Priority direct mail

Berty100

I'm looking to order a small electronic item from an Ecommerce site abroad.

I have the choice between flat rate shipping which will take 7 - 25 days and priority direct mail which will take 8 -10 days and is preformed by Kerry express. Both are free.

From experience I know that the flat rate shipping will come in under the radar, and there will be no import duties charged, but how about Kerry Express.

It's a known fact that if shipping by DHL, Fedex or the like, your chances on not paying import duties are very limited.

Does Kerry Express belongs in the same category as the other couriers, regarding import facilities, or is this one more relaxed?

Anyone experience with receiving items from abroad through Kerry Express?

Edited by Berty100

Bickering removed.

If you have nothing positive to contribute, show some restraint and move on.

If you have the information requested to assist the OP, by all means contribute, but its about the topic NOT the poster.

Thank you.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

All I can say mate is if it's important then go with the tried and true.

If not give them a go and give some feed back.

I've never used Kerry never heard of them but I had important documents that had to go back and forth and used fed ex and had no probs.

Good luck.

Kerry has a large base in Laem Chabang, and probably elsewhere in Thailand, since Lazada also uses Kerry for their COD.

My question is not so much about reliability, but rather about import duties.

I know for a fact that the item I bought will 99% be delivered without duties charged if sent by regular post, and also that it will be almost impossible to avoid those duties if I select DHL or Fedex.

Though with priority mail, which is automatically by Kerry Express from this supplier, I can save up to 2 weeks in delivery time. If Kerry works the same as DHL regarding import duties, it is of course not worth the time saved.

So if anyone has experience by receiving items from abroad, delivered by Kerry, it could give me an indication what to expect.

• 2 weeks later...

Kerry is Huge in Hong Kong

Looks like Kerry is a huge DISORGANIZED company.

I ordered the item on June 30 and it was dispatched on July 2 and received tracking number and picture of the package.

Since July 4 it shows as being at the Shenzen international hub on a particular Kerry express tracking site, but it doesn't show at all on the Main Kerry Express tracking site. Anyway the package hasn't moved since July 4.

I contacted Kerry Express Thailand by phone and they don't find any trace of the tracking number, in short it isn't in their system, but it shows on one of their websites as being motionless in Shenzen.facepalm.gif

I send them an email through their website, but the email keeps bouncing with the message the mail box is full and can not accept anymore messages.

The latter says a lot about the amount of complaints they receive in my opinion.

• 5 months later...
On 7/9/2016 at 10:54 AM, Berty100 said:

Looks like Kerry is a huge DISORGANIZED company.

I ordered the item on June 30 and it was dispatched on July 2 and received tracking number and picture of the package.

Since July 4 it shows as being at the Shenzen international hub on a particular Kerry express tracking site, but it doesn't show at all on the Main Kerry Express tracking site. Anyway the package hasn't moved since July 4.

I contacted Kerry Express Thailand by phone and they don't find any trace of the tracking number, in short it isn't in their system, but it shows on one of their websites as being motionless in Shenzen.facepalm.gif

I send them an email through their website, but the email keeps bouncing with the message the mail box is full and can not accept anymore messages.

The latter says a lot about the amount of complaints they receive in my opinion.

Useless company. Tracking doesn't work, by the time it's updated you already have the package. They always call to ask where they have to deliver the package. I always refer to the condo name and address on the parcel and the answer is always that the parcel is in the back of the truck and they don't want to take it out. They just have a list with a street name and a phone number. It's on a main 6 lane road in Bangkok so it's really easy to find. I prefer them to just drop it of at our reception. I had a package with food from phuket to bangkok floating around their system for a week before they send it back. according to the tracking system they called me 3 times and I didn't pick up but the sender forgot to write down my phone number so the actually never called. Useless company