So my friend got deported.

Hey,

So a group of friends decided to all meet up in Thailand(two previously visited me and "bob"). I found out yesterday "bob" has been deported.... Thai Immigration waited for him to get of the plane and made him go into the immigration office. They say people who have been to prison with a criminal record are not allowed to enter Thailand. They have now permanently banned him for coming back and is currently on the plane home...

weird ! Was he incarcerated in his home country ? How did Thai immigration know about this ?

Unless he was on a wanted list or blacklisted from entering Thailand I find this very hard to believe.

If they would not let in anybody who has done time in his home country the place would be empty lol.smile.png

• Like 1

They apparently were aware of his criminal record and denied him entry under this clause in section 12 of the immigration act.

"6. Having been imprisoned by the judgement of the Thai Court ; or by a lawful injunction ; or by
the judgement of the Court of foreign country , except when the penalty is foe petty offense or negligence
or is provided for as an exception in the Ministerial Regulations."
  • Like 2

I think there are databases that can be accessed for certain types of criminal offenses. Perhaps drug trafficking, pedophilia, terrorism and etc. Not saying that was the case but as an example.

• Like 2

I think there are databases that can be accessed for certain types of criminal offenses. Perhaps drug trafficking, pedophilia, terrorism and etc. Not saying that was the case but as an example.

He's from the USA and turns out he's a sex offender.... He managed to come before and was allowed in it makes no sense.

He's from the USA and turns out he's a sex offender.... He managed to come before and was allowed in it makes no sense.

You need to choose your friends more carefully it seems

• Like 2

US sex offenders can be searched for on public websites (starting from the FBI site).

So why should it be unthinkable that Thai immigration has access/shares information about such offenders?

There are liaison officers in Pattaya as far as I know.

Also German federal police (BKA) has representatives in Thailand.

Thailand has a real interest to get rid of sex offenders, foreign pimps, pedophiles etc.

Things have changed since then.

Question answered. So this topic is mfr_closed1.gif

No need for further discussion.

• Like 1