Pattaya/Jomtien Retirement Extension Report (Yes Another) w/Foreign National Information Form Bonus

Thanks for the off-season report.

For the form there are better sources tongue.png

http://newscontent.thaivisa.com/2016/06/22/Foreign_National_Information.pdf

(store it on the local disk and fill it with Adobe Reader)

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/926785-controversial-foreign-national-information-form-arrives-in-pattaya-being-rolled-out-nationwide/

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

"My situation is I do the extension with the 800k in the bank and I own my house in a corporate name. The documents I needed were:

Extension Application Form

2 Photos

Bank Letter certifying balance

Pages of Bank Book showing past 3 months entries (and Name page)

Thai DL copy

Copy last months electric bill (to show address. This was easier than last year in that I had to dig up some of my corporate papers to show I was the Director or whatever of my company that owns my house/residence.)

Foreign National Information Form

1900 baht"

No need for passport then, only a Thai DL....

• Like 1

I also went in to Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration on Jomtien Soi 5 this morning - I was number 6 in the queue for retirement extension when they started processing at 8:30am, I was finished by 8:40am - I prepare application and needed documents beforehand and have photos taken at the shop next door - I use Embassy income letter, so no need for bank book or bank letter. For proof of address I used my lease which has my Thai landlord's ID card as part of the lease - I also included a copy of landlord's house book page.

No Information form was given to me to complete or asked for by Immigration Officers (I had downloaded a copy and had it completed, but didn't offer it as I wanted to see if they would ask for it) - I will pick up passport tomorrow after 2pm and do 90 day reporting. Based on my observation this morning, they were not giving anyone the form to fill out.

always ask for Rose, or one of her delegees, to prep the paperwork for whatever you need done at immigration.

Why would I? I'm not too dumb to do the paperwork myself.

Yes. Getting your paperwork organized takes a few minutes. Why would you need someone to help you?

On the other hand, usually when I'm in the queue for the annual renewal of the extension of stay (not a renewal of a visa as the O/P suggests), I inevitably follow someone who hands in a wad of totally disorganized paperwork that takes the (exceedingly patient) immigrations officer that much longer to sort out, so maybe it's a good idea to encourage others to seek help from Rose or anyone else they can find before getting their queue ticket.

To the posters who copy their Thai driving license , why ?

I also noticed that nobody mentions copying all their visa related pages in their passports.

I am not being picky , just curious.

"My situation is I do the extension with the 800k in the bank and I own my house in a corporate name. The documents I needed were:

2 Photos

Thai DL copy

Copy last months electric bill (to show address. This was easier than last year in that I had to dig up some of my corporate papers to show I was the Director or whatever of my company that owns my house/residence.)

1900 baht"

Caught me there...my bad. Yes a valid passport is also required ☺

I went in yesterday at noon (closed until 1:00 unless you want to tip big) to get a re-entry permit. Was given the info form which I filled out as best I could since I don't know my license plate number on my car or where my Thai contact works. I did tell them that I use Facebook and Yahoo.com for e-mail.. I was number 4 in line and was out at 2:00 PM..

Really humorous that you praise Rose for her thoroughness, yet when you went to the desk, you needed to get 4 more copies, of stuff Rose didn't know about.

For getting 95% of it sorted correctly and filling in all the forms and making copies, I still think it's money well spent.

What's interesting is the report of the fella doing the forms himself wasn't asked for the Information Form, while Rose and her crew were completing them. They did take the form, however, and didn't return it back to me.

All in all, a completely painless renewal ?

So, two people went to Jomtien Immigrations for a retirement extension this morning. One person (OMGImInPattaya) got the four-page personal information survey, but the other (soisanuk) didn't? huh.png

Edited by wpcoe

I did my annual (2nd) extension of my visa for retirement purposes at Jomtien immigration this morning. I had Rose at the outside copy service prepare my papers as usual. (Immigration paperwork hack...always ask for Rose, or one of her delegees, to prep the paperwork for whatever you need done at immigration. A very nice and thorough Filipina who's fluent in English. I always tip her 100-200 baht for a great service.)

I do everything myself and tip no one.

All the pre-completed pdf documents are saved on my PC and all I need to do is change the date on them and print them out.

I do the same for re-entry permits and used to do the same for the 90-day reporting, but for the latter a form is no longer required.

Even if I do need photocopies I prefer to get them somewhere that charges 1B or 2B (or less) instead of the massive 5B charged in most farang traps. 5B would be expensive even in the UK.

• Like 1

So, two people went to Jomtien Immigrations for a retirement extension this morning. One person (OMGImInPattaya) got the four-page personal information survey, but the other (soisanuk) didn't? huh.png

Yes. But the person who turned one in didn't say whether they asked for or required that he turn it in. There was a post yesterday where the person was given the form, but they didn't ask for it when he got his extension, so he didn't turn it in.

Yes. But the person who turned one in didn't say whether they asked for or required that he turn it in. There was a post yesterday where the person was given the form, but they didn't ask for it when he got his extension, so he didn't turn it in.

So, it's voluntary? And, they don't offer you the form unless you ask for it? :huh:

2 Photos

Thai DL copy

1900 baht"

I've never given a copy of my Thai DL and to my knowledge it is not a requirement. Have there been some changes since I got my extension last Dec.? Thanks.

2 Photos

Thai DL copy

1900 baht"

I've never given a copy of my Thai DL and to my knowledge it is not a requirement. Have there been some changes since I got my extension last Dec.? Thanks.

No, I do not think it is a requirement but was related to documenting my residence address. As I said, I live in my house, which is held in a corporate name. Therefore, I don't have a lease or rental contract or a landlords housebook to show. I provided a copy of last month's electric bill for my proof of address. He took that and also asked if I had a DL, and when I said I did, he asked for a copy. The DL also has one's address on it (which was verified through the Residence Certificate one had to obtain during the process to obtain the DL).

If you document your address with a rental contract or condo chanote then I'm sure you wouldn't need to provide the DL copies.

• Like 1

always ask for Rose, or one of her delegees, to prep the paperwork for whatever you need done at immigration.

Why would I? I'm not too dumb to do the paperwork myself.

Probably meant for those few not quite so bright as you.

The OP writes, "I also obtained a copy of the 3-page now infamous Foreign National Information Form," Does that mean you asked someone for a copy of the form? If so, who did you ask? Why did you? Did Immigration at any time ask you for or give you a copy of the now infamous Foreign National Information form?

Is this a requirement being promulgated at Jomtien only by people who read Thai Visa and get their paperwork done by Rose?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Edited by Scotwight

I also went in to Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration on Jomtien Soi 5 this morning - I was number 6 in the queue for retirement extension when they started processing at 8:30am, I was finished by 8:40am - I prepare application and needed documents beforehand and have photos taken at the shop next door - I use Embassy income letter, so no need for bank book or bank letter. For proof of address I used my lease which has my Thai landlord's ID card as part of the lease - I also included a copy of landlord's house book page.

No Information form was given to me to complete or asked for by Immigration Officers (I had downloaded a copy and had it completed, but didn't offer it as I wanted to see if they would ask for it) - I will pick up passport tomorrow after 2pm and do 90 day reporting. Based on my observation this morning, they were not giving anyone the form to fill out.

Strange i went to Jom Chien about 11am this morning for my 90day and noticed everyone was handed the new forms at the front desk, but apparently you only have to fill the forms in one time, as i was told by one of the young ladies behind the desk,after that it's back to normal.

Strange i went to Jom Chien about 11am this morning for my 90day and noticed everyone was handed the new forms at the front desk, but apparently you only have to fill the forms in one time, as i was told by one of the young ladies behind the desk,after that it's back to normal.

How would they know? Do you think they keep the forms and enter them in a computer?biggrin.png

I did my annual (2nd) extension of my visa for retirement purposes at Jomtien immigration this morning. I had Rose at the outside copy service prepare my papers as usual. (Immigration paperwork hack...always ask for Rose, or one of her delegees, to prep the paperwork for whatever you need done at immigration. A very nice and thorough Filipina who's fluent in English. I always tip her 100-200 baht for a great service.)

All the pre-completed pdf documents are saved on my PC and all I need to do is change the date on them and print them out.

I do the same for re-entry permits and used to do the same for the 90-day reporting, but for the latter a form is no longer required.

Even if I do need photocopies I prefer to get them somewhere that charges 1B or 2B (or less) instead of the massive 5B charged in most farang traps. 5B would be expensive even in the UK.

Exactly what I do, though if I had forgotten to copy something (at home), I would just pop across to the shop and get it done in a minute or two.

Alan

Thanks for the off-season report.

For the form there are better sources tongue.png

http://newscontent.thaivisa.com/2016/06/22/Foreign_National_Information.pdf

(store it on the local disk and fill it with Adobe Reader)

..fantastic..thanks very much 'kb' for that..any other forms like that please send...is it easy to do in AR?

Not my merits!

Just searched and copied from another thread.

Just filled some line with Adobe Reader DC, saved under new name, reopened. OK.

Exactly what I do, though if I had forgotten to copy something (at home), I would just pop across to the shop and get it done in a minute or two.

Alan

You both can pat yourselves on the back for saving a hundred baht and 2-3 baht per page copy. These savings should make for a wild nite on the town ?

2 Photos

Thai DL copy

1900 baht"

Departure Card

Edited by Jiggo

2 Photos

Thai DL copy

1900 baht"

Departure Card

That's included (stapled) in the passport...at least with mine it is ?

Yes, at Map Tha Put they want a copy of every Thai visa in your passport every time you extend. God knows what for since they're the ones who issued them and have all the applications etc. Have often been tempted to ask them where they keep all this paperwork and how, if ever, they can go back and check old documents. Would take a staff of thousands and a huge warehouse.

• Like 1

Yes, at Map Tha Put they want a copy of every Thai visa in your passport every time you extend. God knows what for since they're the ones who issued them and have all the applications etc. Have often been tempted to ask them where they keep all this paperwork and how, if ever, they can go back and check old documents. Would take a staff of thousands and a huge warehouse.

I put 8 years on one sheet of paper. I got a new passport 3 years ago and now they only get 3 years of visas. BTW how long did it take you to get an extension at MapThaPut? 6 or 7 minutes per year?