Non immigration O based on marriage extension

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You do not need to anything until before your permit to stay ends. Once you are in the country the visas expiration date means nothing.

If your salary is 40k baht or more you could apply for a extension of stay based upon marriage during the last 30 days of your current permit to stay.

It is 2 or 3 months dependent upon the office you apply at. Most offices use 2 months.

If I understand well, I don't need another visa, just to extend my permission to stay at any immigration office, would I get the usual 3 months that I can renew indefinitely? what I happen if I travel?

6 hours ago, fry30 said:

If I understand well, I don't need another visa, just to extend my permission to stay at any immigration office, would I get the usual 3 months that I can renew indefinitely? what I happen if I travel?

• Visas are only required to enter the country so as you are already here you don't need a new visa.
  • You were granted permission to stay for 90 days when you entered the country, and because you are working you can apply to extend that permission to stay by 1 year.
  • You can only apply at your local immigration office.
  • If you travel you can buy a re-entry permit from you local immigration office, or at the airport when you leave. Single entry, 1,000 baht; Multiple entry 3,800 baht.
  • When you return using a re-entry permit the IO will give you permission to stay for the remainder of your current (1 year) permission to stay. 
Edited by elviajero

• 2 months later...

Hi again,

Thanks for all your help, my permission to stay expire on 18 November 2016, I got my work permit the 8 August 2016 so all I have to do now is to go to the nearest immigration with 3 months salary with taxes and they will renew my permission to stay for 1 years?

is it 3 months or 2 months?

On 8/23/2016 at 10:07 AM, ubonjoe said:

You do not need to anything until before your permit to stay ends. Once you are in the country the visas expiration date means nothing.

If your salary is 40k baht or more you could apply for a extension of stay based upon marriage during the last 30 days of your current permit to stay.

It is 2 or 3 months dependent upon the office you apply at. Most offices use 2 months.

Oh sorry, I read again and my answer was already there