British political turmoil deepens after EU referendum

webfact

Cameron had no choice but to stand down. He had nailed his colours to the remain camp and he could not be the one to negotiate the leaving when he was passionately against it. It has to be a leave supporter to negotiate the terms of the divorce and Boris orchestrated it for him to be that man. This could well be a poisoned chalice given the difficulties ahead. Losing Cameron is no great loss at all but inevitably Osborne will have to go as the Chancellor of the Exchequer and that will be a difficult role to fill.

Of course with a general election the Tories may lose to the newly led Labour party who may get in? In which case all bets are off!

Edited by dunroaming

If this story turns out to be true, then it was about time to leave the EU.

European SUPERSTATE to be unveiled: EU nations 'to be morphed into one' post-Brexit

Scary, at least for me. It seems, the EU is about to definitively trashing its individual states.

Yup. It's probably why the Swiss (World leaders in sensibility and, well, just about everything else) pulled out the other week.

If this story turns out to be true, then it was about time to leave the EU.

European SUPERSTATE to be unveiled: EU nations 'to be morphed into one' post-Brexit

Scary, at least for me. It seems, the EU is about to definitively trashing its individual states.

Who cares about becoming a vassal of The Fourth Reich? Just worry about the short-term financial losses incurred by backing away from it crazy.gif .

JUst a thought- if the Scottish parliament and Northern Ireland contingent refuse to go along with the separation from the UK and get enough support from England and Wales could not the next British PM refuse to invoke Article 50 which is what triggers the exit. In addition the EU itself provides more enticements to the Uk to remain in the Union. The British PM then states that for national unity and market stability- he cannot in good conscience trigger the exit. I wonder what the result of such an action would br?

Members of Thaivisa

It is not up to Cameron to decide, it is up to Parliament. Parliament has to vote to repeal The European Community Act of 1972 before Article 50 comes into the picture.

Most of the British public, who are ignorant of the British Constitution, Constitutional Law and Parliamentary Sovereignty, were/are unaware of this fact. It was not publicised during the campaign and they were allowed to believe that they were making the decision.

They were not.

All they were doing were providing "volume" upon which the opposing protagonists could base their argumentative justifications during the days/weeks (months?) of debate leading up to the repeal vote.

The fact that the referendum result was so close makes that volume far less significant.

This is history in the making, not history in the books. It is unpredictable and anything is possible.

This will help you understand the reality of this power struggle. It is eloquently explained by a QC (Queens Council)

Please try to forget your prejudices, hopes and fears, and just understand what is happening:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/27/stop-brexit-mp-vote-referendum-members-parliament-act-europe

Edited by Enoon

These people are sick!

BREXITPHOBIA: Leave Voters Suffer Widespread Abuse As Media Focuses on ‘Brexit Racism’

"Mainstream news organisations have spent the weekend attending English Defence League and far-right rallies in order to try and portray Brexit voters as racists. Channel 4’s “coverage” of the subject almost exclusively uses images from nationalist rallies to represent the pro-Leave camp."

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/06/27/leave-voters-suffer-widespread-abuse-media-focuses-brexit-racism/

Whenever these leftists lickspittles do't like a decision it becomes 'Racist'! laugh.png

Standard and Poor have downgraded the UK's credit rating due to the Brexit vote.

It's one thing when they downgrade the credit rating of a company. That means something. But as much as I dislike the Brexit vote, when credit rating companies take on a whole nation it doesn't mean much. Certainly investors disagree with Standard and Poor. Interest rates on the UK's gilt-edged bonds are at an all-time low.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2016/06/27/s_p_and_fitch_downgrade_u_k_s_credit_rating.html

Standard and Poor have downgraded the UK's credit rating due to the Brexit vote.

It's one thing when they downgrade the credit rating of a company. That means something. But as much as I dislike the Brexit vote, when credit rating companies take on a whole nation it doesn't mean much. Certainly investors disagree with Standard and Poor. Interest rates on the UK's gilt-edged bonds are at an all-time low.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2016/06/27/s_p_and_fitch_downgrade_u_k_s_credit_rating.html

Anallists predict further cuts. This is just the beginning

http://business.financialpost.com/investing/global-investor/standard-poors-cuts-u-k-s-credit-rating-by-two-notches-after-brexit

Edited by mcfish

Boon Mee

I didn't realise that you lived in the UK. The newspapers have many pictures of the racist morons taken over the last few days, every one post the Brexit vote. The news programmes have also been showing incidents post Brexit, these are usually live or within 24 hours of them happening. Channel 4 has some footage taken of the "so called" British football supporters over the weekend. The chants were as you would expect but all including the chant, "You can all <deleted> off you immigrants, we voted leave". In another clip one "fan" said to a five year old girl who was begging "here's 5 euros now suck my Co*k". This all took place in France. Don't take my word for it, look it up.

If you support these ignorant thugs then that is fine, up to you.

Boon Mee

didn;t realise that you were in the UK.. The newspapers and the news programmes are all showing pictures or clips showing the racist morons taken since the Brexit vote. Also channel 4 has some truly disgusting scenes involving British "so called" football fans in France at the weekend. They were chanting numerous racist rubbish including "if you all hate muslims clap your hands" and "All you immigrants can <deleted> off, we voted leave". One clip showed a "fan" saying to a five year old girl who was begging "Here's 5 euros now su*k my co*k". Don't take my word for it, look it up!

It is not up to Cameron to decide, it is up to Parliament. Parliament has to vote to repeal The European Community Act of 1972 before Article 50 comes into the picture.

That makes no sense, how can you repeal the EC Act before Article 50 when Article 50 does nothing but inform the Union that you plan to leave and only starts the process to terminate the membership. The Act must remain in force until the Union membership ceases to exist.

Edited by bkkcanuck8

Boon Mee

didn;t realise that you were in the UK.. The newspapers and the news programmes are all showing pictures or clips showing the racist morons taken since the Brexit vote. Also channel 4 has some truly disgusting scenes involving British "so called" football fans in France at the weekend. They were chanting numerous racist rubbish including "if you all hate muslims clap your hands" and "All you immigrants can <deleted> off, we voted leave". One clip showed a "fan" saying to a five year old girl who was begging "Here's 5 euros now su*k my co*k". Don't take my word for it, look it up!