Tracking Postal Items in Thailand posted from Overseas

stament

Something has been posted from Singapore using their postsl system. I can see on the Singapore post website it has arrived in Thailand but I am unable to track it in Thailand using the Thai post system as it doesn't recognise the number.

Does all tracking stop once a foreign postal item enters Thailand or is there a way to track it?

Thanks

stament,

All of my items which have been sent through postal tracking from USA, Japan, and Europe have tracked to delivery through ThaiPost.

It takes time to process in Bangkok it seems - not a lot of time, but 1 or 2 days at times. Sometimes these items could be in Customs. I have seen tracking show in Customs, but most times it does not show and it tracks faster.

It has been a while since I ordered anything from Singapore, but I think they tracked as well.

For myself, tracking through ThaiPost has been much more reliable than through the US Postal system.

"it doesn't recognise the number"

are you saying it is showing no such number or just not in the system? if the former then you may be missing a digit or the TH at the end? if the latter, then wait a couple of days as has been said, once it hits Bangkok there can be 2 days before it is entered in the system.

"it doesn't recognise the number"

are you saying it is showing no such number or just not in the system? if the former then you may be missing a digit or the TH at the end? if the latter, then wait a couple of days as has been said, once it hits Bangkok there can be 2 days before it is entered in the system.

If it was posted in Singapore, think the last letters should be SG, google tracking Thai mail

and find Grasshopper,i find that's the best tracker to use.

regards worgeordie

It would be SG at the end, not TH, surely. But I agree with previous posters that the Thai postal tracking system is very good, whether the item is incoming or outgoing.

that's what i meant...was just using TH as an example. sorry for the confusion...

I had something delivered a couple of days ago and it tracked all the way from the UK to Hua Hin. The point of entry in Thailand usually shows up as 'Lak Si' and you can see it move around from there.

This is only the case if you specifically pay for international tracking as opposed to 'tracked'. I have no idea how it works when sending from Singapore.

As others have said there is usually a several day wait before it enters the Thai postal system, presumably as it clears customs.

Before this particular item entered the Thai system the tracking letters/number were accepted into the tracking system but nothing was found. The number wasn't rejected but it sent me to a page which had something like 'no details' and a 'BACK' button at the bottom.

I had something delivered a couple of days ago and it tracked all the way from the UK to Hua Hin. The point of entry in Thailand usually shows up as 'Lak Si' and you can see it move around from there.

This is only the case if you specifically pay for international tracking as opposed to 'tracked'. I have no idea how it works when sending from Singapore.

As others have said there is usually a several day wait before it enters the Thai postal system, presumably as it clears customs.

Before this particular item entered the Thai system the tracking letters/number were accepted into the tracking system but nothing was found. The number wasn't rejected but it sent me to a page which had something like 'no details' and a 'BACK' button at the bottom.

everything used to always go to Lak Si first but that changed during the time of the protests. i think the building came under fire. now, most of the time the point of entry is the new unit they built at Suvarnabhumi. some things still go to Lak Si but not much.

Glad I ran across this thread. I've been waiting patiently for a smal package from USA. It's been "in transit" for 15 days now ... here's the info. How do I track it in Thailand ??? When I use grasshopper it says "item not found"

USPS Tracking® Tracking Number: LJxxxxxxxxxUS
in-transit
Product & Tracking Information

Postal Product: Features: Small Packet

June 14, 2016 , 4:13 pm Acceptance GLENDALE, AZ 85302

June 14, 2016 , 5:47 pm Departed Post Office GLENDALE, AZ 85302

June 16, 2016 , 10:31 am Arrived at USPS Facility LOS ANGELES, CA 90009

Date & Time June 16, 2016 , 9:01 pm

Status of Item Departed USPS Facility

Location LOS ANGELES, CA 90009

Your item departed our USPS facility in LOS ANGELES, CA 90009 on June 16, 2016 at 9:01 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Edited by carken

everything used to always go to Lak Si first but that changed during the time of the protests. i think the building came under fire. now, most of the time the point of entry is the new unit they built at Suvarnabhumi. some things still go to Lak Si but not much.

Well Royal Mail tracked post goes through Lak Si as of last week, this is what it looks like in the Thai tracking system when it arrives :

post-44895-0-36409100-1467295291_thumb.j

Well Royal Mail tracked post goes through Lak Si as of last week, this is what it looks like in the Thai tracking system when it arrives :

attachicon.gifthai-mail-tracking.jpg

What's "Royal Mail" ? ... from UK?

where can I track mail from USPS (USA) in Thai system?

attachicon.gifthai-mail-tracking.jpg

What's "Royal Mail" ? ... from UK?

where can I track mail from USPS (USA) in Thai system?

Thailand post tracker is here

Once mail from the US has cleared Thai Customs and has been entered in the Thai postal tracking system, it will be trackable on the above link using the original USPS tracking number.

US mail is not tracked once it leaves the country unless you pay for Priority Mail Express International I believe. They used to offer international tracking on their cheaper service but they don't any longer. Bit of a rip off considering the ridiculous amounts they charge.

(The Royal Mail in the UK is quite obviously the United Kingdom's mail service)

Edited by Mark123456

Actually, I think Priority Mail International is supposed to have international tracking as well but I'm pretty sure this is the one I tried a couple of years ago and although the package turned up in good time, there was no tracking at all once it left the USA. The fact that some vendors give you the customs declaration number instead of the tracking number doesn't help of course.

Well guys I've tried all the sites you have so patiently suggested

No luck ... keeps comin' up "item not found"

Thank everyone who has tried to help me, I appresiate your efforts

Lator Gator

post-116824-0-61737800-1467404022_thumb.

Edited by carken

Well guys I've tried all the sites you have so patiently suggested

No luck ... keeps comin' up "item not found"

Thank everyone who has tried to help me, I appresiate your efforts

Lator Gator

first of all, you need to be more patient. package was only sent 16 June. 2nd, that tracking number beginning with LJ i believe is not a trackable package anyway. that is the same kind of number on a package i ordered from the states a couple of months ago. took 6 weeks to get here as even though it was a U.S. number it was actually posted from Zurich Switzerland (had U.S. P.O. label on it - never seen that before). when i could not track it, the vendor told me i should have asked for Registered post @ US $12.00. the number provided is not an international trackable number.