Just being scammed at a local market

Mangostin

Why such drama? Seems the solution is simple: never shop there again.

And as far as the Mars bar, the Coke can, and all the other items from yesteryear, learn to read the label and make a judgement. Take a look around you and learn everything costs more compared to 25 yrs ago.

It's a scam when the label says beef but only horse meat can be found in the bag.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why such drama?

It's a scam when the label says beef but only horse meat can be found in the bag.

Where? Are you watching the telly???laugh.png

Nope, horse's meat usually costs more than beef, i would call it a great deal....horses for main courseslicklips.gif

And as far as the Mars bar, the Coke can, and all the other items from yesteryear, learn to read the label and make a judgement. Take a look around you and learn everything costs more compared to 25 yrs ago.

It's maybe not a scam when, for example, a packet of crisps is reduced in size from 80g to 77g, and this can only be seen by reading the small lettering at the bottom of the packet, but it's certainly deceitful. It's just an underhand way of raising prices by 3.75% and while you may think buyers should be more educated and more aware, some people still cling to the ideal of honest companies and individuals providing quality goods and services and being rewarded appropriately. It may be standard practice in the modern world to try to deceive consumers in order to make greater profits without providing anything extra but that doesn't mean we have to like it.

It's maybe not a scam when, for example, a packet of crisps is reduced in size from 80g to 77g, and this can only be seen by reading the small lettering at the bottom of the packet, but it's certainly deceitful. It's just an underhand way of raising prices by 3.75% and while you may think buyers should be more educated and more aware, some people still cling to the ideal of honest companies and individuals providing quality goods and services and being rewarded appropriately. It may be standard practice in the modern world to try to deceive consumers in order to make greater profits without providing anything extra but that doesn't mean we have to like it.

Jesus i'm glad Iddon'tgo out shopping with you. Carry one the way you are and you'll have a bloodyheart attack chill out. Who cares if a pkt of crisps is 3grm less than it was a week ago. More important thingein the world to get flustered over.

I've got the serious cast-iron stomach, and what I mean by that is pretty much bulletproof when it comes to getting the s$its from food, but probably the worst case in the last twenty years I got from these little guys.

Friend and I in BKK pretty soused after having been drinking, I walk by see those little dough balls in the wok of oil (I'm sure it was that nasty-a$s oil that did it) score me a bag, delightful with the buzz on, munch them down. About an hour later, explosive diarrhea that didn't go away for days.........

No, I say they have done you a favor.

don't suppose the drink had anything to do with it did it !!!! No of course not silly me has to be blamed on a Thai I forgot sorry .

Lol.

My six year old daughter eats these and never gets sick.

Mind you, that's not after 15 pints of lager...

What a funny thread.

Can't wait for the OP's next life dilemma.

How bout a thread on the reduced length of mamma noodles.

Of course it will never stack up against this massive SCAM. 55555

Edited by neverdie

Jesus i'm glad Iddon'tgo out shopping with you. Carry one the way you are and you'll have a bloodyheart attack chill out. Who cares if a pkt of crisps is 3grm less than it was a week ago. More important thingein the world to get flustered over.

Who said I get flustered? Talk about investing me with your own emotions. I simply find it an underhand practice and usually stop buying the product when they do it.

Edited by Mark123456

This vendor is not likely a sophisticated business person - maybe they were faced with a short term problem, an increase in expenses or something other and did not know how to deal with it or pass along the price increase... maybe they could have increased the price and given you the same quantity but felt that was too much bother... if this is someone who you deal with regularly I would like to think you can speak with them rather than get all worked up as if you were horribly scammed... maybe ask them what their problems are and help them out... show a bit of compassion.. [sure, just a crazy idea]

Who said I get flustered? Talk about investing me with your own emotions. I simply find it an underhand practice and usually stop buying the product when they do it.
Not my emotions I don't get so flustered or so wound up over 3 grms. So as you say you stop buying the product when they are affected by your costing barometer and you percived you are being ripped off. So you will be dead of starvation soon that makes sense then. Edited by jeab1980

Not my emotions I don't get so flustered or so wound up over 3 grms. So as you say you stop buying the product when they are affected by your costing barometer and you percived you are being ripped off. So you will be dead of starvation soon that makes sense then.

It is possible to buy food that doesn't come in sealed packets you know. I don't think I'm going to starve to death just because I stop eating Lay crisps and drinking Singha beer, for example. And they're not my emotions you're talking about so they must be yours. Either that or you're just making stuff up - which is it?

Edited by Mark123456

Not my emotions I don't get so flustered or so wound up over 3 grms. So as you say you stop buying the product when they are affected by your costing barometer and you percived you are being ripped off. So you will be dead of starvation soon that makes sense then.

It is possible to buy food that doesn't come in sealed packets you know. I don't think I'm going to starve to death just because I stop eating Lay crisps and drinking Singha beer, for example. And they're not my emotions you're talking about so they must be yours. Either that or you're just making stuff up - which is it?

Whatever you say 3grm ain'tworth the hassle you carry on spying percived rip off if it floats your boat that much.

Scientists ! nobody here can even understand that the seller put less of the product instead of selling more expensive ?

This is so clear that this is what is happening !

Not so difficult to understand in general except by foreigners who think that they know everything...

I think somebody would just love to do business with you.

Let's say you go to buy your next shiny Vigo for the usual price......only to find out that there are no mechanical's parts inside it when you try to start it, it's basically an empty box, that shouldn't be a problem for you i guess, after all, you still paid the same amount as any other normally functioning cars cheesy.gifthumbsup.gif

What a funny thread.

Haven't they found yet a vaccine for the "millionaire's syndrome" ?

This vendor is not likely a sophisticated business person - maybe they were faced with a short term problem, an increase in expenses or something other and did not know how to deal with it or pass along the price increase... maybe they could have increased the price and given you the same quantity but felt that was too much bother... if this is someone who you deal with regularly I would like to think you can speak with them rather than get all worked up as if you were horribly scammed... maybe ask them what their problems are and help them out... show a bit of compassion.. [sure, just a crazy idea]

Yeah right!

What next? "Farang killed by local vendor, BiB said it would have been very hard for the vendor to just let it go and we should show compassion"...in the mean time, some TV members just organized a crowdfunding on the popular website to make sure the poor vendors will never run out of bullets, totally empathizing with the struggles they might have went into.....nice one

Yeah right!

What next? "Farang killed by local vendor, BiB said it would have been very hard for the vendor to just let it go and we should show compassion"...in the mean time, some TV members just organized a crowdfunding on the popular website to make sure the poor vendors will never run out of bullets, totally empathizing with the struggles they might have went into.....nice one

Can i ask where you buy your mushrooms from.

They must be the magic sort. How else can you start a thread about a missing couple of Dodh balls and progress said rip off to a car engine with no mechanical bits.. do you eat them once or twice a day???

Edited by jeab1980

you percived you are being ripped off. So you will be dead of starvation soon that makes sense then.

laugh.pngfacepalm.gif ....naaw c'mon, those vendors are clearly doing some good to you by caring about your diet and making sure you stay a sucksy man, not ripping you off, no way

you percived you are being ripped off. So you will be dead of starvation soon that makes sense then.

laugh.pngfacepalm.gif ....naaw c'mon, those vendors are clearly doing some good to you by caring about your diet and making sure you stay a sucksy man, not ripping you off, no way

nice role reversal try but sorry no work

They must be the magic sort. How else can you start a thread about a missing couple of Dodh balls and progress said rip off to a car engine with no mechanical bits.. do you eat them once or twice a day???

I go to pick them up with your wifey in the woods when you sleep, ha ha that's when the "magic" starts.

You can't really see the connection do you? While at the same time posting that we would die starving because of this?

That's because you got something that it's reversed into your head, i can't help you with that, the best i could do it's try to make you understand with some reasoning here, if you still don't get it it's your problem not mine.

I go to pick them up with your wifey in the woods when you sleep, ha ha that's when the "magic" starts.

You can't really see the connection do you? While at the same time posting that we would die starving because of this?

AS this turns your thread somewhat. I will only redonethis way.

I have reportedthis to moderators as you have ssteppedover a boundary.

AS this turns your thread somewhat. I will only redonethis way.

I have reportedthis to moderators as you have ssteppedover a boundary.

Yes go and scream crying to mommy that you are unable to win an argument because of your failed logic....grow up!

What a funny thread.

Haven't they found yet a vaccine for the "millionaire's syndrome" ?

No eye dear. :D

That's because you got something that it's reversed into your head, i can't help you with that, the best i could do it's try to make you understand with some reasoning here, if you still don't get it it's your problem not mine.

Mangostin, mate. You are in way over your head. Give up while you still have a shred of credibility.

Mangostin, mate. You are in way over your head. Give up while you still have a shred of credibility.

That's right, i forgot about the "if it hasn't happened to me, then it can't be true" faction

Are you really this passionate about a few bloody fried dough balls ? Or has something else got up your nose causing your pain ?

On first reading your post I thought it was a light hearted rant that you'd get over in no time. Bit like an unwanted hangover. Bit shitty at first but you feel better in a short time. But it would appear you are treating the "scammed" episode as if it were an inoperable cancer.

I could write a book on "it HAS happened to me", & I mean BIG time "happened to me"

Get over it, don't be such a sook.

Are you really this passionate about a few bloody fried dough balls ? Or has something else got up your nose causing your pain ?

On first reading your post I thought it was a light hearted rant that you'd get over in no time. Bit like an unwanted hangover. Bit shitty at first but you feel better in a short time. But it would appear you are treating the "scammed" episode as if it were an inoperable cancer.

I could write a book on "it HAS happened to me", & I mean BIG time "happened to me"

Get over it, don't be such a sook.

You are missing the point, relax and read the whole thread till you understand, i am only making you a favour after all, but as usual some people will get upset or start crying when you show them the truth, why do you keep condemning the messenger rather than the problem or the source of the problem?

That's the question you should ask yourself, if you still can't handle it, i am sorry for you but i am not by any means obliging you to keep discussing over it, personally, i find it amusing and also educative, because you could get a panorama of other people's thoughts partytime2.gif