Eagle Creek Luggage

tfc

Hello TFC,

Have not seen it in CM but there is a shop that sells EC in BKK. In the shopping mall next to Paragon (the one that is connected with a skybridge to MBK).

I bought luggage there. After 3 trips wheels where f'cked. Tried to get replacements in shops in BKK, Singapore and Holland. No service and no wheels. Luckily I found same size wheels in Home Pro in CM. Bag is going strong again and looking good with red wheels.

Cheers

R'tje

They are one company that really honors their guarantee. I have an Eagle Creek bag almost 20 years.

Zippers broke from heavy use, overstuffing.

Sent it to some address in the States two different times. All fittings changed no charge. Love that bag.

I've had an Eagle Creek shoulder bag since the 80's and it's never had anything in need of attention. It was from a time when us travelers liked to have a little zipped pocket for everything and the only problem was that as my moments got increasingly Senior I found that I was spending ages searching for something I knew was in there if only I could remember where.

Discovered a genuine 3½inch floppy in a hidden (but very useful at the time) pocket last time I had it out. Will pass on to the children....

Thanks all for sharing your experiences. I'm looking for a sturdy laptop bag (no wheels) and their tarmac weekender seems good but I want to see how my laptop fits with it for myself so seems like I'll need to do so on my next trip to BKK. Dipterocarp, their "no matter what" warranty is a definitely a pro on the bag I'm interested in, though of course I'd prefer that things like zips don't break in the first place. It's another reason I want to test out the bag for myself since I want to see if I can actually put everything I need including my laptop in the bag without it feeling overstuffed for short trips.

This link will give a list of Eagle Creek official dealers in Thailand.

http://shop.eaglecreek.com/store/storelocator.aspx?state=MN

It sure did not do that for me. Only Minnesota,

Nothing in Thailand or Singapore came up in my browser when I went thru their website for another "find a retailer" link but at least I did not get MN again. Does it really work for anybody?

This link will give a list of Eagle Creek official dealers in Thailand.

http://shop.eaglecreek.com/store/storelocator.aspx?state=MN

It sure did not do that for me. Only Minnesota,

Nothing in Thailand or Singapore came up in my browser when I went thru their website for another "find a retailer" link but at least I did not get MN again. Does it really work for anybody?

Page down to the bottom of the page and find INTERNATIONAL

Then click on the arrow pointing down

Then select Thailand.

Then hit GO

It will take you to the Thailand suppliers.

Edit Added step 2

good luck getting anything repaired like that in Thailand - done properly.

we have 9 Samsonite hard-shell cases; 5 are the largest size with wheels. as so often happens here, the rubber on the wheels on 2 of our cases disintegrated just sitting in the closet. plastic wheels were O.K. but rubber "tires" were powder at the bottom of the closet. we took them to mrbagfix in Hang Dong as they are Samsonite agents. they told us that they had never seen models like our before (all were purchased in the USA) and that we should send them to Samsonite in Bangkok, which we did. About 6 weeks passed and hadn't heard anything from them so we called. they said they could not repair them as they were U.S. models and no parts available so they sent them back to us (200 Baht). we took them back to mrbagfix and the the guy who was the most clever said he could modify the bags to accept another set of wheels but they would not be 100% and as smooth and durable as the originals. we agreed as we had a trip coming up where we needed many strong bags and for about 1000 Baht per bag they installed replacement wheels. they are O.K. not nearly as strong as the originals. Samsonite Bangkok was useless.

Archived