How long does mail take to arrive to thailand from overseas?

candothai99

Ive been waiting for a package from western europe from me family for almost three weeks now, while i am receiving other packages from other countries nearby from my purchases from ebay.

Does post usually take longer than 3 weeks from west europe? Or in general what is the longest you have waited?

I'm quite confused because before ive received from my family in as little as a week to now which is the longest time yet

cheers!

Depends from where, which service, and whats stated on the declaration form.

Usual delay is Customs clearance.You might also want to check with your local Post Office incase they are holding it, which happens alot if you are not in a main City.

Anything that has been sent to me recorded from the UK arrives in Thailand in 5 - 7 days

after that it has taken anything between 1 & 21 days to finally arrive depending where it has to go.

When I was staying in Pattaya the tracking was the full of the page it must of stopped at least 10 times from it left Bangkok.

Thanks for the replies yeah.. I'm in a major city here.

All i am receiving are standard letters sized envelopes/letters that fit into my mailbox..That are not recorded and are the slowest mail of all.

I've noticed that when i order some vitamins from the states they specifically state it takes about 11-12 days to arrive here. Although i have had instances more than i like to think that are arriving 17-20+ days later. Is the customs just lazy or what?

If its larger than letterbox size its still worth checking with local Post Office as they dont always leave a card telling you they tried to deliver.

Thats exactly why I have a PO Box and check that, its much more reliable.(IMHO)

I am a dinosaur that prefers magazines over electronic media.....over the last 3 years I have had several issues "gone missing" in the Thai Postal Service....as I type I am still awaiting an issue that should have arrived 3 weeks ago...so I am now forced to submit another email to the publishers explaining that the thai gremlins in the postal service have struck yet again, I have stopped getting stressed about it and just accept it as a normal breakfast order that went astray....

I am a dinosaur that prefers magazines over electronic media.....over the last 3 years I have had several issues "gone missing" in the Thai Postal Service....as I type I am still awaiting an issue that should have arrived 3 weeks ago...so I am now forced to submit another email to the publishers explaining that the thai gremlins in the postal service have struck yet again, I have stopped getting stressed about it and just accept it as a normal breakfast order that went astray....

Seems like we are alike in the fact we like hand-written or hard copy material. Unfortunately i can see it would be easier to lose something smaller than a big package per se. I'll wait another week then tell my family it could be lost..

what is the maximum time everyone has waited for an item?

Seems like we are alike in the fact we like hand-written or hard copy material. Unfortunately i can see it would be easier to lose something smaller than a big package per se. I'll wait another week then tell my family it could be lost..

what is the maximum time everyone has waited for an item?

I am in central Pattaya and have had standard air mail letters from the UK take 4-5 weeks to arrive with others only 7-10 days. Not tried packages yet.........

I receive quite a lot of packages from the UK. The one thing I have noticed is that if they are signed for, they take consistently longer to reach me than if they are not. Maybe 7-10 days for regular mail and 14-21 days for registered. My theory is that a registered package comes under more scrutiny at customs than a non-registered one. Possibly going through a different department. Also, the registered ones have pretty much always been opened and re-sealed. They don't seem to bother with the unregistered ones.

Six weeks is the longest I have had to wait for a package. But I know that there are members of TV who can beat tat by miles.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk