Sam Kong Underpass lane to close for 27 hours

rooster59

Sam Kong Underpass lane to close for 27 hours

Tanyaluk Sakoot

post-247607-0-70575700-1467468771_thumb.
The righthand side of the lane inbound will be closed. Photo: Tanyaluk Sakoot.

PHUKET: Phuket City Traffic Police have been informed by the Sam Kong Underpass project coordinators that the right inbound lane will be closed from 1pm today (July 2) until 4pm tomorrow (July 3).

The traffic police announcement details that the left inbound lane will remain open.

Chalermpon Wongkietkun, Project Engineer from the Highways Department Phuket said, "The Sam Kong tunnel will be closed from 1pm today to 4 pm tomorrow."

The right inbound lane will be closed to fix the paving of the road surface.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/sam-kong-underpass-lane-to-close-for-27-hours-58101.php#FGDffMcTw6DkJ0zJ.97

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-07-02

Yesterday early evening going south the right tunnel lane was closed, so only one lane was available going south through the tunnel. Going to town and Patong both lanes were open.

The concrete surface was far from smooth so hopefully it will be after this. I assume all 4 lanes will be done eventually.

So much for ordering construction companies of underpasses provide decent access roads as they all seem pretty much in terrible condition.

The standard of road resurfacing on Phuket's roads recently has been dreadful to say the least. Let's hope that they can do a decent job for once and that the road won't be full of potholes within a few days/weeks/months, though with the record of the company involved in this contract I somehow doubt it.

As Macahoom above, I have no idea which lane they are talking about!

Yesterday early evening going south the right tunnel lane was closed, so only one lane was available going south through the tunnel. Going to town and Patong both lanes were open.

That's as confusing as the article

Southbound goes to kathu/south

Northbound goes to koh kew/north

roads to patong and town are out of the underpass

is it the one thats going to central or to the airport that is closed

Edited by bearpolar

I don't think it was confusing.But if you're looking to not understand something, I'm sure you can achieve that.

But the 27 hour shave passed by now, so all should be open again.

Bear it says in the headline "Sam Kong Underpass" so in terms of which underpass it cannot be more specific. However in terms of which lane was to be closed it was a little ambiguous.

Edited by Valentine

Bear it says in the headline "Sam Kong Underpass" so in terms of which underpass it cannot be more specific. However in terms of which lane was to be closed it was a little ambiguous.

I read that the tunnel was going to patong and town on a side, im stupid.

Edited by bearpolar