TOT Fibre to Home and ADSL.

Generalchaos

Recently we got the new TOT FTH package, 700 Baht for 20/10Mb/s, and it seems great. We also wanted to keep our existing phone connection and number, so TOT install a new fibre cable, but leave the original twisted pair ADSL connection to support the phone.

Well then, here is a funny thing, after TOT installed the fibre and left, I buzzed out the ADSL line with a meter and it was still showing a high frequency AC signal.

I then reconnected their old ADSL router and it seems that the ADSL is still connected and functioning! It has not been disconnected at all.

Tried a few connections to the internet and it runs fine.

Question now is........do they know.....can they tell? Will they even bother?

I could just run the ADSL for torrents etc. and use the FTH for the kids gaming and general internet....hell I could even use my second NIC and start teaming for an almost 30Mb/s connection!

If you pay for both they won't notice biggrin.png

Otherwise I expect that they will switch off the ADSL in a few days.

How long is "recently"?

Maybe the payment periods overlap and ADSL is switched off at end of payment period?

Edited by KhunBENQ

No, there is no longer an overlap, the last payment on the ADSL was for June 12th, the ADSL is still running. I had a friend that had a connection problem after TOT sub contractors messed up his FTH, we got the internet going using the old ADSL, it seems it is not disconnected.