Prawit says Chinese submarine is okay

webfact

Why the need for a sub....?

Because it is the Thai Navy's time to collect their corruption money.They will collect about 2 to 6 billion baht for every sub bought via overbidding of the actual cost of each sub.There is also will be an annual income for fuel and cost to maintain the sub that will be in excess of the actual cost..Ah Yes,corruption taking LOS further down the sewer.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe the Chinese sub IS OK, but to purchase would be idiotic. The gulf waters are too shallow for starters, but if they were not the use is for ?????. We have to assume that it will be operational as fit for combat ?? if so who is the enemy, what nation are they ?? It will near sit on the sea bed and use its periscope in the gulf--------just ridiculous when you have crippled old and young not being cared for. DOH

So Singapore, Malaysia and Vietnams submarine fleets must be as idotic then ?...what about patrols on the Andaman sea then ?

Actually during WWII the German U boats only had a safe oprating depth of around 90m, the Gulf of Thailand is around 60-75m water depth..and one could argue u boats did some very sucessful operations..

As regards the criplled old and young not being cared for could one not make the same remarks about the US/UK etc ?

With todays detection technology, those U boats would not last more than a few days if that.

You missing my point, our resident "expert submariners" stated submarines cannot operate in the Gulf because the water is too shallow, i was pointing out that U boats operated at similar depths, so their statements are completely false, they can operate in the GOT, how effective this would be is another completely different question, and of course no one has addressed Thailands other coast line the Andaman sea because it doesnt fit their Thai bashing agenda

Maybe the Chinese sub IS OK, but to purchase would be idiotic. The gulf waters are too shallow for starters, but if they were not the use is for ?????. We have to assume that it will be operational as fit for combat ?? if so who is the enemy, what nation are they ?? It will near sit on the sea bed and use its periscope in the gulf--------just ridiculous when you have crippled old and young not being cared for. DOH

So Singapore, Malaysia and Vietnams submarine fleets must be as idotic then ?...what about patrols on the Andaman sea then ?

Actually during WWII the German U boats only had a safe oprating depth of around 90m, the Gulf of Thailand is around 60-75m water depth..and one could argue u boats did some very sucessful operations..

As regards the criplled old and young not being cared for could one not make the same remarks about the US/UK etc ?

Bunny - U - Boats are over 60 years old now and we have NUCLEAR subs not diesel electric although SOME countries still use them but they too are VERY MODERN and VERY different. They can even go under the ice caps you know.

You have completely missed the point i was trying to make by miles...i am fully aware of what nuclear subs can and cant do, more than you may realise..

This says it all, antiquated TYPICAL Chinese - mass produce CRAP.

Propulsion systems are a major Chinese weak point not easily fixed. China depends on Ukrainian and other former Soviet technology for propulsion systems

Here is the link if you are interested

http://www.andrewerickson.com/2015/11/chinas-naval-shipbuilding-progress-and-challenges-cmsi-conference-event-write-up-summary-of-discussion/

And Thailand loves CRAP

The US relys on Soviet rocket motors, so your saying the US is buying similar crap, here is the link if your interested

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-space-russia-idUSKCN0X600H

A post in violation of the following has been removed:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.

Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

With todays detection technology, those U boats would not last more than a few days if that.
You missing my point, our resident "expert submariners" stated submarines cannot operate in the Gulf because the water is too shallow, i was pointing out that U boats operated at similar depths, so their statements are completely false, they can operate in the GOT, how effective this would be is another completely different question, and of course no one has addressed Thailands other coast line the Andaman sea because it doesnt fit their Thai bashing agenda
Ah yes, the Andaman Sea. Now I make no claim to be a Naval expert, submarine or otherwise, as a humble infantry man I always regarded the antics of chaps who went to war in LGBs (Large Grey Boats) as a black art full of mystery. However a casual glance at a map ( or chart as I believe the matelots call them) tells me that there are lots of places en

route from the Naval Base near Bangkok to the Andaman where someone of evil intent could put the kybosh on a passing submarine.

Base in Gulf of Thailand, operating in Andaman Sea, not really an "act of war"!

Edited by JAG

I have said it before.........Thai navy has nobody capable of running a sub and there are no trained crew. Presume China will teach them !!

That would be standard practice. You feeble attempt at a Thai bash has failed miserably.

I have said it before.........Thai navy has nobody capable of running a sub and there are no trained crew. Presume China will teach them !!

That would be standard practice. You feeble attempt at a Thai bash has failed miserably.

Quite given Thai Navy Personnel have received training in both South Korea and Germany..but it seems some posters dont let facts get in the way of a good Thai bash and Thailand even has a simulator

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/07/thailand-new-naval-base-submarines

Quite given Thai Navy Personnel have received training in both South Korea and Germany..but it seems some posters dont let facts get in the way of a good Thai bash and Thailand even has a simulator

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/07/thailand-new-naval-base-submarines

Fair comment, but I hope you don't believe all those officials with parachute wings are actually ready to grab their kit and jump out of a plane...

Given the shallowness of the gulf, when Thailand goes to

war with its submarines, its opponent will not have to use

expensive hunter killer submarines. They can simply fly

a plane overhead and see the sub...... This purchase

is funny beyond words, and a sad commentary on the

direction of the " government" as far as improving the lot

of the Thai people. A billion dollars would go a long long

ways towards helping education in Thailand...

Having sent personnel abroad for training courses and having a simulator does not equate to having trained crews.

The personnel sent abroad would have trained on German and South Korean Submarines. The simulator is German. The boat(s) they're buying are Chinese. They will be very different vessels.

Even with fully trained experienced crews working up a new class of submarine takes experienced navies a long time and a lot of training. Thailand does not have those skills.

This is not a "Thai bash", but rather some pointers as to why this project is a folly, which if it comes to fruition will cost lives, a lot of money and do nothing to enhance the nations defences.