EU every week would now be used to fund the NHS…he said no he couldn't and that it was a mistake and that advert should not have been used…..she hauled him over coals for that saying that it was one of the reasons LEAVE won.

I saw that advert…it says….WE SEND THE EU 350 MILLION POUNDS EVERY WEEK. LET'S FUND OUR NHS INSTEAD.

I don't see where it promises that they will be diverting 350 million quid to the nhs. It just suggesting we're spending a fortune on EU, shouldn't we fund our NHS.

You apparently didn't see THIS ad. See the ad in the video. Nice try ... BUSTED.

That still isn't a promise….it's a suggestion…it's quite a clever, nuanced use of words…and a semi educated working class brit wouldn't understand its true meaning….and apparently neither do you.

It was a big lie, the UK doesn't pay anything like 350 Million a week.

A LIE isn't a play with words, it is a LIE.

Funny how Cameron…the guy who started this entire mess ..is allowed to resign and take no responsibility for his actions.

Exactly, one of his pre referendum sound bites was Britons aren't quitters, but his first action on losing was to quit. He started this process he should finish it.

He's spiteful, vengeful twunt….before, when he thought he would win, he said that in case he lost, Article 50 would be triggered immediately etc….after losing he changed his tune and said it was the next PM's job.

The next PM, should appoint him to chair the Commission on EU Withdrawal…let's see what excuse he comes up with then…he'll probably say he's busy writing his memoirs.

It was a big lie, the UK doesn't pay anything like 350 Million a week.

A LIE isn't a play with words, it is a LIE.

It's not a secret that the figure is inaccurate….apparently it is in the region of 250 mill…..and with the rebates etc the EU gives, it comes down to about 165 or 167 mill quid.

The BBC did a documentary before the vote where all this was explained to the viewers.

So the leavers should start a petition, "no way we want another referendum" then lets see who gets the most votes, wait i think I can guess

We know the result is final. So why bother?

I was just being sarcastic, not serious, your right

The people who say the EU is undemocratic...basically don't understand how the EU works.

Mainly because they get all their information from hate publications like the Daily Mail...which fills their heads with all sorts of nonsense.

Dumocracy in action...

You clearly misunderstand democracy. Just because those dreaming up the laws that affect 550 million people are put into their position by national elected governments (many of which may be near the end of their terms) does not give democracy. The fact the elected EU parliament cannot propose laws makes it impotent. Personally I think the EU parliament should be voted on with 1/4 of the members voted for every year which would keep it at least partially current to the wishes of the European people. What you have in Europe is a partisan lobbied group of people so open to corruption and big business buas it cannot be even clise to a democracy. You should think it through a little deeper.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It seems to me progression towards Brexit could legally be blocked by the current U.K. government, but in practicality dragging it on like that would just create additional damage because of continued uncertainty. So of course this bad mistake will almost definitely go forward.

It seems to me progression towards Brexit could legally be blocked by the current U.K. government, but in practicality dragging it on like that would just create additional damage because of continued uncertainty. So of course this bad mistake will almost definitely go forward.

The referendum result is not legally binding, so the government could simply ignore it. However, more likely is that the matter will be put to a vote of parliament where leaving the EU would be overwhelmingly rejected. This could be done quite quickly, so there would be no "dragging it on". Whether this would be politically palatable, with an incumbent government that is so despised, I don't know. Perhaps the Tories could count on Labour being in even greater disarray, so the political cost might not be that great.

Was it 5,000 votes from the Vatican in this petition? There are only 800 residents in the Vatican.

Petitioners from N. Korea too and from around the world. Odd that because N.Korea has no geneal internet fo the people.

The interactive map shows many of the petitioners are from Londonistan and that many are students. And, of course, many of these students were not allowed to vote because they are (were) under 18 years old at the time.

To me, this petition is sour grapes.

The election was fair from what I understand and the majority voted to leave. A majority is just that - a majority.

No, the referendum is not legally binding, but I cannot see any government overturning the vote and blocking Brexit. That would be foolhardy.

David Cameron is standing down but dont worry George Osborn has vowed to continue so everything will work out ok, George had a degree in history you know, so he is the right man for the job

I think you're being a little unfair here to Gideon(yes, that's his real name).

Lets not forget the only two real world jobs he held before going into politics.

Refolding towels for Selfridges(department store) and his data entry job, which entailed logging the details of those who died in the NHS.

I'm not joking ...google it!

But, at any rate he will have Boris Johnson to help him with the tricky math.

Was it 5,000 votes from the Vatican in this petition? There are only 800 residents in the Vatican.

Petitioners from N. Korea too and from around the world. Odd that because N.Korea has no geneal internet fo the people.

The interactive map shows many of the petitioners are from Londonistan and that many are students. And, of course, many of these students were not allowed to vote because they are (were) under 18 years old at the time.

To me, this petition is sour grapes.

The election was fair from what I understand and the majority voted to leave. A majority is just that - a majority.

No, the referendum is not legally binding, but I cannot see any government overturning the vote and blocking Brexit. That would be foolhardy.

Farage is on record as to his definition of what constitutes a certain majority result and that given a narrow defeat he would not regard the result final - what he defined back in May as a narrow defeat that he would not accept is something he probably wishes he had not said.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nigel-farage-wants-second-referendum-7985017

Archived