What Documents Need Translating?

hi, :o

My fiancee and i are going to apply for a settlement visa for her to come to the UK with me. I need just one quick and simple question answering:

What documents does she need to get translated from Thai to English?

Hope someone can help......

Many thanks

"LucidLucifer"

....on second thoughts, another question:

what's the current waiting time for an interview? also, do all applicants have to have one, my fiancee has had two previous tourist visas issued with no problems, do you think she will need one this time?

thanks again.

Edited by LucidLucifer

My personal feeling is that any documents in Thai should be accompanied by English translations, except her passport and ID card. Anything that makes the ECOs job easier has to help.

You should get any birth, name change, marriage, divorce etc. certificates translated in Thailand anyway. She may need them in certain circumstances in the UK, applying for a NI number for example, and it will be a lot more expensive to get the translations done in the UK.

The visa section try to decide as many applications as possible on the documents alone. If an interview is required the wait depends purely on the demand, she will simply be allocated the next available slot. Current reports suggest that the current wait for a settlement interview is about 5 weeks.