Overstay

Hello boys

i read this down :

An overstay of more than one year will result in a 3 year ban, more than 3 years will be a 5 year ban and overstay of more than 5 years will result in a 10 year ban.

i am overstay now 10-11 months

not 1 year

i am married here i have a baby and had so far 2 times 1 year visa

i have the resident yellow book,bank account.motorbike in my name ,Thai driving license ,i rend apartment in my name

i pay the bills in my name.electric-water-internet etc.

i arrive last time in Thailand 1 May 2015

i had to go out from the country after 3 months

10 days before i book i fly to go in Cambodia to renew my visa

2 days before my fly i prepare my stuff for this short trip

and i can't find my passport

all the family passports was missing

my pass from my wife and 2 passports my baby total 4 passports

we looking everything no sign from the passports

my wife have a shop and people coming in & out and guess somebody stole them

we go to police station and report

i go to my embassy to get a new passport and they tell me i have to wait 3 months to get a new passport

and

i lose my fly and i am overstay from that time

after 2 months my wife call me and say that she find the passports somewhere in the office

she lie for that 100% and something happen and she don't tell me the true

but i have now my passport and i am right now overstay

i will like to clear this situation and go out from the country pay my fine and return back

this time i i will get just 3 months tourist visa because after short time i planning to return back home

i really don't like this what happen with the visa runs and i don't like to continue like that for ever

Why they give me 1 year visa and i have to go out & in from Thailand every 3 months ?

so what will happen if i go in the airport ?

Edited by 1970

Reckon you are likely to face a one year ban on re-entering Thailand, sorry. Note, you should handle this quickly, otherwise it might turn out to be a three year ban!

These rules apply to the Alien giving himself up at immigration and are as follows :
Overstay more than 90 Days – 1 year ban from Thailand
Overstay more than 1 Year – 3 year ban from Thailand
Overstay more than 3 Years – 5 year ban from Thailand
Overstay more than 5 Years – 10 year ban from Thailand

yes

they tell me the same

i just call to the central immigration police .

i have another problem

i need to sent all my personal stuff back home +1 motorbike

i already speak with couple company's for sea fright

i get 1 email from one company and they need :

Documents required.

<>·Following document from you are required for export clearance of container in Thailand. Copy of passport clear and in color and your Thai Visa / Work permit and packing list with value in USD.

so how the hell to send my stuff without valid visa ?

and another question

my passport will expire soon in December

if i go out from Thailand back home

and i get a new passport with new number

and new visa from the Thai embasy

take a fly to Bangkok ,they will return me back ?

or i will be blacklisted in every Thai embassy around the world ?

I don't think you will be banned, mate. Yes, immigration has the ability to ban you, but I don't believe it's mandatory.

maybe your right

this is to hard for married people with children

my plan was to go in airport pay the fine 20k

fly in Cambodia,to get a new 3 months tourist visa

return in thailand

send all my stuff and go back home

but right now i will not risk a trip in Cambodia before i send my stuff home

or i have to find a way-company to send them without valid visa

Edited by 1970

First, listen to Joe. He is usually right about such matters.

If you really need to ship your stuff out with minimal paperwork, go in person to one of the courier company offices in the Pratunam area. They should be able to arrange a part container for you. The cost will be a little higher than dealing direct with the shipping companies, but a lot simpler. In that area, they are used to dealing with large shipments.

You do not mention your nationality, and the color of your skin. That will have a big bearing on whether you face a ban. regrettably, the rules are applied in a racist manner.

Do not delay further. Get this sorted out!

• Like 1

As mentioned you could be banned for one year. The rules are here:

Since the new rules started I have seen no reports of anybody being banned yet when leaving from an airport. You will have to pay a 20,000 baht overstay fine.

sound good

to risk ?

but if i get banned i stuck me there and my stuff here for 1 year ?

i already pay my apartment in advance for 1 year

but soon my contract will finish

my wife have to move after alone all my stuff in Chai Nat

you are on overstay, never mind all the 'mitigating' circumstances.

as to what will happen at the airport.... tell us about it after.

best of luck, mate

If people don't give reasons the thread replies are 'excuse me... why overstay?' etc. If they give reasons... 'never mind the excuses mate'.

Can't win.

Edited by jspill
  • Like 2

This is Thailand:French guys,named Jean-Pierre,just clear his 2 years and 2 months overstay with the help of an agency:75.000 baht+20.000 for the overstay fine.You can buy even your freedom in this country.

• Like 1

Since the new rules started I have seen no reports of anybody being banned yet when leaving from an airport. You will have to pay a 20,000 baht overstay fine.

sound good

to risk ?

Very sorry to hear of your troubles. I am not sure if it would help for you to show up at the airport with your wife, marriage certificate, etc - to plea for leniency.

Perhaps have a travel-bag - plus take larger luggage packed for longer term. Check the weight-rules for your ticket - sometimes it is cheaper to "buy it again" than ship it or pay weight charges to the airline. If you don't get banned, your wife can bring the larger luggage back home.

If there are things here you will not need for a year, these could be put in storage. A tip to a taxi-driver will assure help for your wife moving the boxes.

• Like 1

sound good

to risk ?

Very sorry to hear of your troubles. I am not sure if it would help for you to show up at the airport with your wife, marriage certificate, etc - to plea for leniency.

Perhaps have a travel-bag - plus take larger luggage packed for longer term. Check the weight-rules for your ticket - sometimes it is cheaper to "buy it again" than ship it or pay weight charges to the airline. If you don't get banned, your wife can bring the larger luggage back home.

If there are things here you will not need for a year, these could be put in storage. A tip to a taxi-driver will assure help for your wife moving the boxes.

Overstay clearance is done after check in and security. Not possible to do without checking in the baggage.

• Like 2

sound good

to risk ?

Overstay clearance is done after check in and security. Not possible to do without checking in the baggage.

i think jackthompson's post was not to be taken proverbial. i think. and again...

This is Thailand:French guys,named Jean-Pierre,just clear his 2 years and 2 months overstay with the help of an agency:75.000 baht+20.000 for the overstay fine.You can buy even your freedom in this country.

That is too expensive, going rate is around THB 40k, all in.

sound good

to risk ?

all ok with the cargo company

they will send the stuff even without valid visa ;-)

i don't need to go in Cambodia now

and i always if i travel i have all Thai original documents pictures etc. to show if needed

about the embassy

if i wanted a new passport valid for 1 week or something like that,for very short time just to go back home they will give me in 1-2 days

but I did not want to go back so soon because i just arrive in Thailand

go back in Europe to get a new passport and this after 3 months was not a good option that time and expensive to

i was just 3 months in Thailand

i read that time in internet whats the low about overstay

just this 20k fine

i thing allot about that and counting all the cost

if i pay legal visa it was 200$

every 3 months in & out for 1 year is another 200-300$

so it was almost the same and so i stay here

Right now the law change and is 20k fine + blacklist

well misfortune bad luck for me

i will pay the fine and maybe blacklisted,

maybe my son will travel back home with me he is 2.5 years old

and have 2 passports ,dual nationality

my wife will fly later alone

maybe this will help me in immigration to not get blacklisted ?

Edited by 1970

Passport expires in December, then this is another problem as local countries require 6 months remaining on the passport for entry.

Can you get a new passport here in Bangkok quickly, in time to exit BEFORE you hit the one year overstay date?

Mac

thank you for that information

but i will not go in Cambodia

Good point on luggage U.J. (and yes, I was serious manfredtillmann).

One also needs a boarding-pass to pass Immigration, in my experience. But perhaps the wife could go with him to that point - maybe be permitted to talk to the overstay official with him - bring the child and proof of marriage - explain what happened with the lost passports (speaking in native-Thai). Worth a try.

First, listen to Joe. He is usually right about such matters.

If you really need to ship your stuff out with minimal paperwork, go in person to one of the courier company offices in the Pratunam area. They should be able to arrange a part container for you. The cost will be a little higher than dealing direct with the shipping companies, but a lot simpler. In that area, they are used to dealing with large shipments.

You do not mention your nationality, and the color of your skin. That will have a big bearing on whether you face a ban. regrettably, the rules are applied in a racist manner.

Do not delay further. Get this sorted out!

"... regrettably, the rules are applied in a racist manner."

It is regrettable if/when it actually happens, but it's hardly unique to Thailand. When immigration officers from UK. USA, European countries, Australia etc deal with people from Africa, Asia etc, do you think those people receive the same consideration given white travelers? Likewise if someone in India or Tanzania or Venezuela or the Philippines goes to an American or Australian or any European embassy to apply for a visa that they will get a visa with the same ease as someone with a pale complexion from a western country?

Since he mentioned his home is in Europe there's a fairly good chance that your warning of racism won't come into play and was just you seizing an opportunity to bash.

• Like 1