Amazing Thailand - tourists get in on the hanging wire act

webfact

Guests in Thailand should mind their own business and make no negative comments on line about Thailand.

Go back to your home country and point your finger at all the Immigration and financial problems!

I really miss common sense...

If Thailand had common sense there wouldn't be any comments.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can an informed person tell us what exactly they all are? 3 required for 3 phase power transmission. Are there lots of phone lines? Are they needed?

Yes electricity is usually at the top of the pole, and in any civilized country with a minimum of 1 meter should be all the other services like

telephone, fiber optics, cable tv, but here in Thailand they don't have any standard so no. 1 reason for this mess and often seen fires, no. 2

problem is left over cabling from older technology that the company's don't want to pay to remove, and when a customer cancels or moves a service

the company should remove the wire but they don't, so if the next customer decides to take another company for his service they just install another

wire and leave the old one there s it becomes a mess.

And in the US and Canada we have connection points every 2 or 3 poles to limit the length and number of wires coming from the same pole, here

they often have to run wires for hundreds of meters.

Hope this helps a bit.

Why's the walrus pointing at a lamp post?

I thought wires were the issue here . . .

If seven maids with seven mops

Swept it for half a year.

Do you suppose," the Walrus said,

"That they could get it clear?"

"I doubt it," said the Carpenter,

And shed a bitter tear.

the last time on was on Koh Samui there was no electricity. There wasn't much of anything actually. No real roads, no airport, no shops, no hotels ......... Just Bamboo huts scattered among the treeline along the beach.

I always stayed at 'First Bungalow' Chaweng beach.

Yes, for those who may ask, It was 'Paradise' then.

Wouldn't waste my time today. Wires or no wires.

View of Chaweng Beach Xmas 84

attachicon.gifchawengsamuixmas84.jpg

OMG...miss those days...I wasn't even there that early but 'late' in 1999 and could stay in OP Bungalow or further down in Charlie's Hut for $60/month...Cheweng only had a small section of cement road and that was about it. Ninja Crepes was just in it's infancy...Anyway it's off topic but you stoked a bit of nostalgia.

555 ! It's, as wrote M Bill Gates, the same everywhere in SE Asia ;

in my Amphoe in Issan, Sawang Daen Din

21462608001_98b442208b_b.jpg

But the worst I have seen is in Vientiane - Laos in november 2015 ;

same place, in front of True coffee clap2.gif

22934831575_f88c3869b2_b.jpg

22945959951_e6af81d715_b.jpg

Guests in Thailand should mind their own business and make no negative comments on line about Thailand.

Go back to your home country and point your finger at all the Immigration and financial problems!

I really miss common sense...

I would guess it becomes your business when you are electrocuted by faulty wiring, when your property is damaged or when you are charged more for electricity because so much of it is stolen. Seems like common sense to me.

I thought wires were the issue here . . . wink.png

the issue is the foreigner, him and bill gates bringing bad publicity to beautiful and pristine thailand. why wont these pesky foreigners stop ruining thailands image? wonder if they will try to jail bill gates for defamation.

Until another 17 children die because of wiring, street wiring will never change until a so called IMPORTANT person dies. Good luck!

I lived in Patong and seen many times during rain the transformers explode and you can hear the crackling sound when the wires get wet.

In the UK we have had a problem with people digging up cables to steal the copper and now I believe fibre optics, its expensive stuff.

So, we just need to send a message to a few forums in the UK that the copper wires and fibre optics are hanging from the poles in the streets for all to see.. They will here in force and within a month cables will be gone, voila!

I thought wires were the issue here . . . wink.png

the issue is the foreigner, him and bill gates bringing bad publicity to beautiful and pristine thailand. why wont these pesky foreigners stop ruining thailands image? wonder if they will try to jail bill gates for defamation.

I would love to see that, even the threat of that. I think Bill Gates has more money then Thailand right?

But not matter what he says they will never, ever dare speak out against one of the richest men in the World.

And one of my favourite ways to deal with a bunch of wires where you want a structure -- this police box at the corner of Sukhumvit and Thepraset in Pattaya.

14225208229_b2193f1cea_o.jpg

this wins hands down......submit it to the photograph of the month thread!

I got electrocuted in 2012 when touching the railing of an overpass at Sukhumvit Soi 20 (Asok). Luckely my friend pulled me off and I survived. In an ambulance to Bangkok hospital for checking up what took 3 days. Cost over 100,000 THB. Pressed charges but haven't heard anything yet.

'poor internet capability in many countries including Thailand'............Thailand shits all over Australia for infrastructure.Gates is full of bullshit.

How true they had the line on (new one ) in a few days as they were busy & hung maybe 500m of cable also fixed a fault within a day of calling

Then all of a sudden Telco companies were swarming the place

Auss would still be thinking about it

Who are these people or countries to tell others there way is no good (up to them )

So the so called first world countries IE Auss where i pay thousands above my taxes for what (government ran services) in a first world country

& thailand not a problem rock up & pay half the price at private institutes

They put the wires underground on beach road Pattaya and some of Chaing Mai .They had a special machine to bore under the walkways in some locations. .In Chaing Mai the flower festival floats always took ages to navigate the low slung wiring .It really makes a difference to have the wires underground but must be difficult to coordinate with all the service providers involved and heavy traffic.

And one of my favourite ways to deal with a bunch of wires where you want a structure -- this police box at the corner of Sukhumvit and Thepraset in Pattaya.

Hahaha you won't see this in the west, amazing Thailand, I love it.

a bit like the footpaths that were built down the road where I live, they sort of leveled the dirt, (no compacting) poured 5 cm concrete over it then put down pavers... look great, and good to walk on,,,, BUT as soon as a truck backed over it, it sunk 100 mm or more, broke up and now a year later there are more broken pavers than not !! but I still love it living here.. no thoughts to go back to NZ, where all wires are buried and footpaths are perfect !!

Hahaha you won't see this in the west, amazing Thailand, I love it.

a bit like the footpaths that were built down the road where I live, they sort of leveled the dirt, (no compacting) poured 5 cm concrete over it then put down pavers... look great, and good to walk on,,,, BUT as soon as a truck backed over it, it sunk 100 mm or more, broke up and now a year later there are more broken pavers than not !! but I still love it living here.. no thoughts to go back to NZ, where all wires are buried and footpaths are perfect !!

I love it how they don't even bother to cut off the excess wiring, and just curl it up and hang it with the rest of the mess.

Actually Thais are smarter then some foreigners, just imagine they made all the wires on the correct size and one gets damaged. With no excess wiring they would have to either put in new wires or make 2 connection points (always worse as one) instead of one.

So some excess wire neatly curled up with a cable tie (that is what i have seen in our moo bahn) makes sense.