Are the European Teachers like the Filipinos were 10 years ago?

I spoke to four school principles who told me that they'll never ever employ Filipinos again, because all they made was bad experiences.

I believe a lot of Filipinos have an inferiority complex whereby they are very friendly to caucasians but look down on other SE Asians.

This could be due to Spanish colonization where they were treated very poorly and likely brain-washed into believing Anglo/Euro exceptionalism.

No, they are generally speaking not friendly to Caucasians. They're only friendly to them when they know that they might need them and to cover up some bad language skills they might have.

They look down to Africans, even when it's a colored native American. I had to interview a female Filipino with a BA in Spanish. Happy to try my Spanish skills, I told her a short sentence and waited for her smile.

"Buenos Dias. Uno grande cerveza per favore, Senorita." Unfortunately, she didn't understand a word. A great university., or a not real degree?

But my Spanish is understood in Spain and in Mexico. Your last sentence doesn't make sense at all.

The Filipina you mention may have thought what an immature person you were asking for a beer during a job interview; and judging from the poor spelling and sentence structure, most likely asking in poorly accented Spanish.

Only female's are "liked". It fills the void created due to lack of native English speaking females. They are taking the positions normally filled by Filipinos but with that said, most of the "jobs" are now being filled with Filipinos. The "farang" is being phased out. He's not worth all the complaints he makes and aggravation the VISA etc. creates. A subservient Filipino is worth more than two complaining farangs.

To be so naive and throw all the Ex- iron curtain communist ones, with their still very bad educational systems in the same pot with some well educated guys from the first world, only shoes that your geographic skills are in no way better than all the other Asians' in general.

This is complete rubbish. I guess you have no knowledge of education in ex-iron curtain countries. I can assure you that in Hungary and Belarus the average 16 year old is better educated than the average 16 year old from Western Europe. Just do some research. The much greater hours of schooling each year alone puts them well ahead.

Been unable to access the site for about a week...

As for the personal questions, personal attacks, name calling, and all the other childlike replies, well just stuff em. I'm not here to talk about myself and most educated people have no interest in talking about me or learning. I'm basically ignoring your inquiry about Bruce. Enjoy your upcoming holiday. Spend some money. Stop living on a pittance. You only live once. Those Eastern European women hired as teachers are usually cold as ice, not former street hookers in Pattaya or Ukraine. They don't even apply make up correctly or is it just cheap make up?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived