Disabled Brit fears for his life in Thai jail

webfact

This whole story is not right. Who in their right mind would put diamonds into their checked baggage? I know, someone who is either laundering money or wanting to avoid being caught with them, so they don't have to declare them on entry. Insurance scam, I would make the "owner" of the diamonds supply proof that the diamonds were there in the first place?

Check out the "owner" of the diamonds more thoroughly. Something very fishy going on here.

I've got a studded diamond suitcase, does that count?

I wondered where that had gone, you thief. It matched my "diamonds on the soles" shoes!!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming you put 20k of valuables in your suitcase and you are a businesswoman surely the case would have a lock or two? Combination lock and key operated locks built into the suitcase? The Brit guy picks it up by accident later sees his key doesn't work in it and his case never had a combination lock maybe. My guess is he gouged his way into the case, forced it, broke it and after doing that he threw it away. You can't really go back to the airport with it after you have pilfered it.

Something really does not sound right. When did he realise the case was not his? Did he open it? If he did then of course he would not have just thrown it away, especially if it did indeed contain anything valuable such as some diamonds.

If he did not open it and suddenly realised it was the wrong case surely he would want his case with his stuff in it? Why would he not just contact the Airport, make his apologies and retrieve his own belongings?

Something is not right here, his behaviour just does not add up.

This whole story is not right. Who in their right mind would put diamonds into their checked baggage? I know, someone who is either laundering money or wanting to avoid being caught with them, so they don't have to declare them on entry. Insurance scam, I would make the "owner" of the diamonds supply proof that the diamonds were there in the first place?

Check out the "owner" of the diamonds more thoroughly. Something very fishy going on here.

I've got a studded diamond suitcase, does that count?
I wondered where that had gone, you thief. It matched my "diamonds on the soles" shoes!!

And your diamond studded bootie.

:P

It occurs to me that people from Western countries have a long way to go...a lot more to learn about criminal activity, corruption and deceit...suggest some trial runs instead of trying to learn while attempting on-the-job-training...wai2.gif

no smoke without fire, i got a feeling we are not getting all the facts, his poor old mom sees nothing wrong with her boy. his first mistake was marring a Thai lady when he is physically and mentally not a 100%

which of course goes for 90% of those farangs that marry thai ladies dooooooooooooohhhhhh

Or maybe,.......He discovered the wrong bag and thought his wife would handle its return and she chucked it.....after thinking about this I would like to see the bags in question. As a rich Thai has rich bags. .....So he in his diminished capacity manages to realize this isnt his....so the thai contingency decides to go through the bag and finds diamonds and it all goes to hell from there.

Any sane or normal person whould realize that your named in the situation by your lone unclaimed yellow bag.....Maybe he feels he is protecting his wife and is not ratting. who knows.....Is there a Somchai with a new truck? are there pawn shops in the area to investigate....Who are the people claiming stolen diamonds? Are they rich first class passangers?....lots of groundwork would uncover the facts.

Something is wrong here for few reason.

1. Neither any insurance company nor airliners will cover having expensive items in suitcase. They do not even cover a loss of camera, laptop or any other for that matter. And diamond worth 20 000 pound.
  2. If he had so much diamond in the suitcase wouldn't this be a case of smuggling diamond in the country? I think the mother who send this request should actually complain against him as smuggler.
  3. I don't understand why should he get panic and throw away the suitcase. May be there really was so much diamond in the suitcase and he throw the suitcase after taking the diamond.

Well I just hope he get free asap if he is innocent. The mother should look at the case in a much more open mind. Get a proper lawyer who knows the Thai laws inside out.

"...severely disabled after having a large brain tumour removed in 2007. The operation lasted 10 hours and he has been left with limited sight, limited hearing, blurred vision, lack of concentration, blackouts and walks with a wobble. He has also suffered from depression and struggles to cope with everyday life."

Sounds like a perfect catch for a Thai scam artist bride.

Deserves jail, who would just throw away the suitcase, an honest person would return it to the airport.

The owners of the diamonds would have to prove they had diamonds before insurance paid out but why put them in check in luggage,

Something fishy here.

I was on an air Asia flight yesterday, and the tannoy announced that any valuables of over 10,000b must be declared (as well as cash and other things) at Thai customs.

Re. prison: He won't get raped every day, but it won't be long. There are 30-35 guys in a room. As in all prisons, there are Daddies who take or force a younger guy to be a "wife". The younger guy will then get protected and get other benefits. Unfortunately, HIV is pretty rife as well.

Eddy

Im thinking he'll be protected due to his condition. Hurting individuals that are in his state are in line with children. And to those that are bored, there's no link and I've not been in jail.

Nightmare scenario, and there, but for the grace of God, go I. And for those who think they're immune, wait till you're suffering from Alzheimers, you'll be be very glad of the "Nanny State" then.

Nobody puts 20,000 worth of diamonds in a check in suitcase.

He maybe ill but he was perfectly capable of getting on and off the plane, and easily made his way through the long immigration queue to the luggage area and out of the airport.

The story about his jail life is not true, foreigners are left alone unless they are disruptive <deleted>. Yes the food is bad but he can buy food from the prison shop. The sleeping arrangements are normally jam packed in any thai jail, and the sexual abuse rubbish is simply not true because the jail will have lots of ladyboys and gay boys for the thai inmates to play with.

He probably did pick up the wrong suitcase but why not return it and simply claim his own.

I put 20,000 worth of diamonds in my suitcase and this guy stole them..

The guy has gotten a free holiday with the proceeds of stolen diamonds and then gets to stay in a luxury prison at Thai tax payers expense with free food and sex..