BEETROOT SEEDS

Farangdanny

I am tired of buying Beetroot that is incorrectly sold. With all the roots and stalks cut off. It just bleeds all the juice and flavor away when cooked.

Please can anyone tell me where I can buy beetroot seeds in Chiang Mai. I have tried all the usual shops. Thanks

Growing your own is a much better answer than buying bottled beetroot in the super markets - far too sweet . Where is Golden Circle when you need Beetroot (Aussies will understand).

(spelling corrected)

Edited by xen

I'm surprised to read that you can buy them at Worarot Market - I'll check that out - but I've always bought them on line from the US - Bakers Creek Seeds. Good quality, reliable and relatively cheap. I can get them from Australia also but the US ones work out the cheapest.

I'm surprised to read that you can buy them at Worarot Market - I'll check that out - but I've always bought them on line from the US - Bakers Creek Seeds. Good quality, reliable and relatively cheap. I can get them from Australia also but the US ones work out the cheapest.

I just returned from buying them in Worroroot Market, thanks to Rotweiler.

Guess Xen didn't read OP, I didn't mention buying them in jars. I said I was buying incorrectly cut Beetroot

Doi Kham (Royal Project) nearby Royal Flora has beetroot every now and then, only lightly cut, you could probably take a small one and plant it. But not worth the hassle, it's dirt cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

Well - tried my luck and eventually found the seed shop, none too easy to find when you don't know the place - and we had to ask the way a couple of times. There they were, beetroot seeds - and I bought a packet for the said 50 baht. Just be careful not to grab the wrong packet - as there are red horseradish seeds (or so I was told) next to the beetroot seeds - and which on the packet the picture looks exactly like beetroot.

Anyway, the older guy at the shop speaks English (I think) as he repeated "beetroot seeds" several times when I took a packet from the stand. I'll try and plant some seeds soon - hopefully they'll turn out well.

Thanks for the all the info - much appreciated! thumbsup.gif