Youtube to AVI

kurd

Hi.

Can anybody recommend a free converter from Youtube to AVI which can be downloaded onto usb and watched on tv?

Have been bouncing around google search but can't seem to find one thats not just a free trial or simple to use.

Thanks.

Questions:

Are you asking about a converter only or about downloading or downloading and converting?

Can your TV only handle AVI (container) format?

The youtube downloaders that I know will create an *.mp4 file (container).

And within the downloaded files the high quality videos use a "H264" video codec and "MPEG AAC" audio.
(qualities above Full HD will use other codes which don't play well even with my current PC SW)

If your TV can not handle that you would need a real converter (to another codec).

Whats the model number of the TV?

For downloading I just recently installed "Ummy Video Downloader".

I am stunned that it "eats all" in a one click download.
It saves all known formats up to 4k.
No problems with full HD, ADP etc.

But as other standalone downloaders it will produce an mp4 file.

Just converting (copy) from mp4 to avi would be an easy second step.

http://videodownloader.ummy.net/

A screenshot from my PC (459 MB for 3:40min of 4k gigglem.gif ):

post-99794-0-22713600-1467361885_thumb.j

Edited by KhunBENQ

There are loads of free video format converters online but with most of them after conversion the quality is crap and doubt they would be good enough for comfortable viewing on a TV.

I don't share this opinion.

I can download any youtube video in any available quality as described in post #7.

I can convert from mp4 to avi container without loss using avidemux in "Copy" mode (http://avidemux.sourceforge.net/).

For real codec conversion I use XMediaRecode (http://www.xmedia-recode.de/en/index.html).

The program has excellent functionality but the user interface is somewhat complex, requires some learning/reading help.

The thread is dead anyway as the OP does not come back, no feedback.

Waste of time (which I fortunately have) wink.png

• 6 months later...
15 hours ago, Chicog said:

Try Free Download Manager.

Looks interesting. I cannot get it to download numerous Youtubes tho. Keeps giving error:

Parsing failure: Couldn't start downloading HTML 5 Player JS (deciphering)

Thing I liked about http://youtubedownloader.com/ was it downloaded videos to quality small size mp4 and also converted videos to mp3 on the fly which was useful for music. I got a reply from them saying I simply had not used latest vesrion, but I have, it was their app that auto updates to latest version. Cannot follow up more as I am using free version, will just wait for a future update.

I now use dvdvideosoft's Free Youtube Downloader that handles mp3 output OK, but it is poor for videos so I use Midrey Youtube downloader for videos. 

37 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Looks interesting. I cannot get it to download numerous Youtubes tho. Keeps giving error:

Parsing failure: Couldn't start downloading HTML 5 Player JS (deciphering)

Worked my way around this error I think. Looks promising now so I'll probably switch to it. Does audio as well in m4a so thanks for the heads up!

1 hour ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Worked my way around this error I think. Looks promising now so I'll probably switch to it. Does audio as well in m4a so thanks for the heads up!

Since I've never had it and others might, do post your solution.

4 hours ago, Chicog said:

Since I've never had it and others might, do post your solution.

Not sure if this works for everyone, but all I did was go to FDM settings and check on Browser Integration (it is default off). I use Firefox. Then when I downloaded from Youtube stream started in Firefox, FDM did not give the error anymore for me.

3 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Not sure if this works for everyone, but all I did was go to FDM settings and check on Browser Integration (it is default off). I use Firefox. Then when I downloaded from Youtube stream started in Firefox, FDM did not give the error anymore for me.

Well Robert appears to be your Uncle.

:smile:

6 hours ago, drake said:

Alternative with Windows 10, u can record anything on Screen (except Skype) with Windows + g Keys. Recorded in \Videos\Captures as mp4

If you have the required minimum hardware requirements (graphics card) for this.

I don't have.

On 03/02/2017 at 2:44 PM, drake said:

Alternative with Windows 10, u can record anything on Screen (except Skype) with Windows + g Keys. Recorded in \Videos\Captures as mp4

Needs to be minimum below apparently, I don't have either.

(https://www.bing.com/search?q=what+are+the+pc+system+requirements+to+record+game+clips+in+the+xbox+app&filters=guid:"8e26c45f-4013-44b8-84bb-7fd31fa6062a" lang:"en-us"&form=S00028)

• You don’t need any special hardware for game screenshots. To record game video, your PC needs to have one of these video cards:
    • AMD: AMD Radeon HD 7700 series, HD 7700M series, HD 8500 series, HD 8500M series, R9 series, and R7 series or later. 
    • NVIDIA: GeForce 600 series or later, GeForce 800M series or later, Quadro Kxxx series or later. 
    • Intel: Intel HD graphics 4200 or later, Intel Iris Graphics 5100 or later.
  • To check which kind of video card you have, in the search box on the taskbar type Device Manager. In Device Manager, expand Display adapters.