BBC say over 1 million sign petition for New Referendum

Caps

The people who say the EU is undemocratic...basically don't understand how the EU works.

Mainly because they get all their information from hate publications like the Daily Mail...which fills their heads with all sorts of nonsense.

Dumocracy in action...

Did you vote for the EU presidents?

Did you vote for the PM of the UK (and I don't mean who won, I just mean did you vote)

Yes & Yes.

Unless you are an MEP/Country leader you did not vote for the EU Presidents

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-anger-bregret-leave-voters-protest-vote-thought-uk-stay-in-eu-remain-win-a7102516.html?campaign_id=A100&campaign_type=Email

Brexit: Anger over 'Bregret' as Leave voters say they wanted 'protest vote' and thought UK would stay in EU

Some said they had not forseen the immediate economic impact, while others were angry at Nigel Faraga's admisison that NHS funding claim was a 'mistake'

Over 2 mio signatures for new referendum now.

Yes, many were protest votes, so will now have to live with the consequences. No way there will be a new referendum.

Rather too late

Nope its not too late

They don't have to invoke Article 50

Because the petition is over 100.000 it goes to Parliament for a vote I think

Maybe if we had adopted the North Korean style of governing this would have never have happened, it doesn't matter what the majority have voted for, it's what I want. Long live democrasy.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-anger-bregret-leave-voters-protest-vote-thought-uk-stay-in-eu-remain-win-a7102516.html?campaign_id=A100&campaign_type=Email

Brexit: Anger over 'Bregret' as Leave voters say they wanted 'protest vote' and thought UK would stay in EU

Some said they had not forseen the immediate economic impact, while others were angry at Nigel Faraga's admisison that NHS funding claim was a 'mistake'

Yes, many were protest votes, so will now have to live with the consequences. No way there will be a new referendum.

You're right, CNN just reported over 2.6 million have signed. I don't know much about UK rules and regs, but if there is no chance of another referendum, what is the point of this petition?

You're right, CNN just reported over 2.6 million have signed. I don't know much about UK rules and regs, but if there is no chance of another referendum, what is the point of this petition?

We could have a new Referendum if voted for in Parliament and also just because we voted out the Government does not have to invoke Article 50

We could have a new Referendum if voted for in Parliament and also just because we voted out the Government does not have to invoke Article 50

So the referendum is actually just a waste of time and money, because parliament isn't bound by it?

So the referendum is actually just a waste of time and money, because parliament isn't bound by it?

Yes...in theory it is not legally binding so the Government can still do as it pleases. Then it would be left untill the next General Election to see who gets voted in and on what grounds

Proff Curtiss on the BBC site today ( he is an expert on constitutional matters ) says it is to late to change the decision, the decision stands. Remain people are clutching at straws, the people have spoken and 17 m trumps 2.5 m. It was an open vote, it was up to you to decide, to my mind a lot of the remain voters did not turn up because they did not think they would lose and therein lies the result, a win to the leave side. No good saying it was a protest about something else or you made a mistake can I have another go, thats not the way it works.

As Cameron said In is in and Out is Out that the choice, the EU have accepted the decision, can you imagine how they would treat us if we said we have a had another go and we have decided to stay? All credibility out of the window.

Just accept it, we are now out and we have decide in which direction we go. The ECHR is likely to be repealed first so we can deport who we want and stop all this "it affects my human rights nonsense" whilst talks go on with the EU about how we leave and what the new trading arrangements will be like.

Life as we know it will not change much over the next 2 years whilst we get out of the EU.

I was waiting for the other shoe to drop. A Brexit was so unlikely , considering who's in the remain camp , that you had to question why did they let it happen.
So what now ? Remain has more than 2,5 million signatures , is the government going to vote to ignore the Brexit vote ? Another referendum , 'till they get their way ?
Scotland going to spoil it all with an obscure law ?
So if all the remains sign , it will be about 16 million signatures , what's stopping the Brexit people to start a petition too . Why vote in a booth ? Let's just hold elections and referendums by signing a petition online.
If not enough people voted , shouldn't they have made voting obligatory like in some other countries ( if there is so much at stake )?
I still think they're going to move heaven & earth to stop the Brexit from happening.
When plan A fails , go to plan B....I'm sure the Bremains have a plan Z too....or do they know something is about to happen and need a Brexit as a scapegoat?

I think there is no chance of a new referendum because Cameron is on his way out and lost nearly all his influence. The new guys on the block want the Brexit, and I simply don't see them coming back with a new referendum and risk giving up their newly acquired powers.

I wonder how many of the petition signers are actually British and not foreigners living there? There will be people who voted to stay as well that wished they had voted leave, especially if they saw this film since Thursday, how did we put up with EU tyranny for so long?

The problem I think we have now is that the momentum has ground to a stop and no one is coming up with viable plans. Maybe because its the weekend...maybe its because the Brexit leaders were not expecting to win?

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

2,777,116 signatures

Parliament will consider this for a debate

Parliament considers all petitions that get more than 100,000 signatures for a debate

Waiting for 2 days for a debate date

• Deadline 25 November 2016 All petitions run for 6 months
{"name":"Thailand","code":"TH","signature_count":415}
{"name":"United Kingdom","code":"GB","signature_count":2401768},

Petition is meaningless as anyone can sign it, from anywhere

The Petition is not meaningless, due to how many have signed it it will be looked at and probably voted on by Parliament....that in itself is not meaningless because no one can guess what will happen in Parliament plus it also might make the Government not invoke Article 50...as they are not obliged to do so

The Petition is not meaningless, due to how many have signed it it will be looked at and probably voted on by Parliament....that in itself is not meaningless because no one can guess what will happen in Parliament plus it also might make the Government not invoke Article 50...as they are not obliged to do so

Of course its meaningless, it might be a bitter pill for you to swallow but the majority of the British people chose to leave eu. You can't have a referendum and then want another because you didn't get the result you wanted. Man up and accept the result.

Of course its meaningless, it might be a bitter pill for you to swallow but the majority of the British people chose to leave eu. You can't have a referendum and then want another because you didn't get the result you wanted. Man up and accept the result.

I voted to leave, just saying it as it is

I see there's a new voting form designed already:

Clz7qvwUoAAxPTQ.jpg

I reserve the right to change my mind at any time and it still to be valid. I also reserve the right to take part in a petition as a second option!

Why cant they just accept the result with good grace, this is how you should do it.....................England thrash Sri Lanka at cricket, Sri Lankan captain says..........Alex Hales and Jason Roy played brilliantly, England deserved to win.

No its not difficult is it?

The rules of online petition say that any petition over 100,000 can be "considered for debate" does not mean it will be and when the constitutional position is looked at it will be dismissed, its a complete red herring, started by someone who has no grasp about the system works and has been followed by an army of bad losers.

Baffling to me. There seems to be uproar now the vote is over. Why weren't these queries raised before the referendum?
All quotes below from press and social media:

Brexit: Expats denied say in EU referendum due to missing postal votes demand re-run after scandal is revealed.
Exclusive: Voters fear thousands of people may have been affected by delays and errors.

A stupid referendum won by the protest vote that is about to tear the country apart.
If you find any more people regretting their vote, please upload to highlight the ridiculousness of this referendum.

Even the BBC, when interviewing a member of the public, asked: "Are you worried that we're going to get a prime minister now that you haven't voted for?"
Public: "Yes, it does worry me."

[end quote]
Since when do we vote for prime ministers? The only way anyone could have voted for David Cameron was if they resided in the constituency he represents.

I agree. It's not a mandate.

Is this what you REALLY want?

The day after ... when the reality is hitting the fan.

I find it very, very sad.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/great-britain-reckons-with-possible-future-as-little-england/2016/06/25/4563ffee-3ae1-11e6-af02-1df55f0c77ff_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-banner-main_england-335am-desktop%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

Great Britain reckons with possible future as Little England

LONDON — For centuries, this modest little island in the North Sea has punched well above its weight on the international stage: It built a global empire, beat back the Nazi tide and stood shoulder to shoulder with the United States during a decades-long standoff with the Soviets.

But now that Britain has stunned the world with its decision to exit the European Union, experts say it will be focused inward for the foreseeable future.

Thursday’s referendum was the most dramatic blow to Britain’s role in the world, but even before that, a series of events caused Washington to fret that its closest ally was pulling back from its customarily active global role.

Who actually cares what any others think. The vote is cast so Britain has to turn inwards and sort it's act out. No matter what people's thoughts were it has to be Britain First now for everyone. I do love the liberal Yanks commenting on it when something like the EU would have caused a civil war over there.

News just in:

According to the Telegraph, some 39,411 residents of Vatican City, home to Pope Francis, appeared to have signed the petition by Sunday morning, despite the tiny city state having a total population of just 800.

It's a bloody miracle!

Plus:

In isolationist North Korea, one of the least internet-connected countries in the world, 23,778 people had apparently gone online to express their frustration at the UK’s decision to quit the EU.

Located 800 miles south east of the Falklands, and with a permanent population of zero, the South Atlantic British Overseas Territory of South Georgia and the Sandwich Islands was responsible for more than 3,000 signatures

That was some 300 more than those coming from the British Antarctic Territory, which though home to some 400 researchers also has no settled population of its own.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

2,777,116 signatures

Parliament will consider this for a debate

Parliament considers all petitions that get more than 100,000 signatures for a debate

Waiting for 2 days for a debate date

• Deadline 25 November 2016 All petitions run for 6 months
{"name":"Thailand","code":"TH","signature_count":415}
{"name":"United Kingdom","code":"GB","signature_count":2401768},

If it were ever to get to a debate in Parliament it would get talked out of time and that would be the end of the matter so why not just skip it and we can get on with life!

Archived