Norwegian Begins Clean Up Pattaya Campaign

rooster59

Norwegian Begins Clean Up Pattaya Campaign

by Albert Jack

post-247607-0-07409900-1467445495_thumb.

PATTAYA: The mountain of mess in Pattaya faced by early morning walkers has proved to be too much for one Pattaya One reader and so he is doing something about it.

Each morning Wongamat resident, Ivan Bade, walks along the beach with his partner picking up litter. ‘There is not much we can do,’ says Ivan, ‘but we do as much as we can. It would help if there were more of us.’

So Norwegian ex-pat Ivan has invited as many Pattaya residents who are willing to pitch in, get some exercise and enjoy the beach to join him at Wongamat Beach Soi 18 tomorrow morning (Sunday) to walk the entire 1.5km and clear as much of the overnight trash as possible.

According to Nina van Toulon, Indonesian Platform for Prevention and Management of Waste: ‘Eighty percent of all that waste in the sea originates from land-based sources.’

Much of that will wash up on beaches all over the world.

BeachCleanJoin Ivan’s Clean Up Pattaya Campaign tomorrow (Sunday) at 8am.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/226546/norwegian-begins-clean-pattaya-campaign/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-07-02

Sadly, this is NOT the first time foreign talent has made this effort...no matter how much is picked up, there is always much more coming in. The military government should use its fleet to stop the ships from dumping. And campaigns on their nightly address to the nation about how it appears to the tourists they crave. This from someone who picked up stuff endlessly years ago and became frustrated with the endlessness of it all.

I recently had a Thai taxi driver complaining about how Thai's just drop rubbish everywhere. He got quite heated over it as well.

On the topic though we are constantly told that this country belongs to the Thai people so why dont they get off their butt and clean it up?

Edited by gandalf12

Good , we need to start somewhere. See you tomorrow at 8 AM .

No we bloody well don't, they do

Start with education on this in the schools.

In the home.

At the temples, the list is long.

Clean your litter up Thailand. bah.gif

Edited by onemorechang

You should take the effort to visit Bang Saen beach North-end early morning once; it looks like a dump on the waterfront. A lot worse than Pattaya and most definitely the ships which are anchored out waiting for access to Laem Chabang Port are the cause of this crap.

Occasionally myself and wife put on a big feed, cool drink and ice creams for the village school. We do not have kids there. The 100 or so kids spent all morning picking up rubbish all around the village to get the treats. The village looked great. Within a few days the rubbish was starting to appear in the village again. This is due to adults just throwing rubbish all over the place. I give the kids from the school a treat sometimes when they finish school and are walking passed the house. My wife tells them that if I see any wrappers from the treats on the ground then the treats stop. I have never seen any. But give the adults something then it is unwrapped and the wrapper goes on the ground until I tell them to pick it up. You cannot teach an old dogs new tricks. Have to start with the young ones and educate them. The old ones are a lost cause when it comes to littering.

Watched a group of kids around a mobile ice cream vendor a few weeks ago. All the Asian kids threw their wrappers on the ground while one European kid kept his until he found a bin to put it in.

The Walls man said nothing, did nothing, and drove away leaving a pile of wrappers in the street.

But on a good note the Nestle man who regularly visits my street now has a bin on his bike+sidecar.

Well done.

Cue the "has he got a work permit" brigade, though.

Appears you're the 1st member of this "brigade".

It doesn't appear like that at all but, ironically, you have confirmed your membership of "the can't read and comprehend properly" brigade.

I live in Jomtien and the amount of fly tipping that goes on every day is staggering.

and around the rest of Pattaya, Dark side.

The police just ride past, no one cares !!!!!!!!!!!

its these same people that throw litter out the car window or dump rubbish on the beach,

Should i care and clean up after them.

No.

Plenty of small time crooks sentenced every day at the courts.

get them to clean it up, as part of there rehabilitation, instead of 500 baht fine, let go.

or the Army, plenty of them around, training for a war that will never come.

I use litter bins, unlike the uneducated of Thailand who just use the Big Blue Bin in front of them.

Clean your own mess up Thailand. wai2.gif

I live in Jomtien and the amount of fly tipping that goes on every day is staggering.

and around the rest of Pattaya, Dark side.

The police just ride past, no one cares !!!!!!!!!!!

its these same people that throw litter out the car window or dump rubbish on the beach,

Should i care and clean up after them.

No.

Plenty of small time crooks sentenced every day at the courts.

get them to clean it up, as part of there rehabilitation, instead of 500 baht fine, let go.

or the Army, plenty of them around, training for a war that will never come.

I use litter bins, unlike the uneducated of Thailand who just use the Big Blue Bin in front of them.

Clean your own mess up Thailand. wai2.gif

Every empty lot in Jomtien is a dumping ground.

Even on the beach, I see Thais just tossing their styrofoam food containers.

This is not the time to do any type of work (unless you have a specific work permit) with immigration on the war path, and using every excuse to throw out foreigners.

They are throwing them out? Usually they take a monthly payment.