Any fishing parks in Chum Phae?

jim hayes

Follow the waste all the street vendors dump into the storm drains, it's like Ice fishing, sit on a plastic stool and a can of warm beer and wait until something will float to the top and you don't need a pole.

Follow the waste all the street vendors dump into the storm drains, it's like Ice fishing, sit on a plastic stool and a can of warm beer and wait until something will float to the top and you don't need a pole.

Idiot

Ping Pong is still there. From Chumphae head to Khok Sung and make a U Turn at the District Office on the right (only U Turn available in Khok Sung). Head back to Chumphae, take the first left after the shopping centre. The above sign appears to be no longer there. There is however a sign in Thai with arrow and phone number at the turn off.

Ping Pong is the only one I know of in Chumphae district.

Ping Pong is open and has some decent sized Pla Sawai and Pla Buk but not so easy to catch. The place is tiny and is often very busy so you have to have the patience of a saint. There is another small place just off Walking Street called "The Fishing Line" but I haven't fished it yet myself. Chumphae fishing club often stages matches at various lakes all around the district with prizes up to 10,000 baht. I am fishing one this weekend and they are all advertised on the Isanfishing.com website (Thai language only). The fishing shops in Chumphae also have leaflets to take away advertising the upcoming matches - all in Thai of course! I live 20km away from Chumphae in Phu Khieo and there are one or two lakes around here and Kaset Sombun too. Send me a PM if you're interested in meeting up sometime..

Thanks to everyone for the information.

Videomster, thanks for the pics and video. I have fished Sri Nuan in Khon Kaen many times,just looking for somewhere else to go for a change.

Siamesecarper,thanks for the heads up on Ping Pong,doesn't sound like a relaxing place to fish! It's always good to get some local knowledge so will PM in due course.

Cheers.