Critics round on Boris Johnson after Gove wields Brexit knife

webfact

The more I think of it the more I se Gove as a plant for the Remain and was a Chameleon waiting to strike if needed and did he! Supporting Johnson all the way, right to the end and 5 minutes before 'pulling the plug' is not only suspicious but spineless. As Education minister he was the worst minister ever. He has always been a friend of Cameron and will continue to be. Even though he won't be prime minister I expect him to get a top post from Theresa may who I believe will win nor Johnson is out of the race. These political parties and the ruling establishment do not just back one side. They always have a plan B and Michael Gove was just that. Another sad turn display for politics.

As one positive for me, is that I hope the people of the UK, can see through this charade. The rise of UKIP could happen because of this blatant 'Benny Hill show'.

Not going to happen.

People in the main are either apolitical or they are too deeply entrenched in their favoured party to see past the end of their noses.

Party Politics is a method of dividing the masses. Works perfectly, especially in the UK.

As I mention Sgt, I am Hoping, but not expecting. you have a point about dividing the masses and new labour is really old conservatives. There is a small but progressive political shift and 4 million people voted for that, at the last general election.

It is worthy thought, but it will not happen.

Those with their noses deeply entrenched in the gravy train will not allow it.

I think I have made my position very clear. The complete political system in the UK is a very bad joke, but it will not be changing.

You are trying to justify your ludicrous statement that 95% of all politicians are clowns when they were elected into office by the voters. So all all you can do is go around in circles trying to justify that stupid statement. If 95% of politicians are clowns.

I am not trying to justify anything. I made a statement that I believe 95% of UK politicians are clowns.

If you wish to refute that, go right ahead and refute it providing examples of why you refute it.

I am not disputing that they are elected by the voters. The voters can only vote for who is put on the ballot paper, they do not get a '' None of the above '' option.

Further proof, if any were needed that the complete political system in the UK needs shredding and started again.

Another ludicrous statement from you. You are not forced to make a choice in any election in fact there is nothing stopping anyone standing themselves as an independent. It is the usual practice that anyone making a positive assertion needs to back it up with some facts. You made the assertion that 95% of politicians are clowns with absolutely nothing to back up that statement. However like many on here fond of making nonsensical statements long lists of unsubstantiated claims etc you then ask others do that for you.

I already backed it up in my previous post.

The 5 candidates vying for the Tory Leader position and the keys to number 10 are ALL party to scandals that should mean that they should be nowhere near politics.

I hardly need to provide a comprehensive list of all politicians that come into that bracket.

I neither have the time or inclination to do so. The list would be very long.

You will have to excuse me for having principles and believing that politicians should be beyond reproach.

Well for a start you haven't given us any indication as to who belongs in the 5% I am sure that cant be that long a list and now you indicated 5 people out of 600 plus MPs and you somehow think that justifies your statement that 95% of politicians are clowns.Not only that but being a clown and being unfit for office I would suggest are two different things.

I called Boris and Gove clowns and I can quite easily produce the ludicrous contradictory statements they have made just recently to justify that. Gove his statements on becoming leader etc and Johnson his contradictory statements on the EU.

I don't know what planet you live on, politicians beyond reproach we are talking about politics. Just try and name one politician ever who was beyond reproach. Even the Church doesn't manage that.

Another ludicrous statement from you. You are not forced to make a choice in any election in fact there is nothing stopping anyone standing themselves as an independent. It is the usual practice that anyone making a positive assertion needs to back it up with some facts. You made the assertion that 95% of politicians are clowns with absolutely nothing to back up that statement. However like many on here fond of making nonsensical statements long lists of unsubstantiated claims etc you then ask others do that for you.

The 5 candidates vying for the Tory Leader position and the keys to number 10 are ALL party to scandals that should mean that they should be nowhere near politics.

I hardly need to provide a comprehensive list of all politicians that come into that bracket.

You will have to excuse me for having principles and believing that politicians should be beyond reproach.

Well for a start you haven't given us any indication as to who belongs in the 5% I am sure that cant be that long a list and now you indicated 5 people out of 600 plus MPs and you somehow think that justifies your statement that 95% of politicians are clowns.Not only that but being a clown and being unfit for office I would suggest are two different things.

I called Boris and Gove clowns and I can quite easily produce the ludicrous contradictory statements they have made just recently to justify that. Gove his statements on becoming leader etc and Johnson his contradictory statements on the EU.

I don't know what planet you live on, politicians beyond reproach we are talking about politics. Just try and name one politician ever who was beyond reproach. Even the Church doesn't manage that.

Are you RuamRuddy is disguise ?

Yep I thought we wouldn't get any further. Politicians beyond reproach one of the funniest things I have heard in years. However its nice to see an optimist who thinks one such person has ever existed in the history of mankind.

What a stitch-up! Boris clearly never wanted to become PM and do Cameron's dirty work of trying to negotiate a decent Brexit deal. Nor does Gove. He's just a stalking horse to smooth Teresa May's path to Downing Street.

May is a staunch Europhile who campaigned for the Reman side. She does not believe Britain can achieve an exit deal which will limit the number of EU immigrants coming to the UK.

Yet if she becomes PM, she will lead the negotiations.

I feel for the Brexiters. The may have won a famous battle, but they look like losing the war.

Yep I thought we wouldn't get any further. Politicians beyond reproach one of the funniest things I have heard in years. However its nice to see an optimist who thinks one such person has ever existed in the history of mankind.

All I can say is thank < > I do not move in your circles.

Well I am still waiting for you to name one these these fictional characters, "a politician beyond reproach".

What a stitch-up! Boris clearly never wanted to become PM and do Cameron's dirty work of trying to negotiate a decent Brexit deal. Nor does Gove. He's just a stalking horse to smooth Teresa May's path to Downing Street.

May is a staunch Europhile who campaigned for the Reman side. She does not believe Britain can achieve an exit deal which will limit the number of EU immigrants coming to the UK.

I feel for the Brexiters. The may have won a famous battle, but they look like losing the war.

"What a stitch-up! Boris clearly never wanted to become PM " I gather that's sarcasm or is it irony?

Well I am still waiting for you to name one these these fictional characters, "a politician beyond reproach".

Another one who has reading comprehension problems, or are you just an oil regulation gauge ?

This does not say I could name any, it very clearly says I believe they should be.

Another one who has reading comprehension problems, or are you just an oil regulation gauge ?

This does not say I could name any, it very clearly says I believe they should be.

Ducking and diving, "politicians beyond reproach" you cannot name any and the reason is there is no such animal and never will be. Those of use who live on planet earth deal in reality. That is why I described Boris and Gove as clowns and the present crop of contenders vying for the leadership of the Tory party I wouldn't expect to be saints or they would hardly be in politics. As for expecting them to be "beyond reproach" what a joke. Do come back anytime you can name one.

Ducking and diving, "politicians beyond reproach" you cannot name any and the reason is there is no such animal and never will be. Those of use who live on planet earth deal in reality. That is why I described Boris and Gove as clowns and the present crop of contenders vying for the leadership of the Tory party I wouldn't expect to be saints or they would hardly be in politics. As for expecting them to be "beyond reproach" what a joke. Do come back anytime you can name one.

Are you mentally challenged ?

Try reading and comprehending what I have posted.

1. I have already said I believe 95% of UK Politicians are clowns including Gove and Johnson.

2. I have already highlighted in a previous post that the 5 currently running for the keys of No 10 should not even be in Politics never mind running for the top job due to previous incompetence or scandal.

3. Why is it a joke, that public figures, including Politicians, that are paid via taxpayer funds should be beyond reproach ? Being saints and been neck deep in scandals are not one and the same. How < f***ing > sad that you deem this to be acceptable.

IF and WHEN you sort out your reading and comprehension problem, feel free to come back to me.

Until then adios

It is my opinion that that slag Johnson was gambling on a Remain outcome and looking to cash in his chips after, but instead it turned out to be a case of 'We've won!!! Sh!t...'

Boris is a pathetic public schoolboy, who should never be allowed into politics as long as he lives , disgusting that Cameron even supported him. No doubt they did weird things together in their secret societies. Good riddance and get out of there Scotland as fast as you can.

Like many others I'm convinced Boris tried to use Brexit as a vehicle for his own ambitions especially getting into No.10 without having to wait for Cameron's term in office to end years down the track. I'm delighted it backfired big time but as others have pointed out he's an opportunist politician who will simply wait for the next appropriate time and carry on as if nothing had ever happened.

As for Gove wouldn't it be nice, and most appropriate, if his constituency party withdrew their support, told him he wasn't wanted and should resign immediately.

I'm no fan of politicians at the best of times and certainly couldn't accept a turd like him standing up in parliament and claiming he represented me.

On a live feed yesterday ( Not digging out the link, but it was the Guardian ) it was reported that only 5 MP's turned up at Gove's leadership bid speech. I have a feeling that he will not garner much support in his leadership bid.

Two things have become very apparent over the course of the last week.

1. All the Tory leadership candidates ( 5 ) have either had to step down from a cabinet role or been involved in financial scandals. In the case of Liam Fox, both apply. Although this is shocking it comes as no surprise, it is nothing more than an indicator of how low Politics has sunk in the UK.

2. During the mass resignation's from the Labour Party, most of the job titles were utterly ridiculous and shows that vast amounts of taxpayers money is being spent on non - jobs within the political system.

The whole political system in the UK, including the party system should be abolished. It is clear that it is not working and should be replaced by something else.

I don't think even the Tory Party are stupid enough to elect Gove as their leader. So now we will have a situation where the two clowns who led the Brexit campaign are shunted aside and the next PM will be someone who was in favour of staying in the EU. Hopefully the gutless Johnson will observe a long period of silence but that would be wishful thinking.

95% of UK politicians are clowns, unfair to single any of them out. It might be better to focus on the 5% and find some names and try and get them into positions of relative power.

I am led to believe that Johnson has given up Politics and will become the editor of a fairly large newspaper in November.

If this happens wouldn't it just be par for the course ?

Johnston helps engineer a crisis that will dog Britain for god know how long and his own thinly disguised ambitions fail so he gets out to a highly paid job with no comeback for the chaos he's caused. If it's the Telegraph, an influential paper, he'll be able to sit back and snipe away to his heart's content.

This is the sort of situation which, if not involving a politician, would cause uproar in the Commons with calls for legislation etc to prevent someone profiting from such a f..kup.

"What a stitch-up! Boris clearly never wanted to become PM " I gather that's sarcasm or is it irony?

This assessment is nicely summed up in the deliberately wrong subtitles for the scene in the Führerbunker,

. If he was aiming for a narrow defeat, then he was not aiming to become prime minister, at least not immediately.

It's now become clear that he had no vision of what he wanted for Britain after leaving the EU, and the general suspicion is that he had no intention of Britain leaving the EU. Not only was he not fundamentally opposed to Britain being in the UK, he clearly didn't even believe better out than in on the terms on offer. He also seems to have been unable to formulate a vision, as evidenced by his article for the Telegraph of Monday 17 June, unless he really believes Britain should be in the same position as Norway, of being subject to taxation without representation.

Yeah its called democracy, Winston Churchill acknowledged that it was a terrible system just happened to be a lot better than the alternatives.

As Thomas Jefferson noted, democracy requires a well-educated electorate. What it also requires are limits on economic inequality in order not to create an elite that uses its wealth to write the rules. The first thing the anti-democratic (Hamiltonian) forces do is to cut and underfunded public education. And this leads to the Tea Party and Sara Palins in the US and the predominance of, how do you Brits say, Yobs, in the UK.