PM Says Fish Stocks Falling

geovalin

Prime Minister Hun Sen urged Cambodians to fully develop inland fish production so they would not have to depend solely on fish caught in the Tonle Sap, Mekong and Bassac rivers for their main diet. Addressing the 14th National Fish Day celebrations in Anglong Chrey commune in Kampong Speu’s Thpong district on Friday, Mr. Hun Sen said due to rising temperatures caused by El Nino, the water levels of the Tonle Sap, Mekong and Bassac rivers had fallen significantly.

“Before, these rivers were teeming with fish and their waters were deep. Also, there was a small population and so there was enough fish for all,” said Mr. Hun Sen. “But now things are different. The waters are shallow and Cambodia’s population is larger. So there is not enough fish to feed all of us,” added the prime minister. “Therefore we cannot only depend on fish in rivers and have to find other alternatives.”

Mr. Hun Sen said inland fish production had to be increased to meet the nutritional demands of the Cambodian people. The prime minister said the best way to increase the population of fish in inland lakes and ponds was to frequently release fish fry into the waters so they could breed faster.

read more http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/26778/pm-says-fish-stocks-falling/

Thats a good move over fishing is decimating fish stocks , if its not reigned in , there wont be much of a fishing industry in 5 years.

That coupled with pollution is truely decimating fish stocks off several countries in the region.

Fish stocks are not the only stocks falling in Thailand and around the world...(Thais have no restrictions, that I know of, to harvesting fish and shellfish during their re-productive period...shrimp with eggs attached are considered a delicacy)

There is only one proven safe haven for your wealth...

Precious metals will rule after world economies collapse...(fish stocks will not seems so important at this time)

Not too late to get in before the prices go thru the roof and supply dries up...

Fish stocks are not the only stocks falling in Thailand and around the world...(Thais have no restrictions, that I know of, to harvesting fish and shellfish during their re-productive period...shrimp with eggs attached are considered a delicacy)

Precious metals will rule after world economies collapse...(fish stocks will not seems so important at this time)

Not too late to get in before the prices go thru the roof and supply dries up...

When the world economy collapses? Typical doomsday bullshit. Changing the subject to some conspiracy nonsense.

Gold is not an investment, by the way. It's purely speculative and I guarantee they won't take it down at the 7/11.

Man has destroyed the fisheries all over the world with overfishing. Greed always wins out. No fisheries management, no fish. In Asian countries, with poor management, the fisheries are past needing strict governance. They've destroyed the fishing already. Fishing bans should have been in place 5 years ago.

When the world economy collapses? Typical doomsday bullshit. Changing the subject to some conspiracy nonsense.

Gold is not an investment, by the way. It's purely speculative and I guarantee they won't take it down at the 7/11.

Man has destroyed the fisheries all over the world with overfishing. Greed always wins out. No fisheries management, no fish. In Asian countries, with poor management, the fisheries are past needing strict governance. They've destroyed the fishing already. Fishing bans should have been in place 5 years ago.

Gold was roughly $1,100 USD oz. at the end of 2015...now hovering around $1,370 USD per oz....how are your investments doing this year? When the SHF you better hope that some twinky will take you in and take care of you since you have no desire to prepare to protect yourself...

BTW...gold and silver are coming back into vogue...one can place one's USD in a gold-bank...be issued an ATM card...and yes the 7/11 will accept it...one's bank account goes up and down with the price of gold...mine is up 20% this year...

You and Hilary have a lot in common...you are both filled with turkey stuffing....

If there is ever a reason for Gold to go really thru the roof, one would be better off owning a reserve of salted/dried fish than Gold.

No matter how long one boils Gold in hot water: It still does not become edible.

Or, (in a worst case scenario) = a 1 kilo Gold-Bar equals 10 kg of salted/dried fish? That's what I would call a "Lousy Exchange Rate" !

Cheers.