The armed forces and transgender soldiers

When conscription time comes around in Thailand the new recruits are selected by ballot . In the past transgender people where excused acceptance and given a medical certificate with a non flattering comment as to their unsuitability to join the armed forces.

Now the united states army allows transgender people to enlist. I wonder if the Thai army will follow this idea and open a recruiting office for lady-boys who perhaps where disappointed not to be accepted last time .

I'm not sure but if I was them then I wouldn't get to cocky as they would probally get the bullet and end up being the butt of a lot of jokes.

Sorry I didn't want to go off half cocked and trigger any jokes but I feel they are looking down the barrel as the government has them in their sights.

I think will just shoot through as I haven't the calibre to answer this question.?

Instead of ' Fall IN ' I wonder what the Sergeant Majors command to new recruits will be. biggrin.png

dont follow that one what might you suggest

Well this is farang pub etc but to post my thoughts may offend so work it out for yourself. whistling.gif

Since the U.S. military removed the "Don't Ask Don't Tell" policy not much has changed. Instead of being kicked out for being gay you are kicked out for sexual harassment. The military has just changed the wording. If you run down the hallway with a strap-on yelling "Give it to me Sir!" you will still get kicked out.