Inner tubes for low profile tyres.

Never seen tubes for low profile tires. I heard putting an inner tube in a radial tire is dangerous. You might google it to find out why. Invest in some run flat tires as they have an inner liner that you can drive on in case you have a flat.

Never seen tubes for low profile tires. I heard putting an inner tube in a radial tire is dangerous. You might google it to find out why. Invest in some run flat tires as they have an inner liner that you can drive on in case you have a flat.

Googled it and if the tube is designed for it then there is no problem. Bikes with wire spoke wheels run with tubes as will my car, wire spokes that is.

A few companies in US and UK do them but I just wanted to know if there was a known supplier in LOS that anyone knew of.

Need to what ?

I thought the question was pretty obvious, but why put inner tubes in low profile tyres?

Because they are not standard alloy wheels but have spokes like a bike and the air goes out through the spoke holes and threads. They get taped to protect the tube from the end of the spkes but it isn't really 100% air tight.

post-98036-0-19512000-1467362653_thumb.j

Edited by overherebc