Brit living in Thailand named as 'Mr Big' behind cocaine conspiracy

webfact

Teessider living in Thailand named as 'Mr Big' behind cocaine conspiracy
Jonathan Moorby, formerly of Ingleby Barwick, is accused of running an operation from the south-east Asian country
BY GARETH LIGHTFOOT

2004.jpg
Jonathan Moorby, pictured in The Gazette in 2004

MIDDLESBROUGH: -- A Teessider living in Thailand has been named as the Mr Big behind a drugs conspiracy that flooded the area with high-grade cocaine.

Mobile phones seized from members of the gang led Cleveland Police’s Organised Crime Unit to identify Stockton man Jonathan Moorby, 45, as the man giving the orders.

The breakthrough came after a swoop on a Vauxhall Corsa travelling north on the A19 with two kilos of 70% pure cocaine hidden in the boot.

Full story: http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/teessider-living-thailand-named-mr-11576907

-- GazetteLive 2016-07-07

Wow- 70 %, Makes all c- testers very blue.. And the birds are whispering into the coops' ears. No, he did it !!

Jonathan run....your friends aren't your friends.

Edited by lostinisaan

...on a global scale it would really be considered a minuscule amount one would think....

...and these are allegations are they not....

...especially if the man named is in Thailand.....so far away....???

...on a global scale it would really be considered a minuscule amount one would think....

The guy isn't even wanted by Interpol. It's very easy to blame a "mate" who made it to Thailand, isn't it?

I'm afraid that some high society clubs will have to sniff/ smoke/shoot lower quality supply from now on. And the birds keep singing..Chirp chirp...chirp chirp...facepalm.gif

P.S. Don't get high on your own supply...how can they leave traces on their mobile phone.

Facebook is the hit these days. Did they not learn from Thais? I know a TVF member who drinks a lot of beer.......where can I report him?laugh.png

zzz.jpg

Edited by webfact
image format adjusted

They seem to be good at catching criminals from overseas but what about the Mr / Mrs Big that are here in Thailand? Something does not add up here

The investigation was carried out by UK police in the UK. No mention of the RTP.

They seem to be good at catching criminals from overseas but what about the Mr / Mrs Big that are here in Thailand? Something does not add up here

The investigation was carried out by UK police in the UK. No mention of the RTP.

Not unless they are now driving Vauxhalls.

The question is has Mr Moorby been taken into custody or is Mr Moorby now a former resident of Thailand , there is nothing from the RTP regarding this, the whole press release seems wacky to me,.....................................coffee1.gif

The guy isn't even wanted by Interpol. It's very easy to blame a "mate" who made it to Thailand, isn't it?

I'm afraid that some high society clubs will have to sniff/ smoke/shoot lower quality supply from now on. And the birds keep singing..Chirp chirp...chirp chirp...facepalm.gif

P.S. Don't get high on your own supply...how can they leave traces on their mobile phone.

Facebook is the hit these days. Did they not learn from Thais? I know a TVF member who drinks a lot of beer.......where can I report him?laugh.png

I think I saw that 'Mr. Big' beer drinker on Soi Buakow. Small fellow with big belly?

"Jonathan Moorby, formerly of Ingleby Barwick , has twice been convicted for drug dealing.

He received a six-year sentence in May 2004 for conspiracy to supply Class A drugs and possession with intent to supply Class B drugs.

The then hotel manager was jailed for a further three years in 2011 after he was caught with a holdall containing more than £100,000 of illegal drugs.

Teesside Crown Court confirmed a warrant for his arrest was issued in December 2014. However he has never been caught."

I'll be sitting on the side of the fence that says guilty as fl*ck.

Hang on, have they caught him or just named him?

From the information released so far, it sounds like the Brits have just named him.

Now it's up to the Thai cops to catch him - that is, if he's still here and didn't do a quick runner.

Hang on, have they caught him or just named him?

From the information released so far, it sounds like the Brits have just named him.

Now it's up to the Thai cops to catch him - that is, if he's still here and didn't do a quick runner.

A Teessider living in Thailand has been named as the Mr Big behind a drugs conspiracy that flooded the area with high-grade cocaine.

Seems pretty dam clear to me.

How many posters actualy read past the headline

if something stinks , well kick the dog ...ehh... i mean kick the bit .

I think I saw that 'Mr. Big' beer drinker on Soi Buakow. Small fellow with big belly?

The photo's pretty old. He could look like.....

post-158336-0-38734000-1467865603_thumb.

post-158336-0-71074000-1467866295_thumb.

Edited by lostinisaan

And each transaction ( even a few grams ) was "approved" by him via an International phone call.

C'mon, some rats who just got busted are singing their life song. Chirp Chirp.......

I saw him in a temple and it seems that he became a monk now.

Global scale sure- but if you step on it once or twice, it becomes an eightball for a lot of happy Teessiders.

The answer is simple with the overseas criminals they always have a helping hand pointing them in the right direction. With local cases they must start from scratch and well you know what they scratch trying to figure things out. Crime from overseas is the low hanging fruit and they have no ladder to climb up the tree to reach the local bad boys. Beside the big boys here in the crime business treat it like a business and pay their employees well to look the other way. With overseas criminals there is no financial return unless there is a reward which I doubt.

Edited by elgordo38

Mr big of the boiler room scammers based in Bangkok but from the UK walks the streets of Thailand freely, yet everyone knows who he is

You obviously know little about modern day criminal investigations and the relevance of mobile phone usage. My advice, bin yours if you are planning on doing anything criminal, carrier pigeons are safer.

And each transaction ( even a few grams ) was "approved" by him via an International phone call.

C'mon, some rats who just got busted are singing their life song. Chirp Chirp.......

I saw him in a temple and it seems that he became a monk now.

Talking in riddles doesn't make you cool. You might get your point across better if you just posted in plain English